• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vote Arle Nadja for Smash!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
At this point, I'm convinced that Iwata came up with the deadline himself and he would have been the one to review it. But now that he is gone, I'm sure the higher ups at Nintendo are looking for someone else (probably the new president) to handle it themselves. It would make sense as to give us a glimpse of the results while revealing a new character in a new direct this month since it seems like the right move for Nintendo at the moment.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
At this point, I'm convinced that Iwata came up with the deadline himself and he would have been the one to review it. But now that he is gone, I'm sure the higher ups at Nintendo are looking for someone else (probably the new president) to handle it themselves. It would make sense as to give us a glimpse of the results while revealing a new character in a new direct this month since it seems like the right move for Nintendo at the moment.
R.I.P Iwata:crying:. I wonder if he would have taken Arle into consideration at all or if the new president would do it. BTW, the Smash ballot is STILL open guys. Let's try throwing some votes Arle's way, huh?

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I love Puyo Pop Fever, and would love Arle to get in!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I only just recently learned of this character.
Between Arle and Lip, Arle is easily the better choice. Could be a second Sega character, is not from an extremely irrelevant series, less um, overtly kawaii design, etc.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I only just recently learned of this character.
Between Arle and Lip, Arle is easily the better choice. Could be a second Sega character, is not from an extremely irrelevant series, less um, overtly kawaii design, etc.
Personally, I REALLY want both of them, but I'm a little sad to say that I think, despite being a third-party character, Arle honestly has the better chance. As you said, she isn't as obscure as Lip is these days. Even in their own home country of Japan becoming more and more obscure, whereas Arle gets a new game every 2-3 years or so. Also, Arle and Tails are my top picks for a second SEGA rep for Smash. Aside from Tails, I REALLY don't want SEGA to reuse Sonic as their only option of multiple SEGA reps. Also, while Arle has a..."kawaii" design, it's nothing that should be worried about in this day and age of gaming. Technically, I suppose the same could sort of go for Lip, if things like My Little Pony are any indication.

Last edited:

Notshane

Smash Ace
Personally, I REALLY want both of them, but I'm a little sad to say that I think, despite being a third-party character, Arle honestly has the better chance. As you said, she isn't as obscure as Lip is these days. Even in their own home country of Japan becoming more and more obscure, whereas Arle gets a new game every 2-3 years or so.
On the contrary. Lip actually has a significant amount of relevance, but I do believe that Nintendo already said at one point that she would never show up, which is why nobody voted for her. When everyone saw the item in Melee for the first time, that is where it begun. And then they just added in a remix of her theme to Brawl and that was the last we heard of Lip.

Also, while Arle has a..."kawaii" design, it's nothing that should be worried about in this day and age of gaming. Technically, I suppose the same could sort of go for Lip, if things like My Little Pony are any indication.
Knowing Nintendo, they will probably use Arle's current design and will probably not have any of the move ideas we are thinking of here. I can also see her final smash being a generic reference to Puyo Puyo solely instead of Madou Mongatari as well, but given the amount of love that Ryu got, which is a mix of both his classic and modern incarnations, I can hope that Arle would have a similar concept. She just has too much potential to not be wasted and I hope we can refute that to Nintendo.

So, looking at this...

Versus...

Lip wins here in terms of an easier 3D conversion. She really only loses with the idea of her moves, which are non-existent. Well Arle, on the other hand, has an array of ideas ahead of her that might never see the light of day beyond her games.

Speaking of her series, and to once again digress significantly this time around because I always like bringing more of this game into the discussion, I always did want them to do it 3D one day. But, I actually have a hard time imagining how it would look without the anime appearance.

When Compile resurrected, they tried to get Puyo Puyo back, but failed. And, they also basically lost Madou Monogatari as well, given Arle is the star of that game; and that all of the monsters in it ALSO appeared in Puyo Puyo. I believe all they have left of that game is Arle's friends that never appeared in the puzzle games.

They were going to try and resurrect Madou Monogatari, as well as return Arle to her roots, but still retain most of the post-Puyo Puyo~n characters and give them a conversion to the prior art style. After that backfired, they made a new game instead for the Vita that is really similar to Madou Monogatari, even receiving a generous amount of praise.

It is the first time that the game was localized, albeit in a reincarnated form. Regardless, it did well and this opens us up to the idea that the actual entries in that series might actually have been very good games, but nobody ever put in the effort to translate them. At least, that I am aware of. Sure wish more people got to play them.

What is even sadder is that most of the original Compile people, except for Kazunari Yonemitsu, returned to this resurrected company. I do believe he is the creator of both Puyo Puyo and Madou Monogatari, so that could perhaps hurt the series a bit if they do somehow get it back. But, given all of the other people came back, they could probably do just as good of a job as they did with him.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I wonder what Puyo Puyo will be doing for its 25th anniversary? Maybe add Arle to Smash:awesome:, even though that in itself is a pipe dream at best from the looks of things so far...:urg:

Notshane

Smash Ace
I wonder what Puyo Puyo will be doing for its 25th anniversary? Maybe add Arle to Smash:awesome:, even though that in itself is a pipe dream at best from the looks of things so far...:urg:
If they announced Puyo Puyo 8 for next year, that Compile Hearts would be heading it and, to top it off, Arle making a surprise entry as DLC in Sm4sh on the same day Puyo Puyo 8 is annoucned (with no reveal trailer for Arle until the same day she is released), then my time on this earth would be finished and I would be off to a better place. Well, after I play with Arle for double the time I have played Sm4sh up to this point, of course.

Also, wow, I guess it was weird to offer my figurines on the internet XD nobody jumped on that offer. Still, I can not throw these away. I will just ship them to a random apartment in Japan and hope that I can mail it without a return address. Maybe they will just keep it and move on with life.

Last edited:

Notshane

Smash Ace
I wouldn't mind Tails, but I agree with that article. Given Capcom has two unique reps that have very positive reception, it would make sense for SEGA to take another gem from their chest instead of going back to the Sonic vault. If Tails does get included, I might lose some of my faith in SEGA, only because Nintendo approached them again, asking for another rep, and they just give them more of what they believe is what most people want. If any other Sonic rep should join the fray, I think Knuckles should as he would at least differentiate the Sonic cast by being a heavyweight and I feel we do not have enough of those.

Of course, no offense to those that actually want the Sonic characters, such as yourself, but I would rather have SEGA pull something else from their vault of potential fighters. Besides Arle, whom I think might also be a heavyweight if she joins XD do not know why. But, besides her, Joe Musashi would be a FANTASTIC fighter.

Granted, it would make sense for Nintendo to go with Ryu Hayabusa if they need another ninja, but Joe Musashi would be SICK. If they both appeared, that would be one awesome showdown. Nintendo's best ninja vs SEGA's best ninja. That is honestly almost better than Mario vs Sonic. Hell, I think it is, because we have never seen it happen yet.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I wouldn't mind Tails, but I agree with that article. Given Capcom has two unique reps that have very positive reception, it would make sense for SEGA to take another gem from their chest instead of going back to the Sonic vault. If Tails does get included, I might lose some of my faith in SEGA, only because Nintendo approached them again, asking for another rep, and they just give them more of what they believe is what most people want. If any other Sonic rep should join the fray, I think Knuckles should as he would at least differentiate the Sonic cast by being a heavyweight and I feel we do not have enough of those.

Of course, no offense to those that actually want the Sonic characters, such as yourself, but I would rather have SEGA pull something else from their vault of potential fighters. Besides Arle, whom I think might also be a heavyweight if she joins XD do not know why. But, besides her, Joe Musashi would be a FANTASTIC fighter.

Granted, it would make sense for Nintendo to go with Ryu Hayabusa if they need another ninja, but Joe Musashi would be SICK. If they both appeared, that would be one awesome showdown. Nintendo's best ninja vs SEGA's best ninja. That is honestly almost better than Mario vs Sonic. Hell, I think it is, because we have never seen it happen yet.
Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE for SEGA to select a second rep from a series that ISN'T Sonic. Tails is simply the one character I wouldn't gripe about for a while. Arle would be my fist choice obviously, and after her, NiGHTS, AiAi, Amigo, Ryo Hazuki, Alex Kidd, Ulala, B.D. Joe, Billy Hatcher, Beat, the ChuChus, Opa Opa, and many more, but they aren't coming to mind, so I'll bring them up later. Heck, the article on SG even states if not for Arle's WAY bigger notoriety in Japan, the SG guys would consider her a bigger contender. Apparently, they themselves are aware of Puyo Puyo's amazing sales in Japan, sometimes even outselling Sonic, but apparenty they think either we're getting another Sonic character, or someone more notable OUTSIDE of Sonic, like NiGHTS.

Last edited:

Notshane

Smash Ace
Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE for SEGA to select a second rep from a series that ISN'T Sonic. Tails is simply the one character I wouldn't gripe about for a while. Arle would be my fist choice obviously, and after her, NiGHTS, AiAi, Amigo, Ryo Hazuki, Alex Kidd, Ulala, B.D. Joe, Billy Hatcher, Beat, the ChuChus, Opa Opa, and many more, but they aren't coming to mind, so I'll bring them up later. Heck, the article on SG even states if not for Arle's WAY bigger notoriety in Japan, the SG guys would consider her a bigger contender. Apparently, they themselves are aware of Puyo Puyo's amazing sales in Japan, sometimes even outselling Sonic, but apparenty they think either we're getting another Sonic character, or someone more notable OUTSIDE of Sonic, like NiGHTS.
NiGHTS is good fun and all, but I don't think she was significant enough to qualify for Super Smash Bros. I think there are other SEGA reps that deserve the spot before her, despite her significance. I just feel like they have better options. The rest are great, though. Honestly, if someone posts up an article about Nintendo considering Arle, I will be too heartbroken to read it.

I know it will be a dumb reason, because the Ice Climbers were a dumb one (literally, who would care about them being exclusive if the consoles do not have cross-play and already have different stages) and Takamaru made NO sense to me. No matter what, it will NOT make sense to me. I hate their reasoning for him. Ayumi Tachibana is understandable, given she had NO relevance here. But, Takamaru was actually getting popular just before the development of Sm4sh, even. No excuses.

Though I am not gonna lie, if I read that article saying "consider" at all, I will be impressed, too.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
NiGHTS is good fun and all, but I don't think she was significant enough to qualify for Super Smash Bros. I think there are other SEGA reps that deserve the spot before her, despite her significance. I just feel like they have better options. The rest are great, though. Honestly, if someone posts up an article about Nintendo considering Arle, I will be too heartbroken to read it.

I know it will be a dumb reason, because the Ice Climbers were a dumb one (literally, who would care about them being exclusive if the consoles do not have cross-play and already have different stages) and Takamaru made NO sense to me. No matter what, it will NOT make sense to me. I hate their reasoning for him. Ayumi Tachibana is understandable, given she had NO relevance here. But, Takamaru was actually getting popular just before the development of Sm4sh, even. No excuses.

Though I am not gonna lie, if I read that article saying "consider" at all, I will be impressed, too.
When you say you'll be heartbroken, do you mean as in, if Nintendo actually had Arle in consideration for Smash, and they dropped her, you'd be pretty heartbroken over it? Cause trust me, I would too.:urg:

Notshane

Smash Ace
When you say you'll be heartbroken, do you mean as in, if Nintendo actually had Arle in consideration for Smash, and they dropped her, you'd be pretty heartbroken over it?
Yeah. It wouldn't be as bad as Takamaru, given she has NO relevance here at all, almost. But, it would be sad if she somehow got on the table on and off just like that.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Yeah. It wouldn't be as bad as Takamaru, given she has NO relevance here at all, almost. But, it would be sad if she somehow got on the table on and off just like that.
Ugh, you're right. And considering Puyo Puyo is usually the 2nd best selling SEGA franchise, just behind Sonic, and sometimes even beating Sonic, I can sadly see the scenario where Arle was taken into consideration and dropped.:urg:

Before these threads go away forever, anyone wanna make a Sega thread?
Yeah, maybe we could do that. Base it off of Source Gaming's post on SEGA characters and all. Arle included.

Notshane

Smash Ace
Ugh, you're right. And considering Puyo Puyo is usually the 2nd best selling SEGA franchise, just behind Sonic, and sometimes even beating Sonic, I can sadly see the scenario where Arle was taken into consideration and dropped.:urg:
I know the chances are very minimal, but I still want her to show up! I just wish she wasn't so irrelevant to the community. Her, Ayumi, Takamaru. Every character I WANT is obscure. Oh, and we can obviously not forget about Goemon! At least he has a chance, though, given his insane amount of votes in Japan.

On the bright side, Puyo Puyo Tsu is coming out this Christmas on the 3DS! Japan only, but...well, you know. I look forward to replaying it in glorious widescreen, even if it is still pretty shrunken on the 3DS.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I know the chances are very minimal, but I still want her to show up! I just wish she wasn't so irrelevant to the community. Her, Ayumi, Takamaru. Every character I WANT is obscure. Oh, and we can obviously not forget about Goemon! At least he has a chance, though, given his insane amount of votes in Japan.

On the bright side, Puyo Puyo Tsu is coming out this Christmas on the 3DS! Japan only, but...well, you know. I look forward to replaying it in glorious widescreen, even if it is still pretty shrunken on the 3DS.
*Sigh* Japan-only, of course.....:urg:

Notshane

Smash Ace
*Sigh* Japan-only, of course.....:urg:
Don't worry, dude. It is a physical release, so you can still play it on yours :)

Region unlocking isn't hard, I could even message and show you how to do it once it comes out :D

Loïc

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2964-9447-9337
Man. It's been ages since I've been here...how's all the Arle and Puyo talk been since the ballot's been over? It seems as though talk about DLC and what not in general has died down, presumably because no one's heard anything from Nintendo or Sakurai.

Before these threads go away forever, anyone wanna make a Sega thread?
I'd be up for it, but I rarely come here so someone else should probably do it.

Here a recent pic on SEGA's twitter.View attachment 80345
That Sonic plush is actually terrifying.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Fun is infinite with Sega Enterprises. ~Signed Majin :troll:
Now that I think of it, the trollface does suspiciously look like that human faced Sonic. I can't stop laughing.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey guys, VERY soon, I'll be making a new Arle Nadja thread for oni's section! The owner of this thread said I could do it if I wanted to, so I'll be making it REAL soon, so get ready! BTW, if you guys have ANY suggestions on anything I should add, please tell me! BTW, please guys, give me a list of you supporters so I can make for the new thread so I don't forget anyone, please!

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hey guys, VERY soon, I'll be making a new Arle Nadja thread for oni's section! The owner of this thread said I could do it if I wanted to, so I'll be making it REAL soon, so get ready! BTW, if you guys have ANY suggestions on anything I should add, please tell me! BTW, please guys, give me a list of you supporters so I can make for the new thread so I don't forget anyone, please!
Loïc
Dotsies
Notshane
JBX9001
Nintenzilla
SSBCandidates
PreedReeve
ZestyN
Camc10
~TCT~ Phantom

Anyone on the list who didn't get invitation shall be covered soon. Good luck with the new thread.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Loïc
Dotsies
Notshane
JBX9001
Nintenzilla
SSBCandidates
PreedReeve
ZestyN
Camc10
~TCT~ Phantom

Anyone on the list who didn't get invitation shall be covered soon. Good luck with the new thread.
*cough* *cough* Missing someone important *cough*

Notshane

Smash Ace
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhh........I wonder what THIS is about? Maybe I'll finally get my Sonic/Puyo Puyo crossover.....:rolleyes:
Wait, I thought that Sonic was the one facing all the badniks in MBM?

Last edited:

Notshane

Smash Ace
Hmm, I was thinking: "The Nonchalantly Tomboyish Wizard: Arle Nadja" (hazel text based on her eye color) but that might sound a bit too descriptive of her personality XD

Last edited:
Top Bottom