• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VOTING PHASE #8 ON TOP 5'S!!!- A Player List

Status
Not open for further replies.

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
Oh wow. I just came across this thread. xD

Something I'd like to say. Coco used to out place me considerably, a couple months ago. He'd get 5th, and I'd get 9th. lol. However, the only tourney Coco and I both attended since the beginning of November (which was before I started travelling) was this weekend. Where Coco did outplace me at 4th, where he only lost to Judge and Anther, where as I placed 5th, only losing to Lain, and Coco-- In Oli dittos, and a match where I went ICs to avoid the ditto.

Basically, I have gotten a lot better from travelling. I think Coco is really good, but I also feel like him and I pretty close atm, in terms of skill, and ability. And there isn't enough recent tourney placing to show who is definiteively better, though the most recent tourney would give him the edge. x___x. Just my thoughts anyway.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
L, you still deserve to be on the list. You are a top Olimar, and I think you're really showing it. Stop bein so humble dawg.

Nice avy too.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The best sonic is shugo

period

theres no sonic better than him. even when he doesnt play the game for several months, he comes back and just ***** with him. he likes falco n mk more but you need to wacth him in person when he brings out sonic

best sonic
He can be the best all that you want him to be. However, the lack of Sonic results we receive from him makes it difficult to gauge him in comparison to the rest of the Sonics. Not to mention he actually uses secondaries. It's not bad in the slightest, but I would think that with a character like Sonic, picking up a secondary isn't entirely necessary.

His lack of "Sonic-winning-results" (why picking up secondaries makes it difficult to gauge their abilities and skill as Sonic, and only Sonic) is the only thing keeping him from a higher spot in my opinion. I hear him doing good with Falco and whatnot, but I haven't heard a word about how his Sonic's been performing other than word-of-mouth, something that all of the other Sonics I listed have been getting as much of, if not more.

If you wanted to do a top five Sonics in any order, that's incredibly easy to accomplish (X, Speed, Espy, Wes, Shugo). However, if you wanted them in order of who's considered "best" and "5th best", it'd be impossible to put Shugo at #1 because of his lack of results.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Oh wow. I just came across this thread. xD

Something I'd like to say. Coco used to out place me considerably, a couple months ago. He'd get 5th, and I'd get 9th. lol. However, the only tourney Coco and I both attended since the beginning of November (which was before I started travelling) was this weekend. Where Coco did outplace me at 4th, where he only lost to Judge and Anther, where as I placed 5th, only losing to Lain, and Coco-- In Oli dittos, and a match where I went ICs to avoid the ditto.

Basically, I have gotten a lot better from travelling. I think Coco is really good, but I also feel like him and I pretty close atm, in terms of skill, and ability. And there isn't enough recent tourney placing to show who is definiteively better, though the most recent tourney would give him the edge. x___x. Just my thoughts anyway.
Such a sck trll you are.

Olimars in order:
Logic (Pyronic star)
Dabuz
Richbrown
Weruop
L cancel/-Coco-/Sleeh/Zori

I'd say Icylight also, but his recent tourney performance has been either very inactive or low placings.

Machrineith

Smash Rookie
As far as samus goes I believe a Samus from california named Skyos needs to be mentioned

he has gotten 3rd at a couple tournies and 9th at tourney with a couple notable players such as mikehaze tyrant,typh,camaman and Havok,Tearbear and DSF. He has a bit of a situation going on with traveling and cant travel for a month or so but I'd say thats pretty good for a Samus =3
Yeah, I agree, he's taken a game off of Mikehaze. Skyos is definitely one of the top Samus's.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
Or they could watch videos of people who are successful with Ganon. Who cares what ATs they use and stuff? ****, what useful ATs does Ganon have?
Dropping from the ledge to the stage is an advanced technique when you're Ganondorf. His DJ might be ideal for ledgeplanking, but actually getting to the stage is pretty tough, lol.

Also, none of the videos of the top players who happen to use Ganon are actually useful for learning. NONE of them use the ATs I and the other Ganons use in every match. Without stuff like that, it isn't very educational. Vex and those like him win because of superior skill with spacing and reading. While that is impressive, it isn't helpful for somebody trying to see what Ganon is capable of.

Ray Kalm, DLA, Clai, Z1GMA, and Swoops are probably the 5 best Ganon mains right now.
I'm with PD on this one, education and learning go far more than advanced techniques and flashiness, it's how well you can succeed in the highest levels of play. You want to see people that master the fundamentals- perfect spacing, use of perfect shielding, making full use of Ganon's options when other people shy away from them. You need to know just enough to win, the flashiness and other stuff is just bonus.

You're basically insinuating we should include flashy players who don't place well but oh well they look cool. If you're trying to teach someone by watching someone else, wouldn't you want them to learn from somebody who is actually doing well with the character than someone who does cool stuff but obviously isn't winning?
I could place well if I didn't play like garbage half the time...

Anyway, here's my votes for Ganon, in no order:
Ray Kalm
DLA
Vex Kasrani

There are too many people to think of for the last two spots, but Breezy would be in one of them if he's still using Ganon in tournaments (I've only heard he's stopped maining him, but I don't know how far that goes as to using Ganon at all).

Breezy should only use Ganon against Ice Climbers. :laugh:

Kole

Smash Lord
Galeon does not play Ike. He plays Lucas and is one of the best.

Conti

Smash Ace
I agree with the S and A tiers so far...
Btw for Pit...
Koolaid IS the best pit...
Follwed by a semi tie of vex and rayvn...

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
I think Twilight Princess was referring to the OP...where it was stated that other new characters looking to learn/get better with their main should look to those top 5 mains for help through videos/other things...

EDIT: GTFO PF. Were not even doing lucas yet.
:I

gawd, you're so mean to me ;_;
I agree with pink fresh about phoenix alpha, him and chaos ***** my partner and I in teams. PA was tanking...

Also just throwing this out there mr. 3000 is currently inactive.
PA is getting amazing. His placings, as of late, have been pretty nice. I saw a 7th and a 9th, and there were a fair amount of entrants in both of them, in which he beat some good players, like Fogo and some others iirc. He definitely stepped his **** up lately.
**** YEAH PINKFRESH ALL DAY

woooooo!
:D

Galeon is still top 3 Lucas.
He probably is, but I haven't seen many placings from him lately, because he's so inactive. I think he goes to less tournaments than I. O_O

Skyos is an OK Samus, I've seen his footage before, I knew that name rang a bell. I do not however, believe he is top 5 material. I mean no offense to you Skyos, I've seen you play, your decent, but you have some issues that you need to address. I would like to keep the Samus section as small as possible, when it gets down to the lower tiers, anyone can pick up a low tier character and MU experience will turn the tables in their favor.

However, it's not my place to say, that's just my thoughts on it.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
Jaws has a point with the low tier MU exp. :l

L cancel buddy, we know you're exceptional, no need to act all modest. (Thats my job D:<) Just keep it up is all i'll say.

Also, Coney has been mentioned for D3 alot...and i wholeheartedly support that. He da bes mayne, he dedede. Placing high and takin top names with vids to boot, he's up there imo.

Skyos

Smash Rookie
Skyos is an OK Samus, I've seen his footage before
As long as you understand that there is 0% footage of offline play with me on Youtube, and that I've never placed online or done anything noteworthy with Spamus online, that makes sense.

I have, however, done successful things offline, which was where I drew that I was more than "OK".

If you're judging any footage of me then it is online play recorded on to Youtube shown in a lagless environment because it is a replay. I'm not sure Wifi matches are good judges.

*Also, possible you heard my name from Syntax Error, the first Texture Hacking group? Most people say thats why my name rings a bell.

I didn't say Youtube.

Yeah that's probably why I remember that name, but that doesnt explain how I knew you was a Samus main x.x.

I meant no offense to your skill level, you are good, it's just that there are better Samus players out there, and with a lack of footage, how can you expect to guide people who come asking for help? This isn't just a "OMG MY NAME IS ON TOP 5 THAT MEANS IM PRO" list, this is a list that newbies can look at and seek help. It's nothing to do with how much YOU feel you should be up there.

Just sayin'.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
also.. noone but the midwest knows who quik is, but his wario took a set off Logic in a wisconsin tournament last month. He places very high here only losing to people like Anther and Lain. Just thought I'd spread my 2 sents about Quik. o.o

Framerate

Smash Lord
Yeah, I mean that's just a video of Skyos beating the best ROB player (and one of the highest ranked wifi players).

If you really want me to do the work of posting the second video of the set, here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqaZsyGmrC8

Now I'm not saying he's the best Samus, but top 5 definitely.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
Yeah, I mean that's just a video of Skyos beating the best ROB player (and one of the highest ranked wifi players).

If you really want me to do the work of posting the second video of the set, here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqaZsyGmrC8

Now I'm not saying he's the best Samus, but top 5 definitely.

...it's wifi

this is an offline list broski

Skyos

Smash Rookie
Judging by that video, there are plenty of better Samus players out there.

Thank you, that's my point. Even Xyro doesn't look perfect on Wifi because Wifi makes Samus just plain ****.

@Killer

You read it the wrong way then >.< I was not insulted, just kind of shocked that you said that. I stand by what I said though; I don't know how you can say you know how good I am if you've never actually seen me play outside of Wifail :/ I live in a tough community to place as someone said earlier, when right down my street (metaphorically speaking) is Tyrant, Haze, etc. etc. etc. I'm cool with "Okay" but I'd just like to know how you get your opinion? (Again, not angry :p)

Skyos

Smash Rookie
You seem angry.........

I won't contribute to this discussion anymore then.
I'm actually not angry at all 0_0 I just always come across as pissed.

feel free to contribute, or, PM me.

edit: sorry I write like an angry person :( i don't try to...im not actually angry at all

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Samus in order:

Xyro
No-Idea
Tudor
Rhyme
Skyos/Rohins/n00b

And Samus sucks, but No-Idea I've watched 3 stock Takeover a lot and he has beaten the great Inui.

Skyos

Smash Rookie
realistically, skyo's doesn't even attend tournaments much other than small locals, so who cares?

You attend those locals ,_, and i can't drive and am still in school; so i cant go to much further than Glendale for now

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
like i said, realistically.

Not saying you're bad, not saying you're good, just saying if you don't travel or put out results, it doesn't really matter.

Teh Future

Smash Master
why do cats take this topic seriously YOU ARE ALL DUMB wtf has anyone ever evenn heard of TC Im pretty sure its random cat no one knows none of this is accurate and none of it matters smashboards is ********

bassem6

Smash Lord
I dont know how malcolm and bluerogue are above me and fiction but I dont care enough to debate it xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom