• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Version 1.1.1 Pac-Man Patch notes

SafCar

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0645-5834-8488
RNG notwithstanding, G&W can Dthrow combo us at mid percents (He's one of the remaining few to not get his nerfed), he can duck under some of our aerials/fruit, and he's doesn't telegraph his attacks as much. He has some damage nerfs, but his smashes still hurt and Judgement is a prevalent threat even if we can Trampoline away from a Dthrow early percents.

We have to get the match down to where G&W is predictable, but we need to be careful that we don't wind up getting predictable ourselves.

QUBiX

Smash Cadet
Can we get some videos of all this "new" stuff? As a pac main i've been trying to patiently wait to see what the shield pressure and safer tech looks like in this new patch. My 2DS decided to die before the patch dropped so I haven't been able to try it for myself..

SafCar

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0645-5834-8488
Yeah, I mean, it's not like capture cards are expensive or inaccessible, am I right? :glare:

QUBiX

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I mean, it's not like capture cards are expensive or inaccessible, am I right? :glare:
Don't be mean :urg: expensive is relative, especially for poor nerds like me. lol. The patch barely came out and I'm sure someone will be able to help us out with some footage of the fresh pac-attack. I'm just really curious to see the improved hydrant+z-drop pressure. Everything else I can use my imagination for, but I want to see shields almost break with my own eyes. haha :laugh:

Last edited:

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
I have a question, what happend if someone block hydrant + melon (Zdrop)? were they blocked 17F on the shield?

xzx

Smash Lord
Yeah I video of PAC-MAN's shieldbreaker Z-drop Key to Hydrant to Nair would be appreciated!

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Show me the shield break and it's all I'll practice for the rest of the week!

verbatim

Smash Ace
I did this last week, if I ever get free time (if) I'll record with my broken black magic recorder and put up a version with bad sound quality.

QUBiX

Smash Cadet
May I get a link to the source please?
Regarding the dispute of sources for the new shield stun:

Nu~ Nu~ is right. Your source produces wrong shield stun values, but I have gone and fixed the previous formula that was used in your link. Now it outputs the correct shield stun and frame advantage for us to use. It seems like it was a bit outdated with previously assumed values for the new stun formula