• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Viewtiful Joe

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Re: Holy ****

Originally posted by Eorlingas
I got annoyed on my real Joe file, since im dying to those electric things in the third world (those little circles that shoot pink electricity), so I started to play on a Kid file. Holy ****, how can you do that to this game? In twenty minuets tops, I beat Hulk Davidson, without dying once. Sure I knew all of the puzzles and how to beat the bosses, so what, times it by 3? One hour to beat both of them? Thats too simple.
Voomerangs take those yellow guards out like there's no tomorrow. And if those don't work I don't know what will...

*spoilers*

Oh, anyone unlocked the other characters that are playable?

Zero EXE

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I just beat the game on kids mode a few days ago, I will not spoil the ending, but I will say this, it's interesting, and it does have possibility for a sequal. I've almost beaten it on Adult mode, I'm on 'The Midnight Thunder Boy' beginning and I can only imagine how hard it's going to be this time around, but I think I can do it. As for secret characters, you get Silvia after beating Adult mode, I looked it up in the players guide, it says that she isn't as powerful as Joe and she takes more damage from attacks, but she is much faster than Joe is, so you can imagine how she does in slow+Mach speed mode. There are two others, but I don't know them. Captain Blue possibly? That would be weird.:crazy:

The Windwaker

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by Revolutions
Except for that Fire Leo guy (yes, I've gotten that far after one day). He's crazy hard, I gave up on him. Now I have to play through all the bosses again. I've played him so many times, I'm getting rainbow Vs on Charles the 3rd, no prob. I rock.

Fire Leo PWNED Me... I didn't even scratch him. I was thinking he would be like a regular boss.... he mutulated me!! I mean... I even had take 2, he still messed me up.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I have no clue how long the game is but if you bought Ikaruga do you really care? ;) From what GameFAQS says it seems the game is around 8 chapters. Horraw I'm more than half way done.

Second question, no the game is not repetitive or boring, the game offers new things in each level and there are many, many attacks that Joe can use, I don't even know how to do Viewtiful Forever, I accidentally do it whenever I do end up pulling it off. Ukemi is still not in my possession as well :/

Anyways, I beat Hulk Davidson last night, and Gran Bruce (on my first try, too! =D) but I was on my last life from Davidson taking so many and I had only 4 hearts left for Another Joe, I almost beat him, though.

Zero EXE: If you want to know the secret characters they are(highlight):
Captain Blue
Silvia
Alastor

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I just beat The Magnificent Five and well, if you can get through Hulk Davidson without losing too much health and lives, you're set.

The secret with Davidson is to slow, zoom, and kick until you break his axe. Once you break his axe mach speed is the ability you'll want to use and punch the living crap out of him, he's most likely knock you down eventually or you'll catch on fire from the fire bombs but no matter, if you catch on fire run around in mach speed outside of the fire (Or else you'll suddenly get hurt and fly to the ground, I wondered what the heck was happening for about 5 hours and finally figured this out -_-), using mach speed also causes you to break the boxes in the background, thus, giving you health in the form of hamburgers if you need it.

It is possible to kill Bruce in a matter of 15 seconds, if you run to the very far left and go to the high point just slow down time when he approaches and hit him, now, I got lucky as he stopped to take a breather right in front of me, slow, zoom, punch for about 10 seconds and bam, he's dead. I really don't have a strategy otherwise for him ;)

Another Joe is also really easy, just use all the same tricks and make sure, absolutely sure to slow, zoom and punch him as much as you can, this will make the battle go by so much faster.

I was expecting to fight Alastor again after this but to my surprise no, Fire Leo came up. His voice is wicked cool and he himself was pretty **** easy, I only needed two tries to kill him. The strategy is simple, use mach speed and punch the rocks he lays around the track until you get your orange glow (Some call this the "On-Fire Mode" but anyways, it allows you to do fire moves AND makes it so fireballs don't hurt you, they go right through you). Now, hurry and run over to Leo and punch him with your nearly on-fire self. He'll lose his aurora and then begin to attack you regularly, mostly with a spin attack. Jump above him and towards a side, right or left and then zoom causes you to shoot downward, now at about his head start doing your Zoomed Kicks and only come out of them when you are about to lose your VFX power. Make sure you have enough to Mach Speed away though, because he can hit you and if you Mach Speed away those chances are put to a very low percent. Let your VFX powers recharge and go in for a second round of hitting, after this you should just have to repeat. Once you get Leo down into the "red zone" in his life gauge, he will gain speed and be a little more difficult to hit while he has his aurora.

I'm now on the Star Wars Spoof-type chapter called "Joe & Silvia" or maybe its vice-versa, Silvia & Joe... Oh well, I can't even get through the first room because this ****ed door is locked -_-'

This game is so awesome though, not to be blunt just because its a new release and all but I think it is my favorite GameCube game now... I haven't had this much fun with any of GameCube's other titles, even Super Smash Bros. Melee. Now, am I the only one who thinks if Joe stays exclusive to Nintendo he should be in the next Smash Bros? Joe fits perfectly as a Nintendo mascot.

Revolutions

BRoomer
BRoomer
these fields are optional but will enhance your on
The Joe in Smash Bros thing? I think you may have just started the next fanboy raving session there. But h*ll yeah, he'd pawn everybody.

I just beat the game on Kids. I'm going to start on Adult later. But man, the last two guys you fight (who I will not reveal because of spoilers) are really easy compared to Leo. But they're all a lot easier when you use Slow+Zoom and hold down Punch. It's like: BAM! you win. Especially Gran Bruce.

As far as levels, there are 5 regular stages, followed by a boss level, followed by another regular, and then two boss fights. And it's not montonous as all, provided you're not just trying to cheap your way through.

What does HMD mean? I must know.

Kid Icarus

Angel Guard
BRoomer
Originally posted by Crouching Shiek, Hidden Dragon
Now, am I the only one who thinks if Joe stays exclusive to Nintendo he should be in the next Smash Bros? Joe fits perfectly as a Nintendo mascot.
Thanks a lot you freaking idiot. I predict within a week this will be news on www.planetgamecube.com . ;)

Anyways, I still can't beat the Magnificient 5. I don't like spending more than two lives up to Gran Bruce, so it may take me a while.

And Boredom, buy Viewtiful Joe, you will love it...

Kaboom

Smash Ace
After you beat the magnificent five, and you go to the level that is Star Wars-esque (The lined up bad guys), I don't quite understand how to open the door... I know you have to power up the switches somehow... Anyone care to shed some light please? :D

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
There are places where you can get up really high in the room, Kaboom, jump off, Zoom as soon as you start falling to do that V Flame downward thingy... And use Slow, too. Keep holding slow too until it shows a little sign that changes a red light to a green light.

I. Beat. It.
Wow... This game is... Wow... The ending is... Wow... I love Capcom Production Studio 4 now...

SPOILER ABOUT ENDING OF THE GAME:
At the end of the game Captain Blue says "Joe, there are two more times where Earth will need saving." So that either means that we are going to get 2 sequels (One more for Cube and another for N5?) Or perhaps there will be one for the next handheld (Next handheld should have 3-D graphics) and one for N5. Eh, I dunno

I feel like crying... Now I need to replay the game on Adult, then V rated and then Ultra V rated! I want to play through the game as my love Alastor!

Edit: Aye, someone asked what HMD meant, it means "His Master's Dance"

Revolutions

BRoomer
BRoomer
^Those little guys are cool

Well, I don't know what 'His Master's Dance' means either. It's better than just letters though.

When you pound the switches, get to the very top and zoom when you fall. Don't slow down the first time and you should be able to get a hamburger. Then slow down.

