• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] 2011 CouchWarriors - 12th Nov - The Hive, Box Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hermit=D

Smash Apprentice
Shame I had to leave early, had a good time though.

I only got to play doubles, and Redact, i've played you frist twice in a row now!!!! QQ

Timic83

Smash Ace
Moorabbin/Hampton East, Melbourne, Australia
ggs yay

stuff
viva: lol im the best arouuund at brawl
dekar: i own you at melee i shoulve won
toshi: where is 2012 toshi we need him
nicks: stop playing gay it isnt working
sessa: ur full legit bro
guys i played teams with: knee, and 6 rests
redact: your amazing better than dekar and stuff
brawl: all your characters are equally appealing, no-one likes this game anyway because finals are always best of 1 and ****ty, i want hype brawl finals like STIGMA and crews with gary
gary: come back
splice: your decent replacement

Splice

Smash Hero

SHOUTOUTS:

Earl: Good Games, Congratulations. Finally got a 9 on you. I think that's everyone now, at some point or another. :)

Paul/Khoa "Toshiba" Hoang : Thankyou for teaming with me in doubles. I was glad I could take a game of you in Melee singles, thought I had potential to win the set at times during the last match. :p I miss Fox

Nicks: I don't think anyone will beat me with Sheik anymore unless they are Timic or better :p
See how Peach goes again, although I'm a little better at the MU now. You and Earl hurt each other in doubles too much.

Kier: I definitely think you choked up a little in game 3, I have to admit I nearly did too. Very fun set, we need to start practicing together again.

Forte: Good games in tourney. I could not adapt from "how to play vs Falco" to "how to play vs Marth" :( RTS talk is fun. I'll have to play you again sometime in Brood War.

Jei: You have two tournaments left to take a set off me, so then you'll have taken a set off everyone :p Can you rise to the challenge?! Thanks for coming with me to get food, lol @ those weirdos obsessing over your Yoshi tshirt at McDonalds xD

Attila: What a champ, showing up after the tournament just because you can (and to get Snake replays). Even in Melee, because you are a Brawl player, you abuse the habits I retain from Brawl and it's pretty difficult, whereas other Melee players don't capitalise on that. Grr

Tibs: Step it up. :sonic:

Timic: Thanks for the lift and for practice. I am sad I am not good at Yoshis Island anymore. Congratulations on 3rd, keep it up! In a few months I'll try to learn some more characters so I can give you better practice.

Sasse: After watching some of your games at this tournament, I don't bad at all for losing to you at ACL. You really are quite good.

T-Rex: Nice of you to show up. I thought I was going to lose that Brawl set, Falco is hard, and you play him well!

Tak: Thanks for teaming. Wasn't sure if you were on my team in some of those games though...

Brawl tournaments are terrible now, not going to enter monthlies when I have to play a set of 3 vs a Diddy Kong in 15 minutes for the Losers Finals.

With Melee I think my biggest problem (aside from my fingers clamping up when I am pressured and trying to do tech skill) is adaption, I can't adapt to going from playing one character to another yet, even If I am familiar with them. The way they react to knockback as well as other things to do with movement and what to watch out for never surfaces until I play that one character for a while, but then I'd forget it again If I played other characters :(
Apart from Sheik, where I can call upon the knowledge I have from vs Tim at any time :)
Summary: Need to play more melee more often against more people.

Redact: Thanks for organising etc. I hope we have more setups next time, I'll get my cousins Cube if i can. Please post Results/Bracket ASAP. Also did you actually end up having a meet at your house last night lol?

Brawl top 3 as far as I remember

1. Earl (didnt play grand finals vs toshi)
1. Toshi (didnt play grand finals vs earl)
3. Splice
4. I don't know the rest.

