• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VGD: Dr. Shrunk Says be Happy!!

TR33

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pandaguy719
No, he's totally different from Villager, he actually has a good grab game instead of a just killing BThrow.

I just got a shieldbreak KO with Villager's jab on For Glory.

I've lost hope in the general player base.
lol while that is pretty funny, try to remember that for glory isn't the most accurate representation of the competitive player base. Also that this is a party game at it's core for the vast majority of people so more often than not there's going to be someone out there who just feels like playing around with 1v1 to mix it up from their usual free for all item romp.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
lol while that is pretty funny, try to remember that for glory isn't the most accurate representation of the competitive player base. Also that this is a party game at it's core for the vast majority of people so more often than not there's going to be someone out there who just feels like playing around with 1v1 to mix it up from their usual free for all item romp.
Obviously it's not representative of the competitive player base, that's why I said general. As it happened I was just like "he's not going to just sit in his shield and let me break it is he" and then it broke. To be fair, he probably didn't know that having his shield broken that close to the ledge meant he would fall helpless and die, but it was still kind of sad.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I still argue that Villager is a trap character with anti zone mechanics, and how those anti zone mechanics work along side her recovery gives some of the easiest and most effective edge guarding in the game.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I still argue that Villager is a trap character with anti zone mechanics, and how those anti zone mechanics work along side her recovery gives some of the easiest and most effective edge guarding in the game.
No, I agree, I hadn't really paid attention to your post where you compared MK's edgeguarding to Villager's, not the general gameplan. That was my bad.

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
No, he's totally different from Villager, he actually has a good grab game instead of a just killing BThrow.

I just got a shieldbreak KO with Villager's jab on For Glory.

I've lost hope in the general player base.
Man I feel like I'm always facing fairly decent players on For Glory. Maybe I'm just bad. :c

Hey guys, Verlisify here. In doubles, team with someone like Mario or Wii Fit Trainer. Use their windboxes with your watering can to get reliable KOs! Tune in next time for more good strategies!

citronic

Smash Rookie
NNID
areyoutoonenough
3DS FC
1950-9105-1712
Anyone mind playing a bit against me? I'm still trying to improve my Villager, and I'd love some critique!

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH
And it was completely avoidable if he had just dropped his shield. The guy wasn't very good but this is a pretty ridiculous shieldbreak.

I also broke someone's shield with WFT before because they insisted on shielding projectiles from across the screen instead of jumping over them.

And it was completely avoidable if he had just dropped his shield. The guy wasn't very good but this is a pretty ridiculous shieldbreak.

I also broke someone's shield with WFT before because they insisted on shielding projectiles from across the screen instead of jumping over them.
One time I was ducking beneath a Link's arrow spam and powershielding their boomerangs. They caught on and started charging the arrows less, and I guess I wasn't powershielding right or giving my shield enough time to regen cause it broke.

I thought I was done for, but a boomerang they had previously thrown out came back and swept me behind their fsmash

Landing the warrior never felt so satisfying

Loveless Kun

Smash Cadet
O3O Hi you guys
I main villager too I'm just really late in joining smash boards but so far, you guys seem really nice ;A; I've been in so many other communities where everyone was so mean so i was apprehensive to join xD

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
O3O Hi you guys
I main villager too I'm just really late in joining smash boards but so far, you guys seem really nice ;A; I've been in so many other communities where everyone was so mean so i was apprehensive to join xD
coughcoughcoughcoughsmogoncoughcoughcough
Anyways enjoy your stay!
I loves me some Villager.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Hi! I'm the person that posts way too much in the matchup thread. I was just hoping if anyone could help me...

I really wanna get to some tourneys around here (Im in NJ) to show off Villager and improve myself. I might be able to make it to CEO, but before then it would be awesome if I could just get to places closer to me. I've used the tourney listings and found a few things, but just wish I could search by how close events are to me. I'll usually click the map and find out something is 2 hours away... Maybe that's not so bad, but I dunno, I'm hopefully getting my license on the 14th and college gets in the way so getting to tourneys is a lil tricky right now! It'd be remarkable if there were like...weeklies or something 30 mins away and on weekends...

Also, I love takin pics in the game and wanted to share a few maybe if people like em~
HNI_0010.JPG

This one is called: "Strike!"
Also wow
The promised gif of the shieldbreak:

He looks like Lil Mac!

Last edited:

F1reants

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone! Villager main here who's been lurking for some time. I see someone else here with the name Antonykun, which is cool cause my name's Antony o:. I was trying to post a match I had to be critiqued but I need to post more first. I don't know what to post though haha. Anyways, I hope to learn from you guys!

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Hi everyone!
I'm a Villager user that hasn't posted in a while and has nothing productive to say! ♥

@ Sonsa Sonsa don't rush it. If you get time to assist a tournament you will eventually. Focus on college and license and everything will sort out later.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Hello everyone! Villager main here who's been lurking for some time. I see someone else here with the name Antonykun, which is cool cause my name's Antony o:. I was trying to post a match I had to be critiqued but I need to post more first. I don't know what to post though haha. Anyways, I hope to learn from you guys!
Welcome! Hope ya find your way around here nicely!
Hi everyone!
I'm a Villager user that hasn't posted in a while and has nothing productive to say! ♥
@ Sonsa Sonsa don't rush it. If you get time to assist a tournament you will eventually. Focus on college and license and everything will sort out later.
Okay, yeah, I suppose so... And aaah! Is your profile pic Pacifica Northwest? I looove Gravity Falls, and she's so cool too! March 9...can't wait haha!

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
YES, YES SHE IS!!! (I thought nobody would recognize her, at least with this style)
The latest episode made me (Gravely) Fall for her and she suddenly jumped into my top favorite characters.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
YES, YES SHE IS!!! (I thought nobody would recognize her, at least with this style)
The latest episode made me (Gravely) Fall for her and she suddenly jumped into my top favorite characters.
Ah! Sorry we arent talking about Villager but its a social thread so anything goes I guess, but Ive just always liked her style! I always wanted to have a cool matching glove/boot/skirt kinda outfit she usually has, but never got the chance. But yeah, besides that, I also liked how she wasn't generic "ooh im too good for this" or "aah im too fancy for fighting!" in the golf episode, she kicked some butt! And yeah, in the recent one she was cool too!
March 9 is so hype... Stan, the agents, apocalypse, ahhh! Only thing annoying is someone said they'd take another break after this one! They just came back from a break 1 episode ago! What!?

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Ah! Sorry we arent talking about Villager but its a social thread so anything goes I guess, but Ive just always liked her style! I always wanted to have a cool matching glove/boot/skirt kinda outfit she usually has, but never got the chance. But yeah, besides that, I also liked how she wasn't generic "ooh im too good for this" or "aah im too fancy for fighting!" in the golf episode, she kicked some butt! And yeah, in the recent one she was cool too!
March 9 is so hype... Stan, the agents, apocalypse, ahhh! Only thing annoying is someone said they'd take another break after this one! They just came back from a break 1 episode ago! What!?
That's why a Social Thread exists!!
Yes, I'm as pumped as it gets for the next episode, and I figured they'd take a break. I mean, this series is so good that is basically Disney's strongest point right now (along with Star and I think that's about it), they'd want to eat the cake slowly and let fans savor it while trying to figure out its secrets. I take it as it comes, if I have to wait a bit to get it, so be it, I know the downtime will be worth it.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
That's why a Social Thread exists!!
Yes, I'm as pumped as it gets for the next episode, and I figured they'd take a break. I mean, this series is so good that is basically Disney's strongest point right now (along with Star and I think that's about it), they'd want to eat the cake slowly and let fans savor it while trying to figure out its secrets. I take it as it comes, if I have to wait a bit to get it, so be it, I know the downtime will be worth it.
Uwaah, but it just came back... Seems way too soon, hope the person was wrong. I know we're ganna get a painful cliffhanger. Well at least there's some other stuff to look forward to this month. Can't wait for Mewtwo~ Hope he arrives sometime this month!

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
the void that is known as Villager's pocket

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I need to watch Gravity Falls, it looks like something I'd enjoy. Goofy, weird, suspenseful, and surprisijgly deep all rolled into one package.

My first exposure to the show was an image (it might have been a gif?) of Dipper rowing away from something monstrous with the caption: "I love how this show can be genuinely terrifying.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I need to watch Gravity Falls, it looks like something I'd enjoy. Goofy, weird, suspenseful, and surprisijgly deep all rolled into one package.

My first exposure to the show was an image (it might have been a gif?) of Dipper rowing away from something monstrous with the caption: "I love how this show can be genuinely terrifying.
Oh definitely. Awesome humor for all ages and such amazing mystery, you'll be watching as much as you can to catch a clue in the background, many of which there are!
And if you want terrifying it's insane what Alex Hirsch (the creator of the show) has gotten away with - he had a room of those hanged animal heads hunters mount start bleeding from their eyes and mouth and chant "Ancient sins". How does he convince Disney to let him do this stuff?
But yeah, the art sound and so on is really great, but the best in my opinion are the humor and mystery~ I love theorizing for stuff like what characters might be in smash (before it came out of course), Five Nights at Freddy's, and other stuff, and Gravity Falls is one of my favs. Lots of clues, possibilities, augh, can't wait.

Zensay

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zensay
Not related to anything anyone is talking about atm: http://theyetee.com/ is having a sale today only on a pretty cool AC/Villager shirt. I don't see AC stuff pop up in my shirt feed too often so I thought I'd share.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
On the subject of AC... Favorite Neighbor
Groucho

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Villager doesn't combo very well...
He's not the most combo-heavy, but it might be nice to have a thread since we do have some and great follow-ups!
Like set-up aerial gyroid, opponent tries to be smart and runs past it grounded hoping for an up-smash or something, down-air turnips - that launches them into the gyroid, foward air slingshot and you can try to make a fair slingshot string based on their weight.
Or maybe down throw, jump, up-air turnips, jump, up-air or down-air turnips depending on character's weight and how lucky you got with turnips.
On the subject of AC... Favorite Neighbor
Groucho
Julian is the best and has been with me since the start, but I always wish I got to meet the Mummy Dog, the Cleopatra Cat, Superhero Squirrel, or Stitches the Teddy Bear. Oh, the Octopi are cool too, Octavian and...the other one. I remember once fishing up an octopus as they walked by and she went "I...!! You...!! OOOH I can't talk to you right now!!" I felt bad, but it was kinda funny, but mostly I was just confused.

Like Antonykun said Villager aint got no combo game, though I think once upon a time we did have a thread dedicated to finding combos, and there's a nice guide that features some combos / setups, which I will try to find. Off the top of my head Lloid combos into FAir and... that's about it as far as reliable combos go. Though you have to be running along with the Lloid and if you're doing that I don't see a smart opponent getting hit by it. Now for UNreliable, gimmicky combos, SHZ-dropped wood combos into BReverse Garden and BReverse Axe.

Also Carmen is best Villager
Carmen.png

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Like Antonykun said Villager aint got no combo game, though I think once upon a time we did have a thread dedicated to finding combos, and there's a nice guide that features some combos / setups, which I will try to find. Off the top of my head Lloid combos into FAir and... that's about it as far as reliable combos go. Though you have to be running along with the Lloid and if you're doing that I don't see a smart opponent getting hit by it. Now for UNreliable, gimmicky combos, SHZ-dropped wood combos into BReverse Garden and BReverse Axe.

Also Carmen is best Villager
View attachment 41519
Ahh, we got juggles and nice follow ups, but yeah, I guess we're not Sheik in that regard.
Carmen! Oh gosh, I barely play AC:NL anymore cause I guess with life sims I get into them for a week and then move on, but Carmen was the cooliest! But when I let sis borrow my game so she can get bells and make her perfect town, she let Carmen move away. Aww, she was fun. There are so many awesome bunnies in AC. Like that grouchy one with the moustache!

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Not having a great combo game makes knowing what little combo game he has even more important (as well as easy, since there won't be much to commit to memory). Set-ups included.

I can think of a few combos, and they usually involve Loid. And at low percents, nair to ftilt, I think. If training mode is reliable enough.

Still, I'd like to know to tighten my game up more. Some people don't realize the tricks Villager can pull.

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
I think if you hit with the back side of a late nair, it can combo into bair somewhat well. I've done that a few times.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Not having a great combo game makes knowing what little combo game he has even more important (as well as easy, since there won't be much to commit to memory). Set-ups included.

I can think of a few combos, and they usually involve Loid. And at low percents, nair to ftilt, I think. If training mode is reliable enough.

Still, I'd like to know to tighten my game up more. Some people don't realize the tricks Villager can pull.
Basic strings are n-air to n-air the second n-air is a frame trap is they chose not to shield.
f-air to f-air can carry the opponent of the stage depending on weight/damage/rage ect.
n-air to fair off stage gimps stuff

Top Bottom