• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VGD: Dr. Shrunk Says be Happy!!

outfoxd

Smash Ace
NNID
outfoxd
Just because Duck Hunt doesn't have as much kill options, doesn't mean you had to leave him.
The frustration was mounting. I'm keeping him up in case there's a buff or I find something meta change. I still love him

Villager clicked like the Dog did for me though, so I'm exploring.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
The frustration was mounting. I'm keeping him up in case there's a buff or I find something meta change. I still love him

Villager clicked like the Dog did for me though, so I'm exploring.
It's okay to explore and find a character that makes ya happier! If Duck Hunt wasn't doing it, don't force it, but would be very useful to keep him as a strong secondary. Anyway, welcome!

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Just because Duck Hunt doesn't have as much kill options, doesn't mean you had to leave him.
trust me I played duck hunt having my opponent live at 200% fells all sorts of messed up

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Yeah, I love the dog too, but people always fall out of the smash attacks somehow... at least there's up-tilt.

outfoxd

Smash Ace
NNID
outfoxd
most of my kos were from kamikaze can aerials or finally landing hi percent sweetspot bairs.. it's refreshing to just land a good uair or upsmash for a kill, and be confident it'll happen

Mr.Sile

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dorvillo
Hello, errbody. I'm a Duck Hunt main that is transitioning to Villager. I have to say, having killing power is like Christmas to me. Just wanted to introduce myself, and look forward to being a mayor.
Hey and Welcome! If you're just starting out on Villager, you're in luck as one of our members is making a guide soon so stay tuned for that.

If you have any questions or want to talk about anything, Ask in the Q&A thread or here. We'd love to answer any questions you have about the character.

And remember, you don't have to drop Duck Hunt, but keep him as a pocket or a second main. (His customs make him annoying too).

I hope learning Villager will be a fun journey to you as it was to me. You can apply your prior DH knowledge but Villager is still different.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
have i mentioned the villager boards are the cutest of all the character boards?

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Nope Kirby :4kirby:
I don't really have a favorite costum of villagers as for now........
I just use default, but maybe purple shirt could be the coolest.

Mr.Sile

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dorvillo
Decided to force myself to learn Shoulder Jump + C-stick aerials for the next 2 hours. Wish me luck because It's hard so far.

I keep overpressing L into a fullhop :`(

I think the C-stick aerials autocancel themselves eventually, that's a neat feature.

Last edited:

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
So yesterday I had a mini epiphany at school. It was yearbook day, so we didn't really do anything productive. Most of the day we just sat in the cafeteria area. There was a Promethean board in the center that they had used for a Senior breakfast thing earlier, and we asked if we could use it to set up a Wii U, and they let us have at it. Of course you guys know what game we brought. :)

Boy was it a blast! We had two GC adapters and 8 controllers, so we had 8 players playing at all times! All sorts of guys in the school were hopping on, and everybody else was just watching with a look of joy on their face. All items were on, any stage goes, completely casual.

And I realized that while I definitely enjoy the game more as a competitive hobby, I think Sakurai was on to something when he said the game was meant to be played at a casual level. I don't remember the last time I played Smash not really caring whether I won or not. If Sakurai were with us that day, he would've been proud.

We also set up a mini tournament later on, which I won, so that was fun too. :happysheep:

Mr.Sile

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dorvillo
So yesterday I had a mini epiphany at school. It was yearbook day, so we didn't really do anything productive. Most of the day we just sat in the cafeteria area. There was a Promethean board in the center that they had used for a Senior breakfast thing earlier, and we asked if we could use it to set up a Wii U, and they let us have at it. Of course you guys know what game we brought. :)

Boy was it a blast! We had two GC adapters and 8 controllers, so we had 8 players playing at all times! All sorts of guys in the school were hopping on, and everybody else was just watching with a look of joy on their face. All items were on, any stage goes, completely casual.

And I realized that while I definitely enjoy the game more as a competitive hobby, I think Sakurai was on to something when he said the game was meant to be played at a casual level. I don't remember the last time I played Smash not really caring whether I won or not. If Sakurai were with us that day, he would've been proud.

We also set up a mini tournament later on, which I won, so that was fun too. :happysheep:

I wish I could bring my Wii U to my highschool without the, you know,...social pressures.

They were playing Melee and PM in the technology room the other day so I assume they don't like Sm4sh.

Also, learning C-stick aerials + shoulder jump feels worse than the day that I turned tap-jump off.

Edit: jdsnkfsdksk This is so haaaaard. But whenever I want to give up, I imagine @ Sonsa Sonsa is like

Last edited:

Wonderf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wonderf
3DS FC
5172-2136-8763

Nice!
We have a smash club at my school once a week, but there is lots of people who are like "Melee is the only worthy smash game to be played" so it's mainly just melee played there but me and a couple of other people bring their 3ds and play some good old sm4sh. I find it's much more friendly for newer people to smash (like me) and the club.
We once had a sm4sh tournament but I came second...
so close, yet so far.
It's always nice to play smash with other people at school:)

Last edited:

Mr.Sile

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dorvillo
I think I discovered the cure to autopiloting aka not using all the tools at my disposal.

Last edited:

Mr.Sile

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dorvillo
What is it?
Change your control scheme.

If you map your jump button to shield like I did, Your brain can't resort back to old habits. Just take two hours and play in FG or against your casual friend with this control scheme and see how you do.

Your brain has to regularly stop and think about what to do in that situation and although it causes you to play slower, you start using all of your tools.

Really fun, and it's making learning how to use C-stick aerials fun too.

RaenUE

Smash Cadet
NNID
RaenUE
3DS FC
0705-3752-9517
Do you recommend changing everything? I've really bad auto-pilot issues

Mr.Sile

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dorvillo
Do you recommend changing everything? I've really bad auto-pilot issues
Depends on your most used move. For example, When I autopilot, I use Bair/Fair/Nair a lot.

So, I mapped my jump button (Y) to shield and started practicing shoulder jumps (mapping your unused shoulder button to a jump), which can help later on when you decide you want to learn C-stick aerials.

With that done, I can't go back to old habits without knowing it and forces me to analyze the situation and learn the new scheme. Changing everything would just cause extra, unnecessary confusion IMO.

It's really fun, I think, and once this learning ordeal is done, I'll map my shield button to something else and see what happens. I reccommend anyone try it just for fun. (a friend of mine said that he wishes he could map his shield button to taunt, that's not possible though).

Edit: Of course, Don't do this in the middle of a tourney match or anything but If you have free time, or get bored, Try doing this for about a week and see what happens.

Last edited:

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
Mapping jump to a shoulder button makes jump cancel glide tosses much easier and more effective. I think I'm gonna start using R to jump, but I have no reason to stop using L to shield.

Mr.Sile

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dorvillo
Mapping jump to a shoulder button makes jump cancel glide tosses much easier and more effective. I think I'm gonna start using R to jump, but I have no reason to stop using L to shield.
Yeah, I only mapped my unused shoulder button to input jump. I shield with R though.

zang

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zangoose
Hello other villager mains!
Call me zang, I just joined smash boards and used to strictly main Yoshi but trying to get the hang of Villager recently,
I really love the people here! :-)

Wonderf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wonderf
3DS FC
5172-2136-8763
Hello other villager mains!
Call me zang, I just joined smash boards and used to strictly main Yoshi but trying to get the hang of Villager recently,
I really love the people here! :-)
Hi guys, Villyness from Australia. I kind of lurked around on the forums for a long time cause I never really found courage to say hi.
I've mained Villager since the Japanese demo and I love him to bits! I also co-main Ness but Villager's definitely my main for this iteration of smash.
I hope to make new friends with fellow mayors and learn from everyone! Very keen to improve my Villager. ^^
Welcome to the Villager Boards!
I hope you enjoy your time here:)

Last edited:

Villyness

Dedicated Protector
NNID
SuckerFlash
3DS FC
2664-2676-2381
Hi guys, Villyness from Australia. I kind of lurked around on the forums for a long time cause I never really found courage to say hi.
I've mained Villager since the Japanese demo and I love him to bits! I also co-main Ness but Villager's definitely my main for this iteration of smash.
I hope to make new friends with fellow mayors and learn from everyone! Very keen to improve my Villager. ^^

Mr.Sile

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dorvillo
Yay Villyness, thanks for introducing yourself to the boards! Excited for new people to join the boards!

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
A lot of new Villager's are appearing more and more! Our adorable fellow is getting more and more attention! And in a good way!

Also, I challenge every Villager of the Villager Boards to solve this puzzle!!

( @Indigo Jeans if you solve this. I shall no longer call you a female!)

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
A lot of new Villager's are appearing more and more! Our adorable fellow is getting more and more attention! And in a good way!

Also, I challenge every Villager of the Villager Boards to solve this puzzle!!

( @Indigo Jeans if you solve this. I shall no longer call you a female!)
did I do it right?
boxes.PNG

Villyness

Dedicated Protector
NNID
SuckerFlash
3DS FC
2664-2676-2381
Isn't this the Euler's puzzle or something?

It's only got a solution if you allow people to trace onto an edge (i.e. you don't count it as having 'intersected' when doing so). Otherwise mathematically it's impossible to solve iirc cause something about old number of possible paths I think...

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea

It's only got a solution if you allow people to trace onto an edge (i.e. you don't count it as having 'intersected' when doing so). Otherwise mathematically it's impossible to solve iirc cause something about old number of possible paths I think...
Shhhh

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
nvm=nevermind by the way

ah...
I spent a good portion of my sleeping time pondering about that

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

^He tried to read all 1491 pages of the Zelda Social.

zang

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zangoose
think villager amiboo is one of the more rarer ones to find or the rarest

Wonderf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wonderf
3DS FC
5172-2136-8763
Food for thought:

Number of pages in each smash 4 character social thread (greatest to least):

:4zelda::1493+
:4robinm::903
:4mewtwo::341
:4palutena::218
:4link::207
:rosalina::195
:4shulk::154
:4pacman::136
:4lucas::108
:4duckhunt::63
:4sonic::62
:4greninja::55
:4ness::55
:4bowserjr::54
:4marth::47
:4jigglypuff::46
:4megaman::46
:4myfriends::41
:4yoshi::41
:4ganondorf::39
:4zss:;35
:4mii::32
:4kirby::31
:4sheik::29
:4lucario::28
:4mario::28
:4gaw::28
:4bowser::26
:4metaknight::24
:4villager::24
:4wiifit::24
:4tlink::22
:4luigi::18
:4falcon::17
:4littlemac::16
:4diddy::15
:4dedede::15
:4charizard::14
:4pit::11
:4dk::10
:4drmario::10
:4lucina::10
:4rob::10
:4peach::7
:4darkpit::5
:4falco::4
:4olimar::4
:4pikachu::4
:4fox::2
:4wario::2
:4samus:: N/A (couldn`t find anything)

Sorry for anything inaccurate . I`m probably not going to update this.
19/05/15

Last edited:
Top Bottom