Melee top 3 as far as I can remeber
1. Dekar
2. Redact
3. Timic woo yeah

Also Forte came 5th I think. yep.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Just a pro tip: we consistently have a cube/wii shortage, not a tv shortage

Don't presume others will bring a system, because everyone else does the same, and thus you get monthlies like that where there's no setups

Dekar289

Smash Hero
if brawlers don't want their scene to die... bring a wii lol

shoutouts:
everyone - don't just watch, get on the mic and commentate!
redact - thanks for another tourney, please upload brackets asap like bill said
sasse - mad impressed, wanna see ur puff move faster in general though, and gimp more efficiently.
pcg - i think what's missing from your game is a better alias lol
forte - omg sif choke
tak - omg sif falcon
timic - omf sif improve. you gotta learn how to beat peach though lol
best brawl match i've had since dean set when we played on melee yoshi's island
earl - i'm sorry <3 <3
nicks - nice work in teams. i'll be sure to demolish you in brawl singles/doubles next month before you run away to the states
t-rex - sif beat power ranked players what a king
joyous - less suicides! haha
toshi - if you lose another set without playing fox we're sending you to adelaide. gotta admit i loved playing on peach's castle though
splice - nice work esp in melee teams. good to see you improving even if you still shield pressure with full jumps sometimes lol
kier - let's get u back on the melee train and into top 5 again next time
jei - sif let me down in brawl teams as payback for ditching you to team with the biggest new melee talent known as...
viva - sorry for letting you down in teams, holy **** you can play melee
new people - come to next monthly when there's more people and more setups yey

looking forward to a return in numbers next time, with exams done and dusted. hyyype
maybe we'll finally be treated to the privilege of witnessing redact vs atticus too
nah i'll play ness in winners

everyone come for once so we can do accurate pr revisions afterwards lol (for both games)

Dekar289

Smash Hero
if you keep losing it shows consistency and makes it easier for the panelists

Hermit=D

Smash Apprentice
ggs yay

stuff
viva: lol im the best arouuund at brawl
dekar: i own you at melee i shoulve won
toshi: where is 2012 toshi we need him
nicks: stop playing gay it isnt working
sessa: ur full legit bro
guys i played teams with: knee, and 6 rests
redact: your amazing better than dekar and stuff
brawl: all your characters are equally appealing, no-one likes this game anyway because finals are always best of 1 and ****ty, i want hype brawl finals like STIGMA and crews with gary
gary: come back
splice: your decent replacement

'Guys i played teams with:knee, and 6 rests'

I was one of those guys :cool:

Kier.F

Smash Apprentice
Splice : Nah man didn't choke at all even Timic said I played better in the last game we had. Crazy impressed and really cool to see everything you've been learning come together keep it up

Dekar : Yes please, I'm going to smoke crack and play smash for the next month with no sleep lol :/ But seriously.... I am. Meets k go.

Earl : amazing :/

Nicks : Good games man such a methodical player and really adaptive won the first couple games and then I Couldn't take any more off you :/ - Look forward to some of your brawl knowledge next time we get to play

Timic : I'll bring my spare controllers next time I see you and if you dont have a new one by then feel free to borrow it for as long as you need and thanks for teams I think I'll stick to fox with your sheik tho think we work better that way

Atilla(?) : Beast falco I should have stayed batman falcon to hide on the LSD T.V might have actually won some games that way lol

Redact : Thanks for the tourney... Sorry bout the cube I'll make sure I've always got it with me in future or I might go pick up am extra cube/melee disc or 2 and leave them with the CW T.V's or in my car.

Tom/Alexi : I am dissapoint. Where you at? Hope you guys have holidays soon so we can play.

Oh and to the other guy who's name I didn't catch that was playing falcon+falco. Fun falcon ditto's hope to see you again

Skeletom

Smash Journeyman
i want to commentate :3

ill just say mundane things in a really deep voice and make references to other irrelevant games
in that sexy british accent of yours!

o yeah, and kier, we've got exams on atm. last exam is on the 20th so we're on hols after that. can't ****ing wait to get back into it :D

PrettyCoolGuy

Smash Ace
sasse - mad impressed, wanna see ur puff move faster in general though, and gimp more efficiently.
pcg - i think what's missing from your game is a better alias lol
WHY DOES EVERYONE GET ME CONFUSED WITH SASSE!?
He doesn't play puff, I play puff. I also resent your lack of love for memes. That being said, thanks for the tips.

ViVa

Smash Ace
viva - holy **** you can play melee
I was horrible and you know it. xD

Shoutouts

Earl: Let's play ssf4 on psn sometime yeah?

Timic: How hype was that kirby combo? Didn't even seem like brawl rofl

Nicks: I'll go complete mario next time since you want to beat it for PR purposes right? Iunno lol

T-Rex: Did we do good in brawl teams? I don't remember ._. It was cool that you came though ^_^

Dekar: You didn't let me down, I was just too much luggage to carry.

Drunk guys at mcdonalds who wanted my shirt and jei's hoodie: lol

Everyone else: <3

Dekar289

Smash Hero
loool sorry pcg
not true viva, you are just modest, the vids are evidence

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
GGs all.

Nice tournament considering it held during the exam period.

Redact, hurry up and post the bracket =(

Haydino

Smash Cadet
Build massive hype.

I will, probably, be coming to the next one of these
(blame Joey)

I'm no good at this game still anymore but i'll try to play anyway

Hi to all the new people (lol) glad to see that the scene isn't dead... yet
</hype>

Hermit=D

Smash Apprentice
Build massive hype.

I will, probably, be coming to the next one of these
(blame Joey)

I'm no good at this game still anymore but i'll try to play anyway

Hi to all the new people (lol) glad to see that the scene isn't dead... yet
</hype>

Maybe, JUST maybe i can take a set then! ;)

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
I'm free this time as well, so unless something comes up I'll be making a much-anticipated return.

Hayden attendance? How could that not be anymore hype?

Hermit=D

Smash Apprentice
Lol 'hayden' i thought you somehow guessed my actual name. MINDGAMES!

Haydino

Smash Cadet
Maybe, JUST maybe i can take a set then! ;)
If you take damage from me i'd be surprised

I'm free this time as well, so unless something comes up I'll be making a much-anticipated return.
With this being the case, a much anticipated return of our amazing doubles team is possible?
...If you have zero intention of winning or doing well that is

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Lol 'hayden' i thought you somehow guessed my actual name. MINDGAMES!
Nup, I'm not that amazing.
With this being the case, a much anticipated return of our amazing doubles team is possible?
...If you have zero intention of winning or doing well that is
Son, I wouldn't have it any other way. Considering the total amount of money I've won from Smash adds up to $5, I don't think winning is a high priority for me.

Being chill and teaming with a mate is the best part of doubles, at any rate.

Haydino

Smash Cadet
Son, I wouldn't have it any other way. Considering the total amount of money I've won from Smash adds up to $5, I don't think winning is a high priority for me.

Being chill and teaming with a mate is the best part of doubles, at any rate.
Awesome.
I expected as much but I wanted to check that you didn't have another partner that you were all srs with now
I'v been out too long to know anymore ;3

Joey told me on steam that he should be coming too so it should be good

Splice

Smash Hero
Joey can have my personal estate, Hay-Dean-O Plaza, which I inherited about a year ago.

Haydino

Smash Cadet
Joey can have my personal estate, Hay-Dean-O Plaza, which I inherited about a year ago.
Well, Hello to you too Splice

also
The new venue is great for me. Whoever picked it/ found it is a good person
I could almost walk there...

If there's any casual meets happening between now and then i might be up for that too

Splice

Smash Hero
Hmm, if you come back to the scene does that mean I have to give Hay-Dean-O Plaza back?
:O

I'll talk to you on msn someday Haydino we'll have an n2c or something soon

Dekar289

Smash Hero
learn melee
viva played last month and it turns out he can play pretty good
he'll be top 5 in a few months, with zero practice at home

and yer mario party is great

someone bring a n64 with mario party 3, we can have plasia vs splice in 1v1 dual mode for worst mario party player ever, place bets, hype etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom