• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] 2011 CouchWarriors - 12th Nov - The Hive, Box Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splice

Smash Hero
How did you get lost once you were already at the venue?

You got into the building right? Did you see other people?

It won't be moved again.

kupo

Smash Lord
Oh darn, Clayton Monash is so close to my place! Shame I was all the way in Ascot Vale! :(

*Marks the next Monthly date on phone*

Siiiiiigh!

Dreamrend

Smash Rookie
We were confused because we didn't know if we were at the right place or if the tourney had started already or if it was too late to go...
Were were just real confused is all, bu if you say the venue won't be changed again then we'll gladly go to the next one =D

Btw, why did the venue get changed in the first place?

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Wow, Grats Splice on 1st. You're on fire.

GGs to those I've played. Most notably:

Jei: Wow, you're getting better much faster than I expected. Exceptional player. Keep it up.

Earl: Your Melee game is constantly improving. The matches we had today could have gone either way. GG.

Redact: Controller Johns.

Dekar: Screaming Johns.

Dean: Dammit, I was too tired at the end of the day to talk to you more. I'll catch up with you next time. Also, team next tournament?
Saltiest/trashiest post ever incoming:

like it how i 3-0'd you with my controller toshi?

John that, maybe when you can actually take a game off me with my controller you can start calling my johns.

Dreamrend:

I advise you check the first post before next event. Theres my phone number along with directions to each event (or a link to a website with directions in this case). I didn't miss a call from yourself at the event so I'm not too sure what effort you put in to get there.

I can't guarantee that the next event will be at the hive or at any particular place for sure right now, another oppurtunity to have couchwarriors infront of 1000 people might arise again thus plans could change.

I'd love to have you there, but tbh I find it a little insulting that you call the event a "giant kick in the balls" when you fail to follow any particular directions given to you in the first post. We didn't have anyone else miss the event by being lost despite none of us ever being there before.

Please read the first post before the next event, I don't see how changing to the hive or any particular place will help if you can't read the first post.

At least ask for help before slamming an event.

All in all: I had fun running the event despite the ****fest it started out as. Any future events with CGBC if any will be much more organized as now the people that organize CGBC know what sort of area/setup CW need.

I'll get the brackets up tonight when I get home, someone should remind me though.

Dreamrend

Smash Rookie
Haha, nah, we didn't mean the event was "A giant kick in the balls", just our trip, haha, sorry.

Glad though that you're sure that the next event will be more organized, I'm kinda bummed out I missed out on the 9'th... =/

See you next month... hopefully! =D

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i agree that next year cw should do this again, with better, earlier planning and cooperation with cgbc the entrants for smash would skyrocket. also we'd be better prepared to advertise the smash community and couch warriors.
i think because it was only arranged last minute the monthly suffered. will be better if there's a next time.

brawl shoutouts:
nicks - my coach! i guess dean will have to take over... but he can't coach me in melee... or can he?
toshiba - i am better than you
jei - i am better than you
so technically i got third in brawl, should be 5th on vic pr, it's all a conspiracy

melee shououts:
pcg - you ****. go to next level with jiggs, more pressure
earl - apart from splice you played very well! promising! 4th, yeah?
timic - stop shielding against tak and play like a boss again
joey - top 3 next monthly please, coz you can

em - omg hype

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Jei: good job man, getting over those personal hurdles... and stuff. But you know I ain't gonna lose next time, right? :p

Toshi: jeez man you're so good, like way beyond my level. Maybe it's time to bring the Marth out of retirement :o I don't know why you'd want to team with a scrub like me but yeah sure... if I turn up.

Timic: good job counterpicking me to one of your worse stages? You're pretty cool.

Xavier: in the rare chance you read this, hi.

Dylan: I'll get you your controller back. You're pretty good at Brawl.

Dekar: how'd you lose to Toshi in Brawl? Scrub.

Joey: hi

ViVa: come next time! >.>

Haydino: where are you?

Splice: good job winning. Maybe you won't quit if you win Reloaded!? :o

Santa: cool friendlies.

BJ: got some cool moves for a novice. 3-way Ganon battles are fun.

Nicks: thanks for helping with the TV. I don't know about you but I woke up on Sunday my arms were full-on aching -_-

There's a few Brawl videos here if you're desperate enough: http://www.youtube.com/user/Dean7599#grid/user/269AD75F311288DE
I'll try to get the rest up.
Should I put videos on MelbourneBrawl in the future? What's the password for that?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
dayum dean nice work, and so quick!

while i remember, i'm missing a couple of controllers from jei's meet
- one blue n64 controller (labeled with "moore" on the end)
- one unmarked white gamecube controller

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
Thanks Dean for the videos.

I reckon we should use MelbourneBrawl. There's no reason not to.

Splice

Smash Hero
that spike i had on earl at n2c would be neat dean ;)

When you run out of other vids of course
And fun alternative things to do of course
no rush :)

<3

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Lol thanks dude.
You hear that everone? Orgasmic.

Even better, I have a new tattoo. It's nintendo related and you all suck.

:phone:

Splice

Smash Hero
My gig at the espy went really well and I had a lot of fun. Might upload a youtube video of one or two songs.

But none of you guys came. :(

Splice

Smash Hero
Brawl should have same CPs as Reloaded imo

But do not put FD in as a starter @__@

Euro ruleset for melee rocks jocks yeee

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Kongo more neutral than Fod and FD. Kongo replaces both. so technically the stage listing is:

Battlefield
Yoshis story
DL64
Kongo
Kongo

Pk stadium
Kongo

Also note: the characters that do best on kongo are fox/falco, dunno why he's cheering lol

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
If I decide to come, people should bring pokes :3.

This will be august 6th right? Wanted to know asap since I need to N/a the day from work. They might decide to be ******** and put me on.

Btw, do the chelsea or frankston smart buses come past the venue at all? Just was wondering.

Splice

Smash Hero
ay deewww lurv mah faive nu-tral and wurn ceepeemeelee

c u in a fortnight

Doomshader1

Smash Rookie
so im new to the forums and what not. Just wondering how do i enter for the tournament on the 6th august at box hill? would love to come and join in!

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Hey there newcomer :3.

To enter the tournaments, you simply come on the day and we start registration sometime around 12ish. So make sure you arrive a bit before then. If you're wanting to get some practice in before the tournament starts, you should arrive at 11 to 11:30ish. Hope this helps!

We're starting at 12 right guys? I just read what it said on the front page lol.

Splice

Smash Hero
STEPS TO ENTERING A TOURNAMENT

First of, remember it is appreciated if you can bring your own Gamecube controller and Console. But it is not necessary, so do not worry. Don't forget to bring money though, $20 should cover everything including food but bring more to be safe.

Serious stuff now;

STEP 1:
Find a way to get to this place : "The Hive 710 Station Street Box Hill Vic 3128"

STEP 2:
Get to that place at around 11:45 on the 6th of August

STEP 3:
Wait around for a little bit for more people to turn up as the equipment gets set up. Then you can play warm up games and stuff in the morning.

STEP 4:
Try to keep an ear out for when registration starts. When it does, you go to pay your money, and it will be easy from there and you can ask questions in person anyway.

Good luck, I hope to see you there.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
First of, remember it is appreciated if you can bring your own Gamecube controller and Console. But it is not necessary, so do not worry.
Actually it IS necessary to bring your own controller...

Dekar289

Smash Hero
people borrow money too
bring a controller
also, brawlers, bring wiis+brawl, 2 setups is not enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom