• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

vs Wolf

Vro

Smash Lord
Also, raising specific questions would be more helpful. Tristan showed you the general Wolf Matchup thread, but is there something specific you're having trouble with? Describe your situation more thoroughly to get more help.

Orichalcum

Smash Journeyman
Im mostly having troubles with his A combo, Tilts and Fsmash. Also im getting spiked from Wolf players with dair more often that i do get or ever get against other opponents. Also the invincibility frames on his reflector screw up my screw attack :p

Garde

Smash Ace
Just to let you know, this match is incredibly difficult. I don't see ZSS being capable of beating an opponent of equal skill in this match UNLESS you counter pick a stage like Luigi's Mansion or something like that. Use stages that FORCE him into the air (Pokemon Stadium does well at forcing him into aerial combat as you can reach him through all the walls and it allows for up+B chaining and air combos. Wolf does best on flat stages so avoid them like you would the plague.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Just to let you know, this match is incredibly difficult. I don't see ZSS being capable of beating an opponent of equal skill in this match UNLESS you counter pick a stage like Luigi's Mansion or something like that. Use stages that FORCE him into the air (Pokemon Stadium does well at forcing him into aerial combat as you can reach him through all the walls and it allows for up+B chaining and air combos. Wolf does best on flat stages so avoid them like you would the plague.
Your whole reply is practically the same thing I was gonna say. Glad to know I'm not the only one grabbing unfair advantages! :laugh:

Garde

Smash Ace
I don't see it as grabbing an unfair advantage, really.

He has an "unfair" advantage on many of the "neutral" stages for tournaments. Unfortunately there isn't really any middle ground that makes the match even. Stages tilt this match in favor of one or the other, or so it seems to me. You can bet he'll be counter picking a stage that gives him an advantage if you win, so you should do the same thing when given the chance.

k4polo

Smash Journeyman
It can be done. Alot of Trickery is involved though. Some tactics are stun gun and side B. Short hop side B is your friend against wolf especially those that laser spam. Air Landing Side B is useful.

Also remember that your stun shot goes Over wolf's laser but at the same time Wolf's laser goes Under your shot. (They don't cancel each other out on ground at least. (Haven't tested in air)So a stun shot or a charged stun shot is useful even if you take a Wolf laser as you stun. Then you can combo pillar or whatever if you quick enough.

So a laser spam Wolf(Long Range), try the stun shot or short hop landing side B(jumping over laser). Close range is tough for her for Wolf.That why you need to play defensive when Wolf is up close.

Keep him ranged as much as possible though and play on the defense. Since Wolf can outprioritize alot of characters, you have to go on the defense. Don't block all day just play smart.

You may can try a down B possibly.

Also she is faster than wolf so use that to your advantage.

Also think of other counters to wolf as well. I am sure there are many tactics him like any other character.

Overall she has the disadvantage though because of Wolf's good close range approach

Hope this helps.

Garde

Smash Ace
F-tilt cancels his f-smash and f-tilt, so if you're in range for either, you might consider throwing it out as it recovers faster than both (this requires good timing, though).

Your aerials are faster than his are. If you're very close to him, your aerials will come out before his almost all the time. His are way higher in priority than Zamus' though, so if he can get them out in time, you have no chance of beating them. When you're in his face (whether it's in the air or ground), you need to use the speed of your moves to beat him. Trying to get him into side+B range works pretty well when he doesn't already have his blaster out. If he's spamming lasers (not moving around but sitting at long range) jump towards him and land between shots, shield a single shot, and continue to approach. When you get close enough to attack him, he'll either stop shooting and go for an aerial/smash (that is your cue to space him for side+B) or he might not think you're close enough (then you use an f-air after the peak of your jump/SH to smack him between his shots and lead into combos).

KingofCereal

Smash Journeyman
especially because a lot of wolf's attacks involve him charging forward don't overuse >b or fsmash (why would you anyway?). though powerful it moves your body forward and leaves you vulnerable. i'd recommend dtilts to get under lasers and because it has surprising range and sets up most aerials.

Orichalcum

Smash Journeyman
Thank you guys im doing better now and play kinda even up with wolf now. Your replies helped alot

Top Bottom