I started Adults mode. It makes Kids look like childs-play. That's almost a pun.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Where's Alastor, MK? =(

Today was early release so I came home and played Joe and jesus, I beat it again on Kids mode (Same file so I had all my powers right from level 1) and my completion time was 2 Hours 43 Minutes 56 Seconds... Woo. When my dad gets home tonight I think I'll show him the game and start Adult mode with him, I must see how much more difficult this game gets in difficulty.

It seemed like I could actually understand what they were saying this time, too :p The background music seemed to always be louder than their voices the first time through.

Phillip Chanter

BRoomer
BRoomer
I hate Gran Bruce!

Heh, I finaly managed to get my hands on the full game (please note that I still don't own this game yet due to money troubles) and I'm more than impressed! Anywho I was playing it all day at Game Crazy before my ride came, and I did get stuck at a few places (The wine cellar had me puzzled before I knew that I could uppercut the barrel and run underneath it), and the only place in which I'm having the most troubles is with the battle against Gran Bruce!

Seriously, I didn't figure out what to do until I had my first game over, then I realised that he could be damaged by the mines, and he also healed himself constantly! Oy, Maybe when I manage to buy this game I can get him (I was constantly standing up through out the game so I wasn't relaxed), until then I can only dream about playing this game... :shyguy: :beezo:

rudy292

Not bball2012
BRoomer
Like Phil, I just rented because of money trouble but I'll buy it as soon as I get 40 bucks. I just got it today, and I'm on the beginning of Episode Four. The bosses are perhaps the most original and awesome bosses in history. Charles III, Hulk, and Bruce are awesome. I like their voices, even if I cant understand them. This game is perhaps my favorite gamecube game. Yes, even more than Metroid and Zelda.

Oh, and CSHD, I take back everything bad I said about VJ... its the best.:p

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I just beat the game on adult mode. God, this is way more of a vent then a buy. The game is definetly fun, but way way wayyyyy too short. Phil, I would suggest renting it before buying it. I got stuck on the wine cellar too.

Phillip Chanter

BRoomer
BRoomer
No offence Eorlingas but...

Uh... Eorlingas... since when did I need you to tell me what to rent or buy? I'm going to buy this game no matter what, and the shortness of the game is made up for by the replayability (Ask Cashed if you doubt me). Please remember people, I'm an expert in gaming which is a very dangerous line of work!

Besides, I got to play the game for free, which is a bonus seeing as how I like the game and didn't have to waste $5 on a rental. :shyguy: :beezo:

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Im not telling you, I was suggesting. I myself found it short, and ive been playing it today, and I dont find there to be much replay. But thats me. It was justa suggestion.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Jesus, the difficulty on Adult mode is far different than it is on Kids mode... I thought it would make just go up a little bit but this is really weird for a game in our generation. I had to retry the helicopter on the first level about 4 times until I finally got it. It also seems like the VFX meter goes down faster than it did in Kids mode. I'm only just done with Chapter 2 and I can't beat the Harrier at the end of the first part for Chapter 3. Well, he's for trying. Away I go.

Fantasia

BRoomer
BRoomer
Switch FC
SW-3476-8294-6601
YEs. Best. Game. EVER

I'm at the part where you have to fight the 5 bosses. I got lucky on all of them when I beat them the first time, so I'm afraid that they'll MURDER me.

Alastor was pretty cool. I found him insanely easy. Dunno how.

V+ Game. Get it NOW!

Arrow

BRoomer
BRoomer
Originally posted by Crouching Shiek, Hidden Dragon
Jesus, the difficulty on Adult mode is far different than it is on Kids mode... I thought it would make just go up a little bit but this is really weird for a game in our generation. I had to retry the helicopter on the first level about 4 times until I finally got it. It also seems like the VFX meter goes down faster than it did in Kids mode. I'm only just done with Chapter 2 and I can't beat the Harrier at the end of the first part for Chapter 3. Well, he's for trying. Away I go.
Agreed. I got through Kids mode with relative ease, only getting one game over (against the insanely hard Fire Leo, of course). So I started up Adult mode thinking "Hey, so I have less health... who cares? I'm good enough now that I should be able to get through the first few episodes with barely a scratch regardless." But as you said, the VFX runs out like twice as fast. I find myself morphing back to regular Joe and shouting "Henshin a go-go, baby!" almost every 10 seconds. But Kids mode definitely paid off as I'm familiar with the patterns of all the enemies and bosses. Only a couple thousand more points and I can buy the Turbo VFX Charger, which should help things dramatically.

PS - CSHD, this is kind of off topic (ok, completely off topic) but I just wanted to comment on your latest sig banner. FLCL is the weirdest show ever. EVER. That is to say nothing about whether it's good or bad... I haven't made up my mind that far yet. Just pointing out that it's weird ;)

Evil Sacrafice

Smash Journeyman
I was a MAN. I played VJ on adults mode the first time. I never tried kids mode. I was like, wtf, holy sh*ttttttttttt. I was f*cking amazed how hard the fuc*ing game was. 5 hearts, dying early into the game. Taking damage. Not enough V Time... very frustrating. Instead of quiting i kept playing... now im up to the last stage with the bosses... magnificent 5... i cant get past the f*cking rhino. Hes so much f*cking harder... thats when i gave up and started a new file in kids mode.

OMG, the difficulty gets toned down so f*cking much. I WAS LIKE :D THIS is EASY... then i was... Now i have to beat the game or else... :chuckle:

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Originally posted by Arrow
Only a couple thousand more points and I can buy the Turbo VFX Charger, which should help things dramatically.

PS - CSHD, this is kind of off topic (ok, completely off topic) but I just wanted to comment on your latest sig banner. FLCL is the weirdest show ever. EVER. That is to say nothing about whether it's good or bad... I haven't made up my mind that far yet. Just pointing out that it's weird ;)
I bought a VFX charger right after I posted that and let me say... I don't think it makes much of a difference. The VFX meter still goes down twice as fast but oh joyous day, it regards now at a regular speed instead of insanely slow. This makes me not even want to know what V Rated and Ultra V Rated are like...

That's awesome that you think FLCL is weird. Its on Adult Swim this and next week or something, you should watch the whole series, it makes way more sense each time you watch an episode over again. FLCL owns for it being so random ;) Though, the show leaves out a ton of stuff. Search it up on Google or some other search engine and it'll make the serious make more sense. ;)

Arrow

BRoomer
BRoomer
This makes me not even want to know what V Rated and Ultra V Rated are like...
Well, from what I understand, V rated is mainly tougher because there's more enemies, and they cause more damage per hit. Ultra V rated removes those skull marks that warn you about whether your enemy will attack high or low. Yeah, I don't think I'm even going to bother trying Ultra V Rated ;)

StompBrother

Smash Journeyman
After finishing Adults mode, V-Rated isn't as big a jump in difficulty as Kids to Adult was. In V-rated, enemies do double the damage and the most of the weaker enemies that were in Adults mode get replaced by more powerful ones. Expect to see a lot of the dressed in black grunts. Oh yeah, those yellow masked dudes are faster now, so you will get hit if you don't use slow when they attack or have insanely quick reflexes.

The bosses themselves remain unchanged. They aren't faster or anything new at all. They just get a longer lifebar. It's actually easier to fight the bosses rather than slogging it thru a whole level of hard enemies.

There's some reward for finsihing each difficulty. Kids give you the Viewtiful Joe "Life Is Viewtiful" music clip, and the 3 other difficuklties reward you with new characters to play as.

But it's nice to have a challenging game nowadays. Everything is so easy in this generation of consoles. This definately takes it back to the good old days of the NES, where saving wasn't even an option. Only skill will see you thru.

-StompBrother

Syterion

Smash Cadet
I too am on the last level(Joe and Silvia) and I am on Kids Mode, but my main goal in the game is to unlock Alastor, he is SO COOl. I heard that it costs VFX just to be in devil form, but his normal form he can still double jump. I don't know if he can still use VFX powers. He also has a combo where he uses his sword. I kind of hoped Alastor would have some of his boss moves, like the lightning. He was a really fun boss to fight. He was also the easiest.

P.S. You can also kill the guard electricity things with zoom jumping.

Arrow

BRoomer
BRoomer
Can anyone give me a strategy for fighting against the black ninja guys? Specifically, I'm having trouble beating the jet near the beginning of Episode 5 on Adult mode. It seems the most logical way to damage it would be to hit the black ninja guys up into it, but I am yet to figure out a way to get a target to appear on them other than by hitting another guy first to start a combo (and of course, there are no other guys when you're fighting the jet). Any tips? On Kids mode I remember I just jumped up on the jet and used slow RHOH hits to bring it down, in addition to knocking it's missiles back... but both of those methods are fairly ineffective on adult mode when your VFX meter drains so quick. So... any tips?

Phillip Chanter

BRoomer
BRoomer
I beat Gran Bruce!

It seems that the stratagie of pinning Gran in the corner, slowing time, and zooming in with the kick attack seems to have been the best stratagie of them all! Whomever mentioned it gets big props from me (oh BTW, Bruce's bite attack is worthless when you're constantly kick spinning).

Anywho... out of one situation... and into the next. I managed to get partway through the submarine but I ended up getting stuck once again. Ok, I managed to flip the entire submarine around but now I need to figure out how to get into that secound room in there, the place that I'm stuck is the area in which the giant red hot missles are being loaded, I don't know if I'm suppost to go under them or whatnot? Does anybody have any clue about how to get around that part? :shyguy: :beezo:

Arrow

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, you have to go under them. As soon as a missile is loaded, use mach speed to run to the other side before it launches (actually, I'm not sure if you have to use mach speed... but I always do to be safe). There should be some platforms you can drop through using Down+A. Then wait for another missile to load, and run back to the other side again, and keep repeating until you get to the bottom.

Now someone answer my question please!!!! It's up there somewhere^ *Not desperate*

StompBrother

Smash Journeyman
Can anyone give me a strategy for fighting against the black ninja guys? Specifically, I'm having trouble beating the jet near the beginning of Episode 5 on Adult mode. It seems the most logical way to damage it would be to hit the black ninja guys up into it, but I am yet to figure out a way to get a target to appear on them other than by hitting another guy first to start a combo (and of course, there are no other guys when you're fighting the jet). Any tips? On Kids mode I remember I just jumped up on the jet and used slow RHOH hits to bring it down, in addition to knocking it's missiles back... but both of those methods are fairly ineffective on adult mode when your VFX meter drains so quick. So... any tips?
Those black ninja dudes are a big pain. To make a targeter appear, you have to dodge four of their attacks in a row. You'll know by the warning skulls they make, just dodge the first two which are always random (hl, hh, ll, lh) but the 3rd hit will always be the opposite of 2nd hit and the 4th will be the opposite of the 3rd. After dodging the 4th move the magical target will appear. Be careful if there are two of them on each side as they can both start attacking you . If this happens jump out of it and try to isolate one of them.

Those jet fighters a big pain. Just Slow>Zoom>Kick it to death but if you want a quick kill, kick some baddies into it. when it shoots those homing missiles punch it back and Slow when it's about to hit the jet for some BIG damage with the expanded explosion. You can also kick back the machine gun fire.

-StompBrother

Syterion

Smash Cadet
When they attack, jump behind them and crouch, zoom, slow and punch. This will hit them straight up, and it might hit the harrier. That won't kill them, but doing it twice will kill the cromarty(thats their name). Another way(it won't help against the harrier, but it kills cromarties quickly) is to jump slow, red hot kick into one, bounce off, then redhot kick and add zoom, turning it into a Flaming dragon kick. It will kill them. do that 3(i think there is 3) times and you are rid of the pests. I advise killing two so you don't have to worry about the harrier spawning more. Its easy to run from one.

On another note, the easiest way to kill harriers is to jump up and SlowZ RHOH and then jump away. you can also jump on it and jump in the air when it turns to the lava. It turns away quickly, and you land back on top. It makes it really easy. You can just stay on top of the harrier the whole time.

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
Wee I just got the game yesterday!!

It's very very great, sooo much fun!

Right now I'm at the beginning of episode 7(?)(Joe and Silvia, the space theme) on kids mode

and in episode 2 on Adult.

I expect to beat the game tonight, but I'm actually very fine with the length of the game. I don't think I would have liked it if the game was twice a long(it's mentally hard to play the game as well ;) )

There's one thing though...

I can't spot R.O.B. in the intro... where exactly is it hidden? I did notice it at the space level however.

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
Well it wasn't easy(Kid mode), I had a whole lot of problems with Fire Leo espeically.

However I managed to beat him in one try on Adult, but I was really lucky as well.

I might beat Adult mode tonight.

Also one thing that really sucks is that the music video isn't in the european version! It was an unlockable that I was looking really forward to. And then we also got this yellow lame boxart.

However the game is one of the very best out on the cube.

Zero EXE

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by Metroid Killer
Also one thing that really sucks is that the music video isn't in the european version! It was an unlockable that I was looking really forward too.
Don't worry, you didn't miss much.It's OK, but it's hard to tell what they're saying most of the time.

I did find a cheap way to beat king blue too,Voomerangs in slow mode( Charge up voomerang, release, turn on slow mode, wait for it to hit him, exit slow mode, repeat.) It was the easiest way for me to beat him on adult mode, try it out.

Haha Monkey

Second Children
BRoomer
I hate fighting the black cromarties too, esp when the harrier jet is also there, so I always found the easiet method was to completely ignore them. It's very easy to just jump over their heads and keep moving from side to side on that map, and to defeat the jet I found the easiest way was to wait until it made a strafing run, and you jump down right in front of it, slow, zoom, and spin kick a bullet back right at it. That does quite a lot of dmg, and depending on the difficulty only needs to be done a few times. You just hafta make sure you jump down close to it's nose so the bullet gets hit right back into it, not from a distance. Then you can just stay in the air and ignore the cromarties till the next strafing run...
There's also ways to cheap kill half the bosses with voomerangs, so if you're playing the game on ultra v and don't care about your rankings, you can easily kill off several of them just by stocking up on voomerangs.
Charles for example, if you just head to the far right, throw a voomerang to knock him to the floor, then throw another voomerang instantly (but make sure you go into slow and zoom for the extra dmg), he'll die after the second voomerang on kids, and only needs several more even on ultra v. Gran bruce can sometimes be a pest so if you have all the moves and life pieces unlocked and are feeling lazy, spend your points again on voomerangs (esp on ultra v) and when he first moves to the bottom of the stage that's full of water, you can just continually voomerang him, even when he's about to start the long chomping attack, and it will cancel it all...
It's possible to do a similar thing even with the final form of the final boss. Boomerangs take a whole lot of the skill out, but while on ultra v I just couldn't be bothered.
8/

Revolutions

BRoomer
BRoomer
I find that the best way to take out the jets is to jump on top of them, zoom in, slow down, and hold down punch. Do this a couple times, you'll knock em out of the sky easily. It works really well all the time. If you can corner Bruce with one of those, oh man...

I admit it's the easy way out though, so if you want style and more challenge, don't overuse that like I do.

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
He's a lion, hence the name Leo ;)

As soon as the lava stones lands in front of you, use mach speed and punch the crap out of one of the stones. At one point you will have that flaming aura, and that's when you should run to Leo and start beating the crap out of him(you can only punch out Leo's fire aura when you are on fire yourself). First break his shield. And then dodge his attacks when he spins. When he stops spinning and is confused then you just... beat the crap out of him. :)

Top Bottom