• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vs. Peach?

Pudokai

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4527-9593-1085
Hello, thank you for spending your time here. I'm relatively new to Smashboards, so I wasn't sure on where to put this.

But this is not about me, it's about this MU I'm having so much difficulty on for some reason, other than those other MU's with Sonic, RosaLuma, Diddy, etc.
My friend and some others main Peach, and I end up getting bodied by most of them. Peach's float negates any use of PKF if I use it, and that Turnip ends up gimping me. I have almost no options when above a Peach as I can't seem to do anything other than Ness's now-garbage Dair. I know of the D-Throw -> Fair x2, but I end up getting hit by Peach's Fair. I also end up being edgeguarded because of the float as well.

This may be a result of me not knowing much of this MU. Any help is appreciated.

Uffe

Smash Hero
D-throw > fair is a legit combo if you're quick enough with it. If it's DI'd away, then it's not. If you can do this, land one fair and forget the next if you keep getting hit after attempting to land more. PKF is kind of useless here in this match up. Up and away from Peach while she's floating, she's an open target, so a full hop PKF can work, but I would advise against it since you can get hit if you miss. Have you tried PKT? Maybe even tailwhipped her with it? And depending on how well spaced this Peach is, you can literally jump into her with your fair, no d-throws needed. Her fair is slower than yours, but if she baits you, then you're going to get hit. Perhaps you should bait her. Above Peach, you really have no options of getting around as she chases you. Your best bet is to either attack with any aerial you can, probably even uair if you use the c-stick or have tap jump off, while moving away from her, or air dodge and don't be predictable about it.

As for recovery, I take she tap dances on your face while you're returning with PKT2 or throws a turnip on your PKT? I really do hope this is fixed for Ness, not being able to be stopped when he recovers with PKT2. I hate that even Diddy's banana can stop Ness while he's in his PKT2 animation. It makes no sense. Save your second jump if you can. If she tries to tap dance on your face, your uair or fair should beat her out. Against her turnips, if you know it's coming, delay your recovery. Your best bet around this is to jump figure it out yourself, because even though you can share grabs on the ledge, Ness still has issues with recovering.

Top Bottom