• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

very technical falcon question

sam:)

Smash Cadet
the reason i ask this is because i'm going for a WR on target test (PB is 8.23, WR is 7.45 by demon9)

would it be faster (less frames) to reach falcons full-hop height simply by full-hopping, or by using like 30% of his fullhop and DJing out of it for the rest of the height? just by looking at it it seems like DJing is a tiiiny bit faster but it'd be amazing if someone could crunch the numbers

Last edited:

schmooblidon

Smash Journeyman
kinda depends. DJing will put your base position to a higher point faster no doubt, but cos of the 9 frame ECB lock, your ECB may be lower. If you tell me which platform or whatever you want to land in, I can test it out for you.

sam:)

Smash Cadet
kinda depends. DJing will put your base position to a higher point faster no doubt, but cos of the 9 frame ECB lock, your ECB may be lower. If you tell me which platform or whatever you want to land in, I can test it out for you.
the first platform (up and to the right of falcon's starting position) on his target test. the thing is, i dont just jump on the platform, i fullhop/DJ and hit it with either nair or uair and then land. it's really tough to figure out the optimization on that very first target. the WR uses fullhop nair but the TAS uses turnaround uair

Last edited:

schmooblidon

Smash Journeyman
the first platform (up and to the right of falcon's starting position) on his target test. the thing is, i dont just jump on the platform, i fullhop/DJ and hit it with either nair or uair and then land. it's really tough to figure out the optimization on that very first target. the WR uses fullhop nair but the TAS uses turnaround uair
Ah okay I understand the question more. Frame perfect DJ is exactly as fast as Fullhop. Nair is 2 frames faster than upair cos it has less hitlag. You have to hit with the second hit though, it's kinda hard.

Top Bottom