• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Capture Device With Storage

glottore

Smash Rookie
I am looking to buy a video capture device for SSBM with storage capabilities. I saw that the beginner capture device thread recommended Pinnacle Video Transfer but it seems to be a discontinued product. I need a device that I can take to tournaments but it also needs to be good quality. Can anyone recommend me anything that fits this criteria? Help would be much appreciated :)

Edit: I found a good device called Avermedia C875 Live Gamer Portable but it seems to have possible issues:
1. The signal input must be component. I don't know too much about cables but most gamecubes/wiis have AV output not component so I don't know if it's possible to get a converter and how this would affect the quality/latency.
2. "The SD slot does not support anything other than FAT32 format, which means you are limited it 4GB files, which means you are limited to 33 minute clip length at 16mb data rate. Recordings longer than that split into multiple files. It inserts a blank frame at the start of every recording. So when you edit your clips together, you have a movie that jumps slightly every 33 minutes."
3. I'm not entirely sure whether this device captures 60 FPS or 30 FPS.

Last edited:

Bones0

Smash Legend
20xx Tournament Edition has replay functionality that (if I'm not mistaken) allows you to transfer matches into Dolphin on your computer in essentially perfect quality. Idk how it works, but I'd be willing to bet this method is going to be a far superior option to anything else once you get it set up if you're only trying to record and not stream or do anything else.

glottore

Smash Rookie
I live in the UK though, the PAL version could take a year or longer to arrive here. In the mean time I could use a video capture device and then just sell it when 20XX TE PAL is finally released.

Top Bottom