• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Viridi immortalized as a mii costume! Great job everyone!

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
added.

we now have 30. neat

and go ahead. although using one of N3on's support things is probably better than the one I made but if you prefer the old look go ahead.

search bar is top right. if on mobile the magnifying glass may be obscured by the smashboards logo but it is there.

I meant to update OP like a 2 weeks ago but life has been obnoxious so it has been put off. oh well
YAY 30!!

Who's N3on? :confused:

Oh, I know that, I was just wondering if they still had the same search threads feature they had here years ago... it was alot better imo; this new one is odd.

It's cool, I'm just glad a thread like this even exists!
I'll keep it bumped with cute pics and etc. here and there~

I havent seen this pic posted here yet, and I've always really liked it:

those letters say PO-YO~ which is some kinda plushy sound effect :laugh:

YAY 30!!

Oh, I know that, I was just wondering if they still had the same search threads feature they had here years ago... it was alot better imo; this new one is odd.

n3on is a super cool member who has been here for a while. made the things in my sig.

Ill take free bumps. just try not to spam :p

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
ive been holding off at it for so long :x

i even had it planned what i wanted at some point but i didnt have the time to do it. really should have written it down lol.

criticism is fully appreciated though. go ahead if you want.
I'll let you know my thoughts when I have time to organise them.

I will also happily comb through it to fix any issues with formatting, grammar, spelling and punctuation, of course. I love that kind of thing~ >w<

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
n3on is a super cool member who has been here for a while. made the things in my sig.

Ill take free bumps. just try not to spam :p
Oh sweet! @N3ON
there! that should link me to him...

Nah. I wouldnt do that ^^'
I'll try and come with something constructive each time...

I feel like Viridi really has a decent chance, with Sakurai also being behind Kid Icarus Uprising and all-
if not for future DLC, atleast for Smash 5 am I right?

I just think Viridi needs some more spotlight, and maybe she can catch up to the other popular characters come October once people see how cool she is! :D :D

Last edited:
Oh sweet! @N3ON
there! that should link me to him...

Nah. I wouldnt do that ^^'
I'll try and come with something constructive each time...

I feel like Viridi really has a decent chance, with Sakurai also being behind Kid Icarus Uprising and all-
if not for future DLC, atleast for Smash 5 am I right?

I just think Viridi needs some more spotlight, and maybe she can catch up to the other popular characters come October once people see how cool she is! :D :D
well high to neon now that you have been tagged :smirk:

smash DLC? no. There is already a lot of backlash over KI representation and the fact that Viridi wasnt even visible in her battle makes her very awkward and basically impossible as DLC.

as for Smash 5 if she has a decent role in a potential Uprising 2 she would at least have a shot instead of being impossible again.

as for people seeing how cool she is as she really only has her snarkiness which can only be experienced through gameplay :p

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I think it's upsetting that content should be divvied up based on "reps" and by series.

If Viridi wasn't a Kid Icarus character, and if she were being judged based on her own merits, she would be a very good choice to include as a playable character. The fact that she's from an "over-repped" series and there's an atmosphere of insensitivity towards Sakurai for ostensibly favouring his own creations seems to stymie her chances right now.

At least we have a potential Uprising 2 to look forward to.

And our beloved Goddess of Destruction Nature gets her time in the limelight in this game, which is something to be thankful for.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
well high to neon now that you have been tagged :smirk:

smash DLC? no. There is already a lot of backlash over KI representation and the fact that Viridi wasnt even visible in her battle makes her very awkward and basically impossible as DLC.

as for Smash 5 if she has a decent role in a potential Uprising 2 she would at least have a shot instead of being impossible again.

as for people seeing how cool she is as she really only has her snarkiness which can only be experienced through gameplay :p
She should be a playable charcater in KI: Uprising 2 if there is one; the way her and Pit talk about all the weapons she's very knowledgable and ithink she's had experience using them too!

