• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] ACSA Family Festival - Brawl & Mario Kart Tourney

bigwillyn64

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, big willy from Aussie-Nintendo here to bring some news on upcoming events.

The ACSA is a community that helps supports my local St Paul's Church and every year or 2, the ACSA arranges a Family Festival fundraiser to help support the church with this amazing event. Cultural events, foods and fun activities for the whole family. This Festival is always an amazing experience every time.

However, this year brings new events. The ACSA has asked help from regulars at the church to help out with this years event. I raised my hand to help volunteer for this year and with me being a gamer... you wont expect anything less from me =D

Myself along with A-N member SapphireMayo, will be hosting St Paul's first ever Super Smash Bros Brawl Tourney AND Mario Kart Wii Time Trail Challenge. We also managed to get support from both Gametraders and EB Games to help sponsor the event. Gametraders has donated prizes for the winners and EB Games has donated many, many Mario Hats and Tanooki Hats for those who enter =D How cool is that!!!

And all money made from this event will be going toward the St Paul Dandenong Church to help with repairs and renovations. Many thanks to Gametraders and EB Games for making these tournaments possible.

=============================

--- Super Smash Bros Brawl ---

To Entry, you must purchase a Mario Hat or Tanooki Hat on the day for just $5. Buying a hat on the day will grant you entry to both Super Smash Bros Brawl and Mario Kart Wii tournaments. The Brawl tournament will begin at about 1pm or maybe earlier depending on how many people show up.

--- RULES ---

Mode: Free-For-All
Players: 1 vs 1
(or depending on numbers)
4 player free-for-all
Stock: 3 Stock
Time: 5 Minutes
Items: ON set to None
Characters: Any
Stages: Random
Controller: Any
BYO Controller (highly recommend)

--- PLAYABLE STAGES ---

Battlefield
Final Destination
Delfino Plaza
Mario Circuit
Bridge of Eldin
Pirate Ship
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Yoshi's Island DS
Battleship Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 2
Castle Siege
Smashville
Skyworld
Shadow Moses Island
Green Hill Zone
Temple
Yoshi's Island
Jungle Japes
Corneria
Brinstar
Pokémon Stadium

--- BANNED STAGES ---

Rumble Falls
Luigi's Mansion
Mushroomy Kingdom
Spear Pillar
Port Town Aero Dive
WarioWare
Distant Planet
New Pork City
The Summit
75m
Mario Bros.
Flat Zone 2
PictoChat
Hanenbow
Onett
Rainbow Cruise
Green Greens
Big Blue
Custom Stages

The order of play will be determined by draw at the start of every round. Winner will proceed to the next round. However, losers can choose to rejoin the tournament with a spare $2 redemption. Using your redemption will bring you back into the tournament for 1 more chance. lose again and your out completely. So the longer you keep your redemption, the better off you are. This keeps going until 1 person is left standing.

The winner will be rewarded with an Awesome Trophy plus the donated prize from Gametraders =D

=============================

--- Mario Kart Wii ---

To Entry, you must purchase a Mario Hat or Tanooki Hat on the day for just $5. Buying a hat on the day will grant you entry to both Super Smash Bros Brawl and Mario Kart Wii tournaments. The Mario Kart Wii Challenge will begin straight away from opening and will carry on until 4pm.

--- RULES ---

1 Player Mode: Time Trials
Characters: Any
Vehicles: Standard Kart or Standard Bike only
Vehicle Mode: Automatic or Manual
Controller: Wii Wheel only
Track: Find out on the Day

The rules of this are simple. With your entry card, you have 2 attempts to get the best time possible on the selected track. At the end of the day, who ever gets the fastest time of the day wins. The fastest time will remain on a white board so you'll the time to beat. The track will be announced at the event, so this will make it an even playing field on the day.

again, the winner will be rewarded with an Awesome Trophy plus the donated prize from Gametraders =D

=============================​

--- Details ---

Where: 32-34 Plunkett Road, Dandenong
Day: 3rd of March 2012 (Saturday)
Time: from 11am (opening) to 6pm (closing)

NOTE: Although we have heaps of hats... they are still limited. Get there on time if you want a Hat =D

I'm posting all this information here because I would like to invite the Smash Boards Community to come join the fun at the Family Festival. Also guys, there will be plenty of other fun and games on the day too so feel free to bring your families along with you. Experience the Middle Eastern culture with food, music and entertainment. Come along and join the fun.

I hope to see you there with your 'A' game =D

Cheers and many thanks
big willy

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Might come for the lulz, I'll bring Gary along too without his choice.

Depends if I'm busy though, assuming this is on a weekend then it'll be fine.

:phone:

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Oh nice, then it should be possible to come.

Did you need setups at all? Or is everything all good for that? I'll bring some spare gc controllers as well.

bigwillyn64

Smash Cadet
Oh nice, then it should be possible to come.

Did you need setups at all? Or is everything all good for that? I'll bring some spare gc controllers as well.

We're alright. We'll have 2 projector running on the day. One for brawl and One for Mario Kart. If all goes well, 1 setup should be fine :) and If we have too, ill take down Mario Kart wii and replace it with another brawl setup during tournament time. Just bring your controllers.

srsly considering going just for the hat.
and there is plenty but be sure to get there early... just encase =D

bigwillyn64

Smash Cadet
It seems that this tourney is getting alot of attention from Aussie-Nintendo and facebook =D I think we might need more Mario and Tanooki Hats =D

bigwillyn64

Smash Cadet
Can u buy Luigi hats by any chance?? Do you sell them in the store?
It's only what EB Games donated to us. So no Luigi hats sorry :( but there is Mario Hats or Tanooki Hats. You can pick which ever one on the day.

interesting
Well, after seeing a few comments from here, Aussie-Nintendo and facebook, it looks like we will have quite a show up. Good news is that no one goes empty handed... I hope...

I hope we have enough hats that is...

earla

Smash Lord
what type of tv's will be at this?

CRT's = no lag.

and stage list?

Tomiie

Smash Apprentice
Choice of stages is terrible imo. Also, 5 minute time limit with no ledge grab limit is ridiculous.

bigwillyn64

Smash Cadet
Choice of stages is terrible imo. Also, 5 minute time limit with no ledge grab limit is ridiculous.
We believe a true brawler should be able to adapt to the flow of change... Meaning, stage effects and using the stage itself to your advantage. That's why SapphireMayo and I decided to keep a few stages in there. Some may like and some may not like. We think the stage list is perfect.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
if i print "a true warrior can adapt to any situation" would you please sign it so i can frame it and put it on my wall for inspiration

bigwillyn64

Smash Cadet
lols... I guess nothing is stopping you now Dekar :D .

It just seems to me, that's how brawl should be played. What ever the game dishes out at you... use it to your advantage. It's that simple.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
thats fine, as long as you realize that that attitude will be what makes you a joke and the laughing stock of the smash community, if you are fine with that, then by all means go ahead

bigwillyn64

Smash Cadet
thats fine, as long as you realize that that attitude will be what makes you a joke and the laughing stock of the smash community, if you are fine with that, then by all means go ahead
Hhmm??? I dont have anything against the way you guys play. If fact, I do also play on those terms too. That's why I visited Dekar's resent tourney. However, I don't let other stages like Bridge of Eldin, Pokémon Stadium 2, Green Hill and etc phase my brawling. If fact, I enjoy a twist here and there. You know what they say... Rules are made to be broken =D

So don't get me wrong, I'll play what ever rules and what ever players dishes at me and I'll enjoy it. Just don't let simple change of rules stop you from having a good time.

my previous post was 100% serious, big willy
OK then =D

Rebound

Smash Rookie
Dude as if you havent banned all characters except metaknight and made the only stage final destination?

I'm not coming anymore.

bigwillyn64

Smash Cadet
Just 1 week left to go guys =D im really looking forward to the day. So bring your 'A' Game and im sure it will be a blast =D

So get ready to brawl!!!

bigwillyn64

Smash Cadet
Well since half of the stages are playable on the day and its random. It come to what stage you have really.

and of course the character your versing too.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
How far is this church from dandenong station by walking? I was planning on grabbing the 901 frankston bus from greensborough station. Kinda looks awkward to get to via the map i saw.

bigwillyn64

Smash Cadet
How far is this church from dandenong station by walking? I was planning on grabbing the 901 frankston bus from greensborough station. Kinda looks awkward to get to via the map i saw.
About 20-25 min walk. But you can take a bus from Dandenong station, the 827 or 828 to Berwick Station Bus line. Those bus' has a stop right near the church. There is a Footy training oval like 1 min away from the church and those bus' stop right in front of it.

Hope that helps

bigwillyn64

Smash Cadet
Mmmkay then, I'll probably just catch one of those then.

Thanks =)
The bus stop is right near the edge of the turn on to Box Street. Plunkett Road is like not even a 30secs away. You should be able to see the church from the footy oval.

The church looks like this:

Top Bottom