• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Villager's Wood Chip has true footstool combos too? [Twitter Video]

arncakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
arncakes
Looks pretty sick xD it's probably insanely hard to follow their DI but it'd still be a stylish way to get some good % either way.

Moosseff

Smash Apprentice
Geez. Imagine doing that in tourney xD if that makes people still say villager is boring to watch then idk what won't

Tommy - S.N.

http://i.imgur.com/QAKFpPF.gif <--- DAZ ME :]]]
NNID
TheTommy10200
Looks pretty sick xD it's probably insanely hard to follow their DI but it'd still be a stylish way to get some good % either way.
Yeah, I can see this being pretty hard to perform on :4yoshi:,:4jigglypuff:and :4wario2: because of their air mobility.

Last edited:

AusGremlinBoy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AussieGremlinBoy
3DS FC
1934-1768-8886
Gtranslate offers an... interesting translation.

Instant death combo of from 0% using the wood of the villagers .
If not offset to a large extent I think that it is entering a deterministic . The last of the horizontal Suma is in the direction close to the burst line because even to fly to the left to the right . Since the operation difficulty , such as the demon I think that it is almost impossible in combat . Mario die .

Volya

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheVolya
To lab it more easily, you can use the fairy bottle, it seems like it's very close to the woodchip in term of size and weight.
I can already do it consistently, but not in a real match tho lol

Nintendoge_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bwooper
3DS FC
1306-6166-5014
Gtranslate offers an... interesting translation.

Instant death combo of from 0% using the wood of the villagers .
If not offset to a large extent I think that it is entering a deterministic . The last of the horizontal Suma is in the direction close to the burst line because even to fly to the left to the right . Since the operation difficulty , such as the demon I think that it is almost impossible in combat . Mario die .
Mario die

Tommy - S.N.

NNID
TheTommy10200
To lab it more easily, you can use the fairy bottle, it seems like it's very close to the woodchip in term of size and weight.
I can already do it consistently, but not in a real match tho lol
I have been doing the exact same thing lmao.

Last edited:

arncakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
arncakes
The only thing that makes me think no one will do this is how hard the second footstool of each section of the combo is. It's really hard to follow the KB/ DI and get the footstool and then follow it again for the z-drop. It'll be fun to try to style on people with this, but I doubt it'll ever be viable in tournament.

I'd love to be wrong though. Hopefully someone figures out how to do it consistently!

Tommy - S.N.

NNID
TheTommy10200
The only thing that makes me think no one will do this is how hard the second footstool of each section of the combo is. It's really hard to follow the KB/ DI and get the footstool and then follow it again for the z-drop. It'll be fun to try to style on people with this, but I doubt it'll ever be viable in tournament.

I'd love to be wrong though. Hopefully someone figures out how to do it consistently!
Its hard to follow the whole combo through out but I think I mastered 1/4th of it that involves the nair jablock reset.

arncakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
arncakes
Its hard to follow the whole combo through out but I think I mastered 1/4th of it that involves the nair jablock reset.
Yeah I can do it on a cpu set to control, but it's so easy for people to DI the second footstool and avoid the z-drop

The Green Lanyard

Smash Rookie
What are the inputs for this? I got as far as jump -> z-drop -> footstool, but what move's being used to re-catch it before you throw it down?

EDIT: Oh, grab button again, nevermind. Is there a certain timing/spacing to re-catch it without airdodging? I have it working in 1/2 speed, but not full speed.

Last edited:

arncakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
arncakes
Tbh people kinda forgot about the combo. It's cool to do in training mode but not guaranteed on a player who knows how to hold their control stick in a direction xD

Tommy - S.N.

NNID
TheTommy10200
Tbh people kinda forgot about the combo. It's cool to do in training mode but not guaranteed on a player who knows how to hold their control stick in a direction xD
That's why you can't drop the woodchip, you have to throw it down as you follow their DI.

arncakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
arncakes
That's why you can't drop the woodchip, you have to throw it down as you follow their DI.
Following their DI is 50-50. You have to be extremely quick about it and there is not near enough time to react to DI after footstooling them. It's kinda like how you don't really see the Lucas combo after it was hyped up, but Villager's is way less doable than that one in my opinion.

If there is a guaranteed way to do it differently than the original video, it'd be insane to see it pulled off in a real match.

Top Bottom