• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VS Mega Man - Matchup Discussion and Analysis

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
I haven't fought a good Marth in quite a while now. I just remember that his tipper range is dangerously short of our effective pellet range so Mega Man's spacing has to be on point. Then again, Marth is another contender for the title "King of Spacing" isn't he?
I really can't give a ratio though. Marth has an easier time sealing stocks but he's in trouble vs Mega Man if we get him off stage.

Xavix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xavix5
This matchup is incredibly confusing and slow for both sides, as they just try to hit each other and break through the others defenses. However, as soon as either seems to break through, it is incredibly easy for them to take the stock with their edge guarding tools. Now this is against Marth, as Mega simply outranges Lucina, giving him the clear upper hand. It's incredibly even against Marth, but against Lucina Megaman seems to have the edge. I can't say much about the newest patch, but the range increase doesn't seem to affect what I said above.

The short of it: As soon as mega or Marth win neutral, it's practically over for the other. Mega very clearly wins neutral against Lucina, giving him the upper hand. I can't give a ratio for either.
Hope this helps :). I'd like to play some Marths for more expierence, I only know one guy who plays him and he hasn't been around my local recently.

Last edited:

LGameTales

Smash Cadet
Here's an amateur Marth main talking:

I just recently started combatting Mega Man and I have a lot of trouble reaching through his pellet walls. Is there a secret of sorts? My matches so far merely consist of me walking in slowly, trying to shield all the pellets, and retaliating against an approaching back air.

There was one Mega Man who decided to just jump backward or in place while bombarding me with a million pellets, and embarassingly, I could do nothing, and after five minutes of slowly damaging me to 200%, he moved in and took the stock.

Should I focus on somehow moving in and grabbing? Forward-tilt-ing until he strafes in a bit too close? Do I have to camp until he finally decides to aggress?

Last edited:
Top Bottom