• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Visible Hitbubbles in PSA!

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
I just finished jab 1. I think I did it perfectly.

EDIT: I'm setting the timers on dash attack and I came across a problem:

Main:

Asynchronous Timer: frames=4
Offensive Collision: id=0 ...bla...bla...bla...
Asynchronous Timer: frames=9
Offensive Collision: id=0 ...bla...bla...bla...
Asynchronous Timer: frames=15
Terminate Collisions:
Asynchronous Timer: frames=39
Allow Interrupt:

This is a lot different than most moves; what should my GFX look like?
If ...
11031400 ...
11031400 ...
Asynchronous Timer: frames=14
11050100 ...
End If

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
why would you need to clear the variable without it being set in the first place?
Oh, you beat me to the response (above). I think when the game loads the character it goes through all the subactions checking for variables it needs to create. Since AppealLw comes after AppealHi it sets it. Then when the match starts EntryL or EntryR will play, clearing the variable so the bubbles don't appear.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
if bit is set
asynch 4 frames
bubble graphic
asynch 8 frames
clear graphic
asynch 9 frames
bubble graphic
asynch 14 frames
clear graphic
else
end if
If ...
11031400 ...
11031400 ...
Asynchronous Timer: frames=14
11050100 ...
End If
Thanks both of you.

...and everything that was in the GFX originally goes between Else and End if correct?

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
The final thing that i'm concerned with the asynchronous timers and the synchronous timers.

Can somebody explain them to be in more detail? Like what if I only have sync or vise versa? Do I still subtract?

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Can anyone see what I did wrong with the first hit of Falco's jab?

Also, for the line under the timer, should that be a value? The guide in post 45 doesn't really say.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Oh, you beat me to the response (above). I think when the game loads the character it goes through all the subactions checking for variables it needs to create. Since AppealLw comes after AppealHi it sets it. Then when the match starts EntryL or EntryR will play, clearing the variable so the bubbles don't appear.
nope, it isnt set at all until you dtaunt

Thanks both of you.

...and everything that was in the GFX originally goes between Else and End if correct?
yes. note that you do want to clear the first bubble graphic a frame before you introduce the second

The final thing that i'm concerned with the asynchronous timers and the synchronous timers.

Can somebody explain them to be in more detail? Like what if I only have sync or vise versa? Do I still subtract?
asynch counts from 0
synch counts from the previous timer

for instance, if you have:

asynch timer 2 frames
asynch timer 7 frames
synch timer 5 frames
synch timer 3 fraems

whats under synch will show up at 7+5 = 12 frames, and 7+5+3 = 15 frames, so the above is exactly teh same as

asynch timer 2 frames
asynch timer 7 frames
asynch timer 12 frames
asynch timer 15 frames

I need to get other pac. character files.
To where do I go?
meowmix character effects. google it.

Can anyone see what I did wrong with the first hit of Falco's jab?

Also, for the line under the timer, should that be a value? The guide in post 45 doesn't really say.
several things:
the bones are 1d and 1c, not 1d0000 and 1c0000
parameter 12 of the 3rd bubble is supposed to be 1c, not 1d
you forgot the sizes of all the bubbles

should what be a value? you have the graphic clear line correct if thats what youre asking

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
All that gave me was textures.
I want the actual character data. That way I can edit it and add hit bubble's.

Someone gave me a link to get them.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
:( I think the main tab for Falco's first jab might be wrong. It's showing the X- and Y- offsets as 0 for all three lines. Might my .pac just be wrong?

Edit: fixed!

^:laugh: That is the best error I've seen so far.

I had a question. Could this same application of glowing effect be applied to hurtboxes?

InnocentRoad

Smash Cadet
e.g. Set Loop n times

Main:
Asynch Timer: 5
Set Loop 5 times
Offensive Collision:
Synch Timer: 2
Terminate Collisions:
Synch Timer: 3
Execute Loop:
Offensive Collision:
Terminate Collisions:

GFX
If ...
Set Loop 5 times
11031400:
Synch Timer: 1
11050100:
Synch Timer: 4
Execute Loop:
11031400:
11050100:
Else:
End If:

WaterTails

Smash Lord
What do we do for moves with weird timers, for instance Falco's jab combo?

