• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Viability of Samus' extended grapple

pagedMov

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pagedMov
I've recently learned about this trick when I was fighting a Samus player on netplay that not only grabbed me from the opposite side of the stage, but also did so while I was on a platform above him. I've never even seen or heard of this tech before, but it seems like it's really powerful if you get a grapple beam that homes in on people and goes three times the distance. Why don't I see top professionals like Plup or HugS using this?

Last edited:

Flippy Flippersen

Smash Journeyman
I assume you're talking about the extender. It's fun for giggles but it's too slow to do anything outside of reading where someone will tech and then grabbing them. Samusses grab game is lackluster and if you mis the read you'll get punished (cause agains extender is slow) It's a cool trick but it's too high risk low reward to be used in tournament.

Last edited:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Yea super ancient Samus tech (I remember seeing it used in like 2003), Corigames uses it the most but it's terrible since it's very easy to punish by any good player.

The original Smaus gen. descussion thread is named after it.
EXTENNNDUURRRRRR (samus gen. disc.)
Check out Corigames' recent Samus tech swag vid...I'm guessing some of this stuff will blow your mind.

Last edited:

CrackaaJack

Smash Cadet
I usually just give any samus stuck in grab a good forward smash to the dickens :')

D

Deleted member

It's pretty good but you have to make sure that you are able to grab them or you can get punished hard.

Top Bottom