• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VOTE: most hated and/or overused catch-phrase/word from the Brawl speculation

amost

Smash Apprentice
Leak?
Prophet?
Until now?

Which would you love to get rid of? Suggestions for more are welcome!

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Meta Knight's special moves.

Also, "There's no time to ponder such questions, for _____ has just grabbed a Smash Ball."

Zombieoficer

Smash Journeyman
I take back what I said about you must recover. Chuck Norris jokes and Over 9,000 are way more annoying.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Over 9000

****ing two years ago, SWF
Makes me want to slit my wrists. It's just not funny.

The only thing worse is "pics or it didn't happen." It's just unoriginal and annoying; once one poster says it, it is repeated ad nauseam.

KaptKRool

Smash Apprentice
Where the St Lawrence meets Lake Ontario (Tibbets
"Sakurai hates us!" or "F*** you Sakurai!"

If he hated us, I'm sure he wouldn't waste his time giving us at least a tidbit of new info on the game every day.

Edit: Though, I'll admit, I'm guilty of the former one once, on christmas, because I was really expecting something good, at least new, considering its the time for giving.

And Sakurai gave us something that would have been awesome, if it wasn't revealed in Sonic's official "Sonic is in" video AND the E4All convention. Seriously, how does he overlook that? He could have given us Snakes or something.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
"Sakurai hates us!" or "F*** you Sakurai!"

If he hated us, I'm sure he wouldn't waste his time giving us at least a tidbit of new info on the game every day.
Well one could say that if he REALLY loved us, he'd give us some actually useful info instead of s*** like "You must recover" and Stafy. Instead, he dashes our hopes night after night. I mean, no character in 2 months? That's just cruel.

Gamer2774

Smash Cadet
"( insert random anime character here) for Brawl"

I really don't want to hear that

White_Lightning

Smash Journeyman
"( Insert character here ) could only be a clone of another character"

As long as Sakurai and his team of developers have creativity, just about any character regardless of how similar they might be to another, can have a unique moveset. Certain characters just might require a bit of improvising.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Probably "You must recover" in general.

I think most (not all) others at least have some place where they are either still slightly funny or are properly used, but are just overused. I mean, to say a ton of stuff is deconfirmed based off updates that aren't even specific to it or by making implications is a good example of overuse. To say fourteen different characters and nine stages are shoe-ins because <insert common misconceptions here> is also overuse.

But "You must recover" was just a line from an update that happened to be subpar. I mean, you don't see people posting "The two shots above... Wrong." all over the place. I don't even see why things like that still spring up all over the place.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
"Geno"

I have nothing against Geno, I don't even really know who he is. That's one of the reasons he's so annoying.

Top Bottom