Code:
terminate collisions:
Async Timer: 7 frames
Bit Variable set: RA-bit[20] = true
async timer: 9 frames
Bit variable set: RA-Bit[16] = true
async timer: 18 frames
allow interrupt:
Also, what do you do if the only thing in the "main" tab is "Goto 0x00012328"

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
e.g. Set Loop n times

Main:
Set Loop 5 times
Offensive Collision:
Terminate Collisions:
Synch Timer: 3
Execute Loop:
Offensive Collision:
Terminate Collisions:

GFX
If ...
Set Loop 5 times
11031400:
11050100:
Synch Timer: 4
Execute Loop:
11031400:
11050100:
Else:
End If:
Thanks for the explanation InnocentRoad. I'll probobly be able to fix those timers.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
nope, it isnt set at all until you dtaunt
Okay. I must be doing something wrong. When I enter a match, the entry plays which clears the variable and the hit bubbles don't show until after I down taunt. If I go into training mode, the entry animation doesn't play and the variable is already set - when I attack the bubbles show up. But when I enter training mode with metaknight (InnocentRoad's pac applied), the bubbles don't show until I down taunt. I can't figure out what I did different from him. Why is the variable already set?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Okay. I must be doing something wrong. When I enter a match, the entry played which clears the variable and the hit bubbles don't show until after I down taunt. If I go into training mode, the entry animation doesn't play and the variable is already set - when I attack the bubbles show up. But when I enter training mode with metaknight (InnocentRoad's pac applied), the bubbles don't show until I down taunt. I can't figure out what I did different from him. Why is the variable already set?
Either InnocentRoad put in some code to make the variable false even without the entry animation, or Metaknight's default value for the variable being used is false.

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
Is there a way to make the graphic bubble be a different color? Just asking for general PSA use, although relevant to this topic it could also be cool to make sweetspot hitboxes different colors than regular ones.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Okay. I must be doing something wrong. When I enter a match, the entry plays which clears the variable and the hit bubbles don't show until after I down taunt. If I go into training mode, the entry animation doesn't play and the variable is already set - when I attack the bubbles show up. But when I enter training mode with metaknight (InnocentRoad's pac applied), the bubbles don't show until I down taunt. I can't figure out what I did different from him. Why is the variable already set?
well...my kirby pac acts the same as innocentroad's mk, so i dont know what youre doing...

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Is there a way to make the graphic bubble be a different color? Just asking for general PSA use, although relevant to this topic it could also be cool to make sweetspot hitboxes different colors than regular ones.
You can use another effect and it will have a different color.

bigman40

Smash Master
Anyone know of a way to find Yoshi's bones in his tilts? Eternal Yoshi and I attempted doing them before and the hitboxes are completely off compared to what it should be.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Anyone know of a way to find Yoshi's bones in his tilts? Eternal Yoshi and I attempted doing them before and the hitboxes are completely off compared to what it should be.
Directional F-tilts are difficult. The same thing happens with Jigglypuff's.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
I find gif animations to be the most helpful in 1x speed. That way if you want to analyze it further, you can just split the gif in to jpgs yourslef and advance at the speed of your choice (without having to delete all of the extra frames that a slowed-down gif produces). Or, if the poster wants to be nice, include a .zip with jpgs organized by folder and labeled by frame. That's probably asking too much, though.

:p

Sliq

Smash Master
I didn't edit the gifs at all, they happened to slow down on playback somehow.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Does anyone have an explanation?
Where did the value 06000D00 come from?

Hmm.... I found Yoshi's super dragon fireball parameters with this.
I'll try to find his egg.

Awesome. I found the parmeters for Ground Pound stars, Yoshi's Egg Explosion, The FS Fireball and the hitboxes for Ground Pound's stars.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
....OK the glowing Yellow orbs aren't showing up on the Egg toss explosion I set it to show up.

I'll wait for an explanation of how it works.

Top Bottom