• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] 3 Stock'd ~ Melbourne 2010 ~ Nope

C~Dog

Smash Champion
will tshirts be made for this series also? i would like one :)
Yeah I have made a few designs, they are basically available on request. Also I think i mentioned this but a to-be-determined number of top players on the ranbats will get some awesome shirts. Yaaay

C~Dog

Smash Champion
The number is one less than what would allow you to get a free shirt.

PS: GOOD LUCK FINDING MY HOUSE

Splice

Smash Hero
If 3 stock'd is fusing with Couch warriors, than why has Attila and X's tourney on the 28th been postponed?

Magnamancy

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone. :)

I was one of the new guys in the last tournament, probably introduced as
'magna' or 'jacob'... or possibly 'lol ganondorf'. :p

So yeah, finally got around to actually registering...

... 6th of March? hmm.
I'll see about getting work off, so I'm a maybe.

Oh yeah, I'm still learning everyone's names too, but I'll get them all right
eventually. :D

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Because people think it'll kill the hype for tournaments most likely. I disagree with them, but I'm not going to bother a pointless debate about it :/

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Hey Magna, good to hear from you. :D It would be awesome if you could come to the next one. =)

why 1 tournament a month?
Because Vermy and I merged with CW because it will be more beneficially since we have access to tables, tvs, and more potential players, and attila and X have postponed theirs until further notice.

earla

Smash Lord
hype?

people just want more smash.

the last few 3 stocked tournaments were quality.

chilled tournaments > meets

C~Dog

Smash Champion
hype?

people just want more smash.

the last few 3 stocked tournaments were quality.

chilled tournaments > meets
I know people want more smash. However, three tournaments will undeniably lessen the turnout of each tournament, since very few people are going to attend every one, for whatever reason.

Hence why attila has made the thread to coordinate meets so that people can get a decent amount of smash in between 3 Stock'd tourneys.

It's not just about hype, its about cost, attendance, and quality.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
heh, I preferred it that way too. xD

But meh, people think its a bad idea in the long run thus they said it'll destroy hype.

I agree with earl though, i just wanted more tourneys haha. kept me motivated to play

Nova

Banned via Warnings
At least you people HAVE tourneys.

SA JOHNS.

Yes, we do. At like 9pm at night, nowhere near my house, where nobody is really even into it. I'd rather travel to Melb/Sydney. MEH.

earla

Smash Lord
why would anyone want to travel off the melway to cdogz place for a meet as opposed to chill at abbortsford with a whole crew of people

leishy knows where its at

C~Dog

Smash Champion
why would anyone want to travel off the melway to cdogz place for a meet as opposed to chill at abbortsford with a whole crew of people

leishy knows where its at
Not sure if you even looked at the thread, but there are plenty of people other than me who can host meets.

Also, the convent costs money to rent.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
earl you realise that you guys will end up having to fork out lots per a month to rent the convent each time, if theres 3 tourneys on per month, i can garuntee you less people will turn up to each

then either people will have to pay even more per head to get in or the organizers will end up having to pay out of their own wallet, if youre keen to cover the cost of the venue each time then make your own tourneys

if you honestly think that 3 tournaments a month would work then youre overestimating the majority of the melbourne scene and getting your numbers wrong

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Anything not covered by the venue fee comes from the pot. So if less people turnup, the payout is less.

However, as a corollary, anything in excess of the venue fee can go into the pot. Just look at the difference of 1st place payouts: Jan ($45) and Feb ($66). That was the result of a few extra people showing up.

By merging with CWs, there is going to be a ****load more people entering, since people with limited time won't have to choose a tourney to go to, and there will be some people who play the other games there that will enter brawl too.

EDIT: Yes, two does work. If somebody else wants to host their own tournament series alongside ours, then I will fully support it.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Anything not covered by the venue fee comes from the pot. So if less people turnup, the payout is less.

However, as a corollary, anything in excess of the venue fee can go into the pot. Just look at the difference of 1st place payouts: Jan ($45) and Feb ($66). That was the result of a few extra people showing up.
Yep. Feb's was due SOLEY to me.
Hahahahaha. Okay no it wasn't. W/E.
Also less distance between Melee and Brawl is good imo. Sure have the occasional Brawl or Melee only ones (they will literally appeal to a small minority), but combining them both is healthier.

I
M
O

Edit: Also, I love Condog (despite his hideous character main). He keeps stats and everything. ^_^

Vermy

Smash Champion
Is Vermy gonna have to get all rage up in here? Hell, I'll call Sieg in here just to yell at peeps.

X has been a TO for over a year, and with all that's been going on he and Attila thought it best to postpone their tournament series. Nobody's saying there won't be a second tourney per month, but y'all are going to have to trust our judgement. If not, try host your own tournaments. You'll soon find out it's not an easy feat.

TL;DR: Shut up and deal with it.

Vermy has spoken.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Random thought

Vermy I never speak to you on MSN because you're on one of those "pager/phone" things.
I swear, every time I speak to someone on one of them, they rage at me.

Messages you type here are delivered to a mobile phone or pager. Learn how you can go mobile

That, it scares me into not speaking to people. :(
I'm not rude or anything.
I just hate pagers. >_>

Vermy

Smash Champion
Lol don't worry aout that bro.
I have a mobile internet package, and my msn works like a pc one does. (Except no DPs or personal messages are shown)

So speak up, it works fine. =)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Is Vermy gonna have to get all rage up in here? Hell, I'll call Sieg in here just to yell at peeps.

X has been a TO for over a year, and with all that's been going on he and Attila thought it best to postpone their tournament series. Nobody's saying there won't be a second tourney per month, but y'all are going to have to trust our judgement. If not, try host your own tournaments. You'll soon find out it's not an easy feat.

TL;DR: Shut up and deal with it.

Vermy has spoken.
Seconded, especially since this year the terms of hire with the Convent have changed. It is now more expensive to hire, and we no longer have guaranteed access to tables. The previous arrangement of tournaments that Earl is raising is now less viable, unless someone in the Smash community has the capacity to pay for additional overheads, which currently running over $600+ for furniture the Convent no longer provides with the hire.

After a year of X and Jei's Stigma series, there was no savings that could be made as insurance for the Smash Community. CW backing provides that security for everyone because it is a collection of gaming communities that are all similar, but consolidated we are able to have and do much more.

Non-TO's really don't understand the full picture behind running tournaments. As Vermy said, you do have to trust us. All of the TOs came to a reasonable conclusion for good reason.

I give utmost respect to all of them.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Infinite wubs to Cao, Woxy Lord of the TO's. <3

Its all good Siegy-kun. We got it sorted out. <3

Nicks

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I have made a few designs, they are basically available on request. Also I think i mentioned this but a to-be-determined number of top players on the ranbats will get some awesome shirts. Yaaay
connor is that just the singles ranbats or does it include doubles?
coz i want a t-shirt! lol

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
You'll soon find out it's not an easy feat.
actually its not that hard ;)

it seemed to me that you were doing fine numbers wise with more then 1 tourney a month before, you say having more drops attendance, but does it really?

the only real problem here that I see, is that the place you hire out costs and arm and a leg, surely theres a better place out there to be used?

tibs7

Smash Champion
yeah they said 2 is fine but not 3....... That's way to many.
but by putting melée and brawl together will barely increase brawl attendance, all the melée guys dispose the game. So by merging we are helping gc smash which is fine I guess. We should call it 'revival of melee' :)

Top Bottom