Also I love the way they break the 4th wall in KI. If Viridi ever becomes in Smash she would be the "DeadPool" of smash characters don't you think? ;3

@ Wintropy Wintropy I agree! :chuckle:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I like how Viridi hijacks Palutena's Guidances, having her with an expanded role would only embellish her snarky input.

I think it's upsetting that content should be divvied up based on "reps" and by series.

If Viridi wasn't a Kid Icarus character, and if she were being judged based on her own merits, she would be a very good choice to include as a playable character. The fact that she's from an "over-repped" series and there's an atmosphere of insensitivity towards Sakurai for ostensibly favouring his own creations seems to stymie her chances right now.

At least we have a potential Uprising 2 to look forward to.

And our beloved Goddess of Destruction Nature gets her time in the limelight in this game, which is something to be thankful for.
im assuming you know by now how much I hate repping by now but it does hold some merit. whether I like it or not it does make sense for there to be some form of balance of franchise to keep it an all star smashing good time. TBH a part of me would be a little mad Viridi is playable when so many other more popular characters are more popular and more important to gaming but you wont see me complaining TOO much.

I think not being visible during her fight with Hades would be a very large hurdle as well. blegh

I really hope sakurai goes back on his word just like he always does for an uprising 2 but I have conditioned myself to believe the franchise is over so i cant be dissapointed.

The good news is that she is getting a huge amount of publicity from Reset bomb forest and the guidances. there is always a seed of hope to be found.
She should be a playable charcater in KI: Uprising 2 if there is one; the way her and Pit talk about all the weapons she's very knowledgable and ithink she's had experience using them too!

Also I love the way they break the 4th wall in KI. If Viridi ever becomes in Smash she would be the "DeadPool" of smash characters don't you think? ;3

@ Wintropy Wintropy I agree! :chuckle:
saying it again.

flying part it's palutena firing from her staff and using wings

viridi on land with her scythe.

it would be perfect

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
im assuming you know by now how much I hate repping by now but it does hold some merit. whether I like it or not it does make sense for there to be some form of balance of franchise to keep it an all star smashing good time. TBH a part of me would be a little mad Viridi is playable when so many other more popular characters are more popular and more important to gaming but you wont see me complaining TOO much.
Oh, don't get me wrong, it does hold merit and it's a thing for a reason. In a game like Smash, a celebration of Nintendo's extended canon, it's a necessary evil to ensure inter-series balance and a diverse roster.

If it was a fighter based purely on Kid Icarus canon or the characters were chosen purely based on their own merits rather than representing long-established series, then all I'm saying is Viridi has a lot of individual merits. From an unbiased and impartial perspective, a snarky loli goddess with a giant scythe and organic nukes is a pretty cool concept.

Nah... Pit's her whipping boy:

No way she can be tsundere for him right...?

@ Wintropy Wintropy Smash needs moar loli :3 :3
Just making sure but you have seen the hidden dialogue in chapter 16 right? Takimg the left grind rail near the end. I know a lot of people who missed such glory

I love that 2nd pic so much and would use it as an avi if it fit.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Just making sure but you have seen the hidden dialogue in chapter 16 right? Takimg the left grind rail near the end. I know a lot of people who missed such glory

I love that 2nd pic so much and would use it as an avi if it fit.
Yeah I've seen it; missed it the first time thru the game though. Thankies youtube! :b:

It's a sweet little pic isnt it? They make the cutest wittle couple, but I don't necessarily ship them hardcore or anything; but it's good fun :b:

Duckus6

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3566-1606-9357
So I was just browsing Smash ballot possibilities on Google and found this. After reading through most of this thread I've decided to create an account just to say that this has actually been my favourite idea for a smash ballot. Call that what you will but this seems like such a good idea and the idea's I've seen are so good that I just had to.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
So I was just browsing Smash ballot possibilities on Google and found this. After reading through most of this thread I've decided to create an account just to say that this has actually been my favourite idea for a smash ballot. Call that what you will but this seems like such a good idea and the idea's I've seen are so good that I just had to.
That's cool! ^_^
You should ask @ A Distant Demon A Distant Demon to be put up on the supporters list since you feel that strongly about it ^_^
with you I think that will make 31

And if you have any ideas for her moveset, costumes, taunts, attributes, etc. you can share them here with us! ;D

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
YAY 30!!

Kirby also says something very similiar to Poyo (more like Boyo) in the anime.

Solar Crimson

Smash Cadet
NNID
SolarCrimson
3DS FC
1504-6082-4629
Viridi already being a prominent element of the Reset Bomb Forest stage kind of throws a wrench into this. But if they wanted to, they could always have her role there be replaced by--oh, say--Arlon if she's in the match. I don't see how he wouldn't have access to launching Reset Bombs if Viridi wanted him to.

Considering how much Sakurai likes her, I'm surprised that she wasn't playable to begin with, but then again, Sakurai does try to avoid showing favoritism towards the series he's worked on in Smash.

Duckus6

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3566-1606-9357
That's cool! ^_^
You should ask @ A Distant Demon A Distant Demon to be put up on the supporters list since you feel that strongly about it ^_^
with you I think that will make 31

And if you have any ideas for her moveset, costumes, taunts, attributes, etc. you can share them here with us! ;D
Actually on the topic of taunts one of the ones I was just thinking of was something related to her staff. You know the particle effects Dark Pit has for Power of flight in SSB4/ the particles for Power of Flight when Palutena's not able to use it for Pit? Maybe those particles could be present for either one/some of her taunts and any possible particle affects related to her staff for projectiles or something. Just a thought though...

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Kirby also says something very similiar to Poyo (more like Boyo) in the anime.
huh. I guess he does now that I think about it; the "Kirby Right Back at Ya!" show am I right?

Actually on the topic of taunts one of the ones I was just thinking of was something related to her staff. You know the particle effects Dark Pit has for Power of flight in SSB4/ the particles for Power of Flight when Palutena's not able to use it for Pit? Maybe those particles could be present for either one/some of her taunts and any possible particle affects related to her staff for projectiles or something. Just a thought though...
Yeah, that would look nice. Some people like to call her staff a scythe though, and I'm not sure who's correct and who's not. It's a pretty unique weapon so it could be considered both~

Duckus6

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3566-1606-9357
Yeah, that would look nice. Some people like to call her staff a scythe though, and I'm not sure who's correct and who's not. It's a pretty unique weapon so it could be considered both~
I think it's a scythe but I'm so used to saying 'staff' with Palutena and other games it's getting me confused :psycho:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
huh. I guess he does now that I think about it; the "Kirby Right Back at Ya!" show am I right?

Correct!
I think it's a scythe but I'm so used to saying 'staff' with Palutena and other games it's getting me confused :psycho:
It's on an off. Half the time I say scythe, the other half staff.

(though I prefer the sound of staff but the look and spelling of scythe. XD)

Last edited:
On the one hand, scythes are cool and we already have a staff user

On the other if its a staff she could be a pale tuna clone. Which i would take even if it woild be a terrible fate.

I still say its a scyhthe tho

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Scythe makes sense, since the harvest would be a central focus of her domain as the Goddess of Nature. It also evokes images of clearing away the dead and rebirth through mortality, both of which have darkly amusing parallels in Viridi's genocidal ideology.

Duckus6

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3566-1606-9357
So today I was listening to the KIU OST during one of my projects at school and I after listening to the Aurum part of the OST I was thinking maybe an alternate skin could be an Aurum themed one, where Viridi's clothes match the colour scheme of the aurum and if she summons any of her minions they are aurum versions of themselves. I don't know how easy that'd be to implement though.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Aurum Viridi would be hype~

I think it'd be easy enough to implement, at least if it's just a reskin. The Aurum clones are basically just cybernetic recolours of existing enemies, should definitely work.

im not the only one that listens to the soundtrack

while aurum viridi would look nice .. .it's kind of ridiculous. No alt randomly invents something like that and it doesnt really make too much sense. I would play it. . .but it would be certainly weird. aurum colors sure but robo-viridi is just weird to me.

it doesnt help that she is very anti-aurum being the goddess of nature and how "unnatural" the aurum are.

Duckus6

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3566-1606-9357
It's also worth mentioning that all the gods/godesses that have physically been in the game have been the size of humans apart from the Underworld ones (Assuming they probably use souls to get so large) so I doubt size will be an issue for Viridi despite not being shown in the game apart from the astral projection.

Duckus6

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3566-1606-9357

while aurum viridi would look nice .. .it's kind of ridiculous. No alt randomly invents something like that and it doesnt really make too much sense. I would play it. . .but it would be certainly weird. aurum colors sure but robo-viridi is just weird to me.

it doesnt help that she is very anti-aurum being the goddess of nature and how "unnatural" the aurum are.
Do remember though some skihns are of things the character objects to (e.g. Pit and Dark Pit have alternate skins of each other)

Last edited:

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
I always thought a Kid Icarus representative (particularly Viridi) would update Palutena's Guidance to be able to talk about the DLC characters.
And I think it's a good idea to wait until ALL the DLC characters are in the eShop before the voice actors gather in again so they can do all the guidances in one piece because doing just one character in each time is kinda a waste of time.

(No response, please.)

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

I imagine it'd just recolour her outfit and minions to look more Aurum-esque, she'd still be all-natural otherwise.

And anyway, Palutena has a Medusa and Hades outfit~ ;3

I may or may not have misread the post saying she would basically be aurum . . . Now im remembering how aurum pyrhonn basically just turns blue in some places. If course that would have the same problem if being made up but a coloration would be fine.

Palutena has a viridi color too. Its the only one i use :p

You have no idea how much i want to respond to dillon's post :troll:

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I imagine it'd just recolour her outfit and minions to look more Aurum-esque, she'd still be all-natural otherwise.

And anyway, Palutena has a Medusa and Hades outfit~ ;3
Hm, there's no Hades outfit. There's Viridi, Dark Pit and Medusa, presumably Pandora... But no Hades.

HappyNagz

Smash Rookie
NNID
VSW1202
3DS FC
3179-6125-3579
Everything about this is genius! Awesome move set ideas and spectacular taunts that fit her completely; everything is just great. Kudos! Even though I find the chances to be slim, I still have a tiny spark of hope for her to make an appearance as a playable character in the near future. Considering the fact that she's already somewhat involved with the Smash franchise now, (The appearances in Palutena's Guidance naturally) it just makes me have all the more hope. Looks like we'll just have to wait patiently and see if our wishes come true. ;) I also would be mega hyped for her custom little victories towards the rest of the KI characters! :smirk: Since Viridi's a little wise one, I can foresee them being totally amusing.

Last edited:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Add me to the support list. Even though I voted for another character does NOT mean I do not have a new one for the next fighter ballot! (also, that "another character" isn't a KI character so it's not competition)

ViridianViridi

Smash Cadet
NNID
UseFieryDance
3DS FC
2277-6687-2973
Hm, there's no Hades outfit. There's Viridi, Dark Pit and Medusa, presumably Pandora... But no Hades.
Dark Pit does have an outfit that vaguely resembles Hades.

Anyway, if you couldn't tell by my username, then I'm an avid supporter for this! Count me in!

Also, I think you can add that Kirby, which was also directed by Sakurai, got the same amount of representation, but got the better treatment for the "Too many KI Reps" argument.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Dark Pit does have an outfit that vaguely resembles Hades.

Anyway, if you couldn't tell by my username, then I'm an avid supporter for this! Count me in!

Also, I think you can add that Kirby, which was also directed by Sakurai, got the same amount of representation, but got the better treatment for the "Too many KI Reps" argument.
Oh? Since when Dark Pit have a green hair outfit? :p There's no Hades outfit, either on Palutena or Dark Pit.
The Dark Dark Pit really lacks the purple color that defines hades.

Top Bottom