• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VGD: Dr. Shrunk Says be Happy!!

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Pretty sure the Villagers are supposed to be adults. The series just uses a chibi art style, so they look like children.

Anyone have a link where I can hear the Villager's voice? I haven't been able to locate it yet.
EDIT: Nevermind. Found something. But it wasn't too clear.

Last edited:

Byxis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Byxis7
3DS FC
4656-8308-4770
Pretty sure the Villagers are supposed to be adults. The series just uses a chibi art style, so they look like children.

Anyone have a link where I can hear the Villager's voice? I haven't been able to locate it yet.
EDIT: Nevermind. Found something. But it wasn't too clear.
It was the female's voice right? The pink haired one?

Hong

The Strongest
Yep. They moved out at adulthood. In-game, that is why you get mail from mom and dad about what it's like to be an adult living on your own, and stuff.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I'm surprised I haven't posted here yet. I think I'd like to main the adorable AC psychopath! :awesome:

Hong

The Strongest
I see.

I have been playing almost every day for over a year now. Good value for $35!

Byxis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Byxis7
3DS FC
4656-8308-4770
I see.

I have been playing almost every day for over a year now. Good value for $35!
Well. If you really need a new person to play it with, I'll by it again and start over.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Yep. They moved out at adulthood. In-game, that is why you get mail from mom and dad about what it's like to be an adult living on your own, and stuff.
Man, it's pretty amusing to think of the idea that

can potentially be older than

and

:p

Hong

The Strongest
A few nights ago I had a dream where I was playing in a friendly as the Villager on this stage that is like a ship on the ocean. After spending the entire match chasing me around, my opponent
, first in rage, then laughing. I woke up soon after.

Is this a sign of things to come? Everything about the Villager seems like a character that will piss people off.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I have definitely been commenting with friends that out of all characters Villager just has the highest troll potential. All palettes have the dorky smile, almost all of the moves are humiliating when they connect (the tree is the hardcore version of the warlock punch, 'cause really, props if you make it connect) and the taunts and idle animations make it seem like you're just taking a stroll in the park.

I'm personally excited about this. I love trolling people.

Hong

The Strongest
I'm personally excited about this. I love trolling people.
Yes. Me too.

For added effect, as they are about to lose their last stock, pause the game and zoom in on the Villager's face.

:4villager:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Villager has been my most requested character since Melee next to Ridley. So happy he got in. Though I do disagree with some of Sakurai's moveset choices (slingshot should have been neutral special, axe should be side special, timber seems useless, no fishing rod) I love others at the same time. I am determined to main Villager and make him the best (in my GA scene at least)

TR33

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pandaguy719
New Character reveal in 2 days. That being said if another animal crossing rep were to get in who do you think the most plausible would be and why? I mean I REALLY doubt it, but it's fun to speculate.

Hong

The Strongest
Blanca.

She'll fight like Sheng Tsung from Mortal Kombat.

Veggi

Smash Champion
I was at a convention in Florida this weekend and I cosplayed as Cyrus.

Also, if another AC rep got in I think it would be Tom Nook because he interacts with the player the most throughout the series. I'd say he's the most recognizable by far.

Hong

The Strongest
:( Villager mains are looking forever alone. There is so little footage of the character being chosen, and I can almost never find someone else who is looking forward to playing the character.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Hahahah. This kiddo's little popularity.

I think playing as him is one of the biggest hype-inducing things for me to think about this game. So sad not many seem high on him. This kid's living a frigging dream!

I dunno, it's just easy for me to relate to him, plus that crazy-awesome moveset.

Hong

The Strongest
Yeah. He is actually really strong and his attacks often come out fast, short reach aside.

Though I suppose he is very unorthodox, where as people usually gravitate towards faster more aggressive fighters.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Yeah. He is actually really strong and his attacks often come out fast, short reach aside.

Though I suppose he is very unorthodox, where as people usually gravitate towards faster more aggressive fighters.
Pretty, but I guess I love those kind of characters. Usually they have just those tools that others don't possess, and lets us pull off things not most fighters can. Pocket, Timber, Shoveling, etc... Such a trickster!

Last edited:

TheSarcasticGuy

Smash Cadet
New Character reveal in 2 days. That being said if another animal crossing rep were to get in who do you think the most plausible would be and why? I mean I REALLY doubt it, but it's fun to speculate.
Definitely Mr. Resetti. Not only is he hugely iconic to the series, but he also fits Smash the most due to his aggressive personally and the fact that he wields a pickaxe. Plus with him being a mole, he could have a unique ability that lets him travel underground.

It's interesting to note that we still haven't seen his assist trophy yet, and he's one of the only "big name" assists from Brawl remaining (the other being Isaac). I'm not saying he's playable or anything, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Definitely Mr. Resetti. Not only is he hugely iconic to the series, but he also fits Smash the most due to his aggressive personally and the fact that he wields a pickaxe. Plus with him being a mole, he could have a unique ability that lets him travel underground.

It's interesting to note that we still haven't seen his assist trophy yet, and he's one of the only "big name" assists from Brawl remaining (the other being Isaac). I'm not saying he's playable or anything, but I thought it was worth mentioning.
He's in Town and City as one of the villagers spectacting the match, if I remember correctly.

Andrex

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone else here play New Leaf?
I still am. Just recently paid off my house (completely) after a year of mostly being absent.

:( Villager mains are looking forever alone. There is so little footage of the character being chosen, and I can almost never find someone else who is looking forward to playing the character.
That's kind of a good thing IMO. Makes it easier to experiment and try crazy things and catch people off guard, and all that on top of Villager's already-decidedly unique moveset. Should be some fun times.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Why isn't this thread more active? Even the Wii Fit Trainer thread social thread has a lot more posts.

Hong

The Strongest
Why isn't this thread more active? Even the Wii Fit Trainer thread social thread has a lot more posts.
Villager is just a whole nother beast.

A lot of people can't really understand what she is supposed to do or how she is supposed to play. They can't really associate her with common themes like high-speed aggression or ranged prowess, and she doesn't really have as much cultural magnitude as someone like Pac-Man, so she is largely glanced over. Strange that Wii Fit Trainer is more popular, though part of it has to do with the fact her specials are actually simple and some people consider her attractive. She probably has more novelty as well.

Morbi

Scavenger
Villager is just a whole nother beast.

A lot of people can't really understand what she is supposed to do or how she is supposed to play. They can't really associate her with common themes like high-speed aggression or ranged prowess, and she doesn't really have as much cultural magnitude as someone like Pac-Man, so she is largely glanced over. Strange that Wii Fit Trainer is more popular, though part of it has to do with the fact her specials are actually simple and some people consider her attractive. She probably has more novelty as well.
I feel as though this might describe why I do not really discuss Villager either, I do not understand her or her play-style. I am more interested after seeing her in action at Comic-Con. Not that any Villager mains would want my casual filth desecrating her thread as I just happen to interpret Villager as a homicidal maniac that murdered the previous Mayor and passed herself off as the Mayor herself. Not only that, but she is really a he, but she dresses up as a girl to further deceive Smashville... so yeah.

Last edited:

TR33

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pandaguy719
It could also be because of the "arrow in the knee" effect. I mean I loved and logged tons of hours into skyrim but I noticed the meme deterred a bunch of people [at least that I knew] from really playing or giving the game a chance.
Maybe people are tired of the "little psychopath" meme? I unno

Reila

It could also be because of the "arrow in the knee" effect. I mean I loved and logged tons of hours into skyrim but I noticed the meme deterred a bunch of people [at least that I knew] from really playing or giving the game a chance.
Maybe people are tired of the "little psychopath" meme? I unno
Maybe. It is also possible a lot of people just aren't aware they want to play as the Villager yet. I mean, it took one year after Villager's reveal for me to come here and post something (I have lurked for a little while). I was enamored by other newcomers and only when F!Villager was confirmed that I started giving the character the attention she deserves. After watching more gameplay footage of Villager, the trollish moveset and potential for an "annoyer" character made me even more interested in trying her as soon as get my hands in Smash in a few months.

Hong

The Strongest
I don't think Villager will ever become a popular character unless she's top tier.

Just like Samus in Melee, I don't think she'll even be bad per se, but just appeals to a small scope of players due to how she plays. And that's 100% okay. I love the Villager a lot and I feel right at home playing as her. Even if there are only a few of us playing her around launch, we'll still have each other. ^~^

As for how I feel so confident about her strengths... she just has a lot of really strong unique abilities that will scale up as players improve. She can only be average at worst.

Reila

I actually prefer my favorite characters to not be overused/overly popular, so I am okay with the Villager not being a pop character.

TR33

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pandaguy719
I actually prefer my favorite characters to not be overused/overly popular, so I am okay with the Villager not being a pop character.
I was like that too when I got into brawl... :V my favorite character was Olimar
I forgot to mention the irony of this for those who weren't into brawl or knew that olimar is considered one of the best characters in the game [third behind mk and ice climbers last time I checked] :l

Last edited:
Top Bottom