• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VOTE ABRAHAM LINCOLN FOR SMASH 4: Democracy in Action!

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
My fellow citizens of Earth (but not Citizens of Earth, that game sucked.)

Three Fourths of a score years ago daddy Sakurai brought forth on this world, a new game, conceived in Smashery, and dedicated to the proposition that all men need to beat the crap out of each other with Nintendo characters.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether this community, or any fighter so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure the crazy character requests. We are met on a great battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of this community, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live.Popo. Wolf. Luca-oh, wait. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

My friends. In this new era of democratic Smashing, I ask unto you to consider a brave leader who will lead the roster to new highs. Too long have Smashers been oppressed by the Furries from Space. Too long has the Metal Knight from Dreamland oppressed us. Too long as the Hoo-Hah crying simian held you down. I ask unto you to consider...

This steam powered fighter from Code Name S.T.E.A.M. brings a lot more than just democracy to the table. He brings a whole team of unique combatants from American literature and history, who he can command in battle or borrow weapons from.
Like Robin, he's the focus of the plot of the game despite not officially being the main protagonist. The Japanese subtitile of STEAM is even "Lincoln vs Aliens"

He can bring a lot of unique gimmicks to the table, such as his movement and attacks being limited by the amount of steam he has, and he has to take it slow to conserve/generate some.

Here's a sample special moveset, using the idea that he borrows moves:
:GCB:: Punch Gun
Shoots out a boxing glove that stuns opponents

:GCR::GCB:: Penguin Lobber
Drops a robotic penguin that moves forward until it hits something...and then explodes. Lincolns movement is limited while this is out.

:GCU::GCB:: Lion Launcher
A dramatic pounce (because you know you've always wanted to see Abe Lincoln pounce of Samus) where he flies high into the air and then hits a spot strongly.

:GCD::GCB::Unspeakable Lure
He launches a frozen chicken wing which opponents in neutral will naturally walk towards. Any neutral frames are enough to have an effect, including aerial neutral. He's limited in how much he can use this though.

Final Smash:
Do I have to say it? He summons the Anthropomorphic Battle Engine, or ABE, and, well...
GIANT MECHA SHAPED LIKE LINCOLN!

Last edited:

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
No interest in the President?

Well, that's okay, I guess. I'll see about getting this closed if no interest shows.
Too bad.

ALL SHALL SUBMIT TO HIS DEMOCRATIC POWERS. I mean uhh yeah he would be great. I was going to make this thread but the henry fleming one was made and he has a higher chance so i didnt bother.

But i would infinitely prefer lincoln

Are double/triple posts still aN issue for bumping?

Last edited:

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
As an American, I would be proud to see our 16th president represent our great nation in this fine game.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I do hope he says 'executive decision' with his forward smash.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I'd be surprisingly okay with this. I made a Lincoln Mii and made him a Steampunk Gunner in honor of Codename: S.T.E.A.M. - If I could make the Top Hat black and have some American Flag-like clothes it'd be better, but eh. I'm cool with this idea.

Top Bottom