• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vote for Smash 4 at EVO 2015!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimgrim

Smash Hero

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
As much as I'd like Smash4 to be at EVO2015, I think the people who actively hate on Smash4 would go far enough to maybe multivote on multiple machines. We won't defeat the enemy, but hopefully Nintendo will sponsor Smash4 to be at EVO, I'd really like to see all the new characters and mechanics being played at a much higher level, rather than seeing Fox having a seizure while shooting lasers or Jigglypuff sliding around like she's covered with butter until she lands a rest.

As much as I'd like Smash4 to be at EVO2015, I think the people who actively hate on Smash4 would go far enough to maybe multivote on multiple machines. We won't defeat the enemy, but hopefully Nintendo will sponsor Smash4 to be at EVO, I'd really like to see all the new characters and mechanics being played at a much higher level, rather than seeing Fox having a seizure while shooting lasers or Jigglypuff sliding around like she's covered with butter until she lands a rest.
Now that you mention it, Nintendo probably would want the next Smash to be shown off. Hopefully they work something out.

I mean, Reggie did advertise the next Smash Bros. for his EVO video, didn't he?

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Melee again?

Are you kidding me?

At least give Smash 4 ONE chance at EVO, but nope, it's Melee again, not watching, kthxbai.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I think part of the reason is because we don't have a "meta game" yet for Sm4sh.

The other reason is for people who blindly hate this game because they think it's "Brawl 2.0" despite the fact many competitive players have stated otherwise.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I imagine part of the reason things are so lopsided right now is because it's just the 3DS game that's out.

How long is the poll going to be open?

Stackofbeef

Smash Rookie
I think part of the reason is because we don't have a "meta game" yet for Sm4sh.

The other reason is for people who blindly hate this game because they think it's "Brawl 2.0" despite the fact many competitive players have stated otherwise.
Theres already a meta and its a simple one.

Smash 4 wont be on Evo coz a tournament match of smash 4 is boring, slow and theres no depth or combos in combat.
After a grab, your enemy will mostlikey fly too far away so you wont be able to perform a combo that easily after anything you do.

You cant edge guard block no more so theres not much competition going on during a game. In other words, you dont compete for edge guard, you dont perform combos and it takes for ever to kill, meaning that the part where you punish your opponent is not always a big deal.

I do not like L Cancels, but wave dash were super cool. They fact that they removed wave dashing for brawl and U is what sickens me.

I watched many DS turney games on youtube and i get bored very fast.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero

Smash 4 wont be on Evo coz a tournament match of smash 4 is boring, slow and theres no depth or combos in combat.
After a grab, your enemy will mostlikey fly too far away so you wont be able to perform a combo that easily after anything you do.

You cant edge guard block no more so theres not much competition going on during a game. In other words, you dont compete for edge guard, you dont perform combos and it takes for ever to kill, meaning that the part where you punish your opponent is not always a big deal.

Pleas go to this thread instead; http://smashboards.com/threads/vote-for-melee-at-evo-2015.371041/

Kthxbai.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero

You =/= other people.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
What melee Again???

MORE FOXES AND TOP TIER??? C'mon I want Smash 4 to see different character than Fox, Falco, Marth and Jigglypuff all over again.

Give Smash 4 a freaking chance even is in the 3DS.

Stackofbeef

Smash Rookie
What melee Again???

MORE FOXES AND TOP TIER??? C'mon I want Smash 4 to see different character than Fox, Falco, Marth and Jigglypuff all over again.

Give Smash 4 a freaking chance even is in the 3DS.
Melee had a lot more viable characters than SSBB for tournaments.

In SSBB, only 7 out of 38 characters had a chance against pros.

In melee, 19 out of 26 were regularly selected, all good enough to win tournament.
Even the 2 of the worse: Bowser and G&W were good enough to win.

I'm not saying that U won't be more balanced, i'm just saying that you're overeacting for melee. No matter what game it is, even if all characters are viable, the best will be picked the most. That's common sense, everyone wants to win.

Last edited:

Raijinken

Smash Master
Smash4 should get its chance. Melee's great, and has plenty of other large tournaments elsewhere.

Stackofbeef

Smash Rookie
Pleas go to this thread instead;

Kthxbai.
This is a very biased thread, but anyway, no one is gonna use that website to judge which one should and which one shouldn't.

I have 4 Pc's at home and i voted 4 times for 4 different PC's. It's highly exploitable.

Good argument over numbers.

If Smash 4 have a chance to be on EVO it's for one reason, that Nintendo sponsor ship so i'm pretty sure smash 4 is gonna win his spot this year with or without the necessary amount of votes so i predict that both will co-exist since no one wants to see melee go neither,

but me personally, Project melee all the way.

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Look, I support the competitive scene, unlike most casuals. However, if they aren't even going to try out Smash 4 ONCE at Evo, I have lost a lot of respect for them. Even Brawl got a few chances at Evo. All i'm asking is that they play Smash 4 one time, and if it's bad, just go back to Melee.

It's a pretty jerkish move to Nintendo of America too considering they sponsored Melee at the last Evo so obviously they are hoping these guys will show a little promotion for their NEW game. Competitive players always say they want support from Nintendo, and when Nintendo does support them, they bite Nintendo in the back. It's not NOA's fault Smash 4 isn't Melee 2, it's Sakurai's.

Also, why can't they just have Melee and Smash 4? That would make the best of both worlds.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
This is a very biased thread, but anyway, no one is gonna use that website to judge which one should and which one shouldn't.
Of course it's a biased thread... Just as biased as the Melee thread for the same thing. If you don't want Smash4 at Evo but Melee instead then take it to the Melee thread please. As this thread is about voting for Smash4 and you don't see me going into that thread saying Smash4 should be in instead of Melee and saying Melee sucks (I don't think it actually sucks, rather enjoy it, just giving an example). I agree with @Bones0 on that point.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Even though I voted Melee, I still think Smash 4 should get a chance in the competitive limelight. I don't know if EVO's the best avenue for this, though. I imagine an unrefined meta and the generally stripped down combat would be unwelcome at that sort of level.

BrianAure

Smash Cadet
efffffff this. Why not both?
Melee finds their way in
and
Nintendo funds Smash 4 for EVO

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Would be great if both could get in, but Smash 4 deserves it more IMO. Give it at least one EVO in it's competitive history.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Both are quite close, just a 4% gap.

Let's see how this turns out. Smash 4 deserves a chance. Since the metagame is undeveloped, we'll probably seeing a whole lot of characters and methods.

BrianAure

Smash Cadet
Both are quite close, just a 4% gap.

Let's see how this turns out. Smash 4 deserves a chance. Since the metagame is undeveloped, we'll probably seeing a whole lot of characters and methods.
Just make sure it isn't like how Brawl was at EVO 2008. That was the nastiest showcase of the smash series at a competitive standpoint. A commentary that makes you cringe, only 3 months of practice, items on and Smash Legends dying to final smashes... lol
But yea Smash 4 might be in EVO 2015, since Brawl was in EVO the same year it was released. Good luck :)

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
Melee is gonna win... So sad.

But not much difference now... We should all share this link!

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Just make sure it isn't like how Brawl was at EVO 2008. That was the nastiest showcase of the smash series at a competitive standpoint. A commentary that makes you cringe, only 3 months of practice, items on and Smash Legends dying to final smashes... lol
But yea Smash 4 might be in EVO 2015, since Brawl was in EVO the same year it was released. Good luck :)
I don't see how it was that bad, I thought it was pretty fun to watch those people out of their enviroment trying their hand at a different kind of skill and adapting. And Smash Legends dying to Final Smashes means that they couldn't dodge said Final Smashes :)

Einyuri

Smash Cadet
Voted for Smash 4. While I understand where Melee players come from.. I just want to see something new/fresh at EVO this year. I think we have enough time to establish at least a temporary meta-game for Smash 4 by the time EVO rolls around.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Wait happened to Brawl? It was a lot better then Melee IMO
Brawl is shunned by the competitive scene for it's slow-paced, lackluster gameplay and hasn't been on EVO ever since people started hating it. Honestly, I agree, I didn't like Brawl very much at all, a lot of things about it's gameplay just didn't appeal to me. However, Smash 4 fixes a lot of things that made Brawl bad, so I don't understand why the won't give it just one chance.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Voted for Smash 4. As long as the organisers don't mess it up like they did with Brawl it should do fine if it ends up at EVO.

Plus a new game with a whole new meta game and a whole new cast? Good change of pace for me. I like Melee but the idea of a new game with its own tactics being in a national tournament is enticing and it would give it some proper exposure. The best outcome would be for both to get in despite how impossible that is.

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Would be great if both could get in, but Smash 4 deserves it more IMO. Give it at least one EVO in it's competitive history.
Yeah, Brawl got at least that. I find it crazy people are even questioning having the new game at EVO.

Davis-Lightheart

Smash Journeyman
You're all mad.

Why is there such a divide here? Why can't we ban together to ask for both games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom