• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Visit the MK forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

hough123

Smash Ace
I knew about this.
(un)Fortunately, this will most likely be banned as it is a stalling tactic.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Jesus. As if MK weren't already the most annoying character in the cast.

acv

Smash Journeyman
its too hard to stall with this.people get tired after 8 minutes you know.

Crow!

Smash Lord
Dang. That's nasty.

From the other thread I see SBRs are moving toward banning it straight out, which I'm all for. I'm not even all that worried about using it as a stall, either - can you imagine having to deal with MK on final destination when he has the ability to phase out of reality and then only phase in to attack you wherever and whenever he feels like it? Ugh. You'd have to chain spot dodge perfectly at all times and just hope MK isn't good enough at the timing to hit you anyway.

So how does a ban of this even get enforced? If someone does this to stay out of this dimension for an extra 1 second and hit you off guard after 3 minutes of the match have already passed, how do you prove your opponent just cheated?

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
i hope they dont ban it alltogether but just you know, after 10 seconds you must come out or something. lol im going to master it and try it out

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
*sigh* Things like this make me want to stop playing Brawl.

Neb

Smash Lord
If this **** is accepted, tournaments are going to be complete crap.
Metaknight= Instant God Tier.

PK Hexagon

Smash Apprentice
Banning this technique is going to be extremely annoying. Mainly because all we're going to see for the next few weeks are threads with cries of hypocrisy from this being banned and not standing infinites.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Banning this technique is going to be extremely annoying. Mainly because all we're going to see for the next few weeks are threads with cries of hypocrisy from this being banned and not standing infinites.
Standing infinites are different from this, and here's why:

This technique will make the game devolve into nothing but Metaknight dittos. It'll be a game of whoever could get the first hit, and then stall for the rest of the 7 minutes. For many people, this'll mean stalling until their opponent messes up his stall, hitting him, and then stall again. For people who don't mess up, it'll be 7 minutes of absolutely nothing. This'll make the game extremely boring, don't you think? You have 2 choices in this situation: remove the technique, or remove the character. If we remove the technique, Metaknight is still really good, but by no means unbeatable, so there's no reason to ban Metaknight when we could just remove the broken tactic.

The standing infinites means that there are 5 characters who have very bad matchups with dedede and 2 characters with very bad matchups vs. Marth and Pokemon Trainer. Which means that if you play one of those 7 characters, you need to have a secondary for those matchups, unless you think you can handle not being grabbed ever. Notice how this still leaves those 7 characters useable against the other characters that can't infinite them, and that those characters with those infinites might be good overall but are certainly not free of their own bad matchups with other characters. As for the Ice climbers infinite, there are other ways to get around it. Space well, separate them and keep them separate, kill Nana early on, get them off the stage, etc. They are also not unbeatable, or we'd be seeing a lot more tournaments won by them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom