• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Villager Combo possibilities discussion

Mark The Page

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if anyone's mentioned this, but have you noticed how many of Villager's attacks launch the opponent at 45 degrees? Aerials, dash attack, side tilt. All of these attacks are literally designed to knock the opponent into a gyroid you previously launched at a higher altitude.

My favorite is to knock the opponent offstage, launch a gyroid, run up and dash attack. The pot goes below the stage and hits the opponent upward into the gyroid you launched before, which then knocks them farther offstage. And while all of this is taking place, you have time to chase them offstage yourself, and you know exactly where they'll be when you ready your slingshot.

There is a lot to learn here.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
If i read a dash attack or grab, i can full hop lloid, fast fall dair, and the turnips will launch them into the gyroid.

Another flashy but extremely hard/lucky combo os pre launch a gyroid, grab, and throw them i to the gyroid as it starts slowing down. Incredibly difficult to time, not to mention di and air dodges.

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
https://youtu.be/0rwvNl7jTM8?t=1m12s 1:12 This is pretty neat 3 hit combo I got. potplant > gyroid > slingshot, on stage. The stage shape helped, but I've gotten this before on flat stages. The gyroid makes them shield or to try and avoid it, but the pot plant quickly hits them when they try to escape the gyroid.

Volya

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheVolya

RoyNowBoyNow

Smash Rookie
We have a new down throw that's apparently better for combos, but I haven't put in much lab time so far. Any good finds?

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
We have a new down throw that's apparently better for combos, but I haven't put in much lab time so far. Any good finds?
We have a lot of combos we thought of on the 1.0.8 patch thread. Go check that out to get some answers.

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801

Down Throw --> Perfect Pivot Up tilt?

Combo happens around 1:05, but if you want you can watch me fail at grabbing for the first stock.

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I feel that it's a bit too hard to pull off for the payoff xD I'd rather just go for dthrow nair/upair

Also, it's not a combo, but dthrow into airdodge read fsmash might take a few stocks, due to the very low KB of our current dthrow.

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
I feel that it's a bit too hard to pull off for the payoff xD I'd rather just go for dthrow nair/upair

Also, it's not a combo, but dthrow into airdodge read fsmash might take a few stocks, due to the very low KB of our current dthrow.
Perfect pivoting is pretty hard, but it just takes some practice. Ok maybe a lot of practice, but it feels so cool to be able to do it semi-consistently. Also in terms of percentage, dthrow -> pp utilt does 18%, which is better than dthrow -> ftilt/nair(15%). If nothing else, I'll do it for the oohs and aahs. :3

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Perfect pivoting is pretty hard, but it just takes some practice. Ok maybe a lot of practice, but it feels so cool to be able to do it semi-consistently. Also in terms of percentage, dthrow -> pp utilt does 18%, which is better than dthrow -> ftilt/nair(15%). If nothing else, I'll do it for the oohs and aahs. :3
I know how to perfect pivot, but if you mess up, you miss a free punish xD

And dthrow upair can do 19% damage with 3-turnip.

And while this is specific to non-floaties, dthrow into dtilt does 19% too, and doesn't require movement~

Last edited:

Pseud0

Smash Cadet
NNID
AshiChry
I've discovered something similar to ROB's ledge gyrospike. If an opponent is being pressured on the edge, and you manage to land a Lloyd rocket on them, at cetain %s it can follow up into any aerial if you chase their knockback, including dair. It's not reliable at all, but the blast from the rocket sends them diagonally forward where you can easily meet them if you follow your Lloyd. It leads into dair, which could potentially be a spike setup if you land a 3. Instead of the "Gyrospike" I call it the "Gyroidspike". Again, the spike isn't reliable but the dair is at least reliable enough to get them offstage where you can gimp them (or the dair might even kill them). It's situational, silly, and unreliable, but god damn is it satisfying to land off of a good read.

shadowdude

Smash Apprentice
One time I got down-throw to down-tilt to re-grab to down throw to three turnip spike to 2 up-airs . It was awesome

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
Sorry double post. :/

Last edited:

Kohak

Smash Apprentice
WHOA you guys still use customs? Lucky you...my region hasn't even run a single Customs On tournament and doesn't plan on it.
Hawaii is a little more tolerant. The vast majority of tournaments are non-customs, but once a blue moon we'll go back to customs

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
Hawaii is a little more tolerant. The vast majority of tournaments are non-customs, but once a blue moon we'll go back to customs
Oh Hawaii, yeah! I remember watching a Hawaiian tournament once where dkwill and Jtails attended. You guys have some crazy custom set ideas! I loved watching that tournament, which is one reason I'm so sad customs aren't the norm anymore.

Kohak

Smash Apprentice
Oh Hawaii, yeah! I remember watching a Hawaiian tournament once where dkwill and Jtails attended. You guys have some crazy custom set ideas! I loved watching that tournament, which is one reason I'm so sad customs aren't the norm anymore.
Ya man, they're actually coming back next month for a gamer expo. Max Ketchum, False, and Larry Lurr are gonna be there too. I believe we're gonna have another customs tourney since that's what the TO said back in February

Top Bottom