• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] 3 Stock'd ~ Melbourne 2010 ~ Nope

earla

Smash Lord
cheers for the games everyone i played. much enjoyed.

pleasure to meet the new people, i do hope to see you all again. take care.

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
I don't have many shoutouts for Brawl players =/

Attlia: I was there =P, it's just I was either playing Street Fighter 3 or preoccupied with other issues. You were playing matches every time I was walking around too =P. I'll be sure to hang out with you next monthly, or at non-smash events if there is one =) Wubs <3

Tibs: Ugh so many people that I didn't get to hang out with =/. Same with Attila I was playing SF3 or handling other things. I'll talk with you next time for sure =)

Vermy: Good to see you, you seemed busy so I didn't get to talk so much. I'm getting Pokemon Black or White just for that Pidgeot evolution now, I blame you for that =P

Also I'm taking next month off for smash (I would for longer but Robocop is coming up) due to 1) Me not having any interest in the results of matches whatsoever now 2) Not having any desire to improve at the game 3) People being really obvious about not wanting to play me (possibly due to 2). I'll still be around at the monthly for Street Fighter 3S and wanting to give people wubs <3

Vermy

Smash Champion
Shoutouts:

Earl: GGs in pools, ***** the sh** out of my Falco, but I really need to learn to try not to rush down Marth, he's so good at closing space. Seemed to do MUCH better with Charizard, but I boil that down to your inexperience with the matchup. I am proud of playing as Squirtle and not getting grabbed ^_^
Jei: Great to see you, champ. Eily is in love with Tahlia, I swear if she gets baby fever, I'm coming for you.
Splice: SOUNDWAAAAAVE 2011!!!! Get hype, bro. Eily and I will protect you in the metal moshpits. ;)
Nicks: Initially I was really iffy about playing you in pools, in the past you've really given me some trouble. ;) Then I realised it was because I played a sh** character. Game glitched pretty hard in game 1, but no johns from me, the better player won. I've been trying to play more patiently, especially with Falco, and learned from my mistakes by game 2. GGs, look forward to more games, matches with you wee probably the most fun I had all day.
C~Dog: We ran this great. Best tourney we've run all year, and for once I actually did work. Although no one seems to acknowledge that I do. =_=
Tanman: Great to see you again, man. Sorry we didn't get any matches in SSFIV or SMash, was pretty busy most of the time.
Viva: So proud. How proud?

Timic: I am disappoint. Dude. From a focus attack crumple you GRAB? WTF. A pisspoor 140 damage in comparison to over 200 you would have gotten from a st.hp to hp galactic tornado. Have you even seen Justin Wong play?! And you chose T hawk against Blanka. 80:20 MATCHUP AGAINST YOU, NOOB. It's the ONLY impossible match up in the game. =_= Would have been better off playing as Rufus and just switching ultra to punish the jump ins. *shakes head*
Vermy: Get better, bro.
Dekar: You're the sex.
Raik: Your Ike did a few unexpected things, I see some potential there, hope to see you at future tournaments. GGs.
Tak: This motherf***er is baaaaaadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasss. You know you want him. <3

Cao: WUUUUUUBSSSSS. =) We will need to plan out this pre-RC night out soon. Welcome home. =D
Ashley: Was good to see you and David home safe and sound. You and Eily seemed to get along well, chuckling at the ridiculous things that she did to Pokemon Pearl XD
Newbies: Good to see some new faces, hope to see you all again, revival is a beautiful thing.
Eily: I love you, don't ever change. <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Afropony

Smash Lord
Norfair's fine. Actually I thought all the stages were 'managable' except Green Greens. We found out last year why that should be banned. But in general I agree with going up to the part two of the 3.1 ruleset's recommended counterpick stage list.
And Port Town Aero Dive, that stage is the worst. Ever.

Will we go back to doubles first next tournament?

redrighthand

Smash Apprentice
redrighthand: you're a legend good meeting you and seeing you play. ill watch you more next time and tell you what to do, its what i do best <3 lol.

<3 melbourne smash.
Yeah nice meeting you man; cheers for the offer. Love to learn and scrub on my nanas :D

I'll definitely be back next time and hopefully after the positive responses (Jei, your a legend) my bro (McGuy) and his friend (Ben) will be back next time too.

EDIT: Fail, my brother is one of the main/supporting leads in his school production and Sept 4th is closing night. SRSLY. :(

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I definately vs'd Attila first round of singles, and in pools. Was horrible apart from the fact that a' is such an awesome guy. Which incidently reminds me now that I'm a bit more awake that the reason I don't DK CP your Snake is because then I have to deal with the Falco CP, so either way the Sonic has to step it up and beat the guy sooner or later.

@ everyone else, apologies for my poor mood most of the day, was pretty tired and cranky at times, but people put up with me, which was good. <3 Khoa for doing so, though you still need to teach me 'nanas. And to beat you again =P

Shoutouts!

Dean: Thanks for the friendlies, helped warm me up a little. I underestimated you chap, but I definately reckon I woulda taken you in my prime. Definately deserved to get out of pools more than me though. Definately too many definatelys in that shoutout.

Viva: Well, you didn't win like I said you would BUT you came **** close. Amazing job, told you you were that awesome =)

Jei: It's always so tight in our matches - Though i think you had me pretty worked out this time. We'll see how we go next time we play.

Khoa: Again, sorry I was such a let down, was a bit flat all day =(. You dealt with it well though. Grats on tourny placing again too.

New guys: Nice to see fresh people on the scene, you were all pretty cool. Normally I'm more chatty, but like I said, was in a bad mood. I'll make the effort next time, honest.

Afro: We'll destroy melee teams next time. Just sandbagging a bit.

Dekar: In the case of myself, I deal with G&W way worse than Marth. Pro Tip - Don't take Sonic to Yoshi's Island. Got your revenge in doubles though, although the bucket didn't seem to be doing too much for you =P

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Are you a shaya certified champ?

how can the guy who's pretty much the opposite of champiness (attila) recognise champ qualities on others?
this paradox is insaneeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
nah its simple viva, ignore shaya and listern to luke.

the path to ultimate victory lies on the road of hate and judgement

C~Dog

Smash Champion
how can the guy who's pretty much the opposite of champiness (attila) recognise champ qualities on others?
this paradox is insaneeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
The irony of course is that Shaya is himself the opposite of a champ.

ViVa

Smash Ace
So basically I have three options atm.

Hate Diddy's fair and be a champ in the eyes of Shaya.

Don't hate Diddy's fair and be a champ in the eyes of Tibs.

Hating anything and everything and be a champ in the eyes of Luke.

wtf do I choose man?

C~Dog

Smash Champion
So basically I have three options atm.

Hate Diddy's fair and be a champ in the eyes of Shaya.

Don't hate Diddy's fair and be a champ in the eyes of Tibs.

Hating anything and everything and be a champ in the eyes of Luke.

wtf do I choose man?
Why are you want the approval of these scrubs lololol

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
viva the choice makes itself.

shaya is a weak skinny vegatarian and is also the worst ganon in the world (also will steal all your money)

tibs refuses to bro fist to high five and is a closet nerd (no self confidence)

luke maintains a peaceful smash community through the use of an iron fist, remember that guy atlas who was ruining your community, who solved that problem again? (he also has a luigi controller, single handedly created the greatest smash scene in the world, and can count to 7)

Splice

Smash Hero
acknowledge norfair as your home ground and you'll be the biggest champ of all.
See Viva, take this offer;

Accept Norfair as your homeground and you will be a champ in the eyes of not just Attila, but myself as well.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
The irony of course is that Shaya is himself the opposite of a champ.
Sorry, but you obviously are referring to the wrong definition of champ.
I'm a selective champ though, mostly to other champs. everyone else I'm an anti-champ.

Oh and I'm a champ around tibs, because I'm hoping one day he'll realise how to become a champ through example.
Twice the champ should work... eventually.

earla

Smash Lord
a'

yeah, lets smash at 7 pm? when battle/moon pass starts.

i can bring melee/brawl but cannot bring a wii.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
EARLiest i'd get there is 7:30. coming straight from aths training, so if it's raining, i can't bring a wii either. pretty sure khoa wants in...

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
thursday night? i don't see any reason why i can't make it. make note of this in the n2c/social thread plz :)

tibs7

Smash Champion
Oh and I'm a champ around tibs, because I'm hoping one day he'll realise how to become a champ through example.
Twice the champ should work... eventually.
twice the champ? Don't tell me you're refering to Attila as the other one >.>. He's probs the biggest loser I know....
But yes Shaya is a champ.

And Luke why are you calling me closet? That teds thing that he made up.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
nah it came from me orginally tibs
I always call you closet.
you better not be pulling a timic on me

tibs7

Smash Champion
Haha yeah i know it is, I expected to react a little better though :(

pulling a timic?

Aggromidget

Smash Apprentice
bump

ok. just putting this on as no one else has... yet.
peoples are going to n2c thursday 12th august (2010) starting at about 7.30, cos there's apparently a battlepass. however, i'm not sure if the battlepass is still valid. still worth a shot though.
anyway peoples attending:
1. jei (will come, may be late)
2. nicks (will come at 8-8.30)
3. cao
4. schmot (i think this is atilla, correct me if i'm wrong and i'll apologise)
5 earla
6. me (75% sure. will bring wii + melee. can't bring brawl cos lost it. if someone has my brawl disc, please return it and i'll love you for an unspecified period of time. has a few ike replays... )

please add more if i've forgotten anyone

edit: please put all replies to the n2c thread
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=237706&page=82

Top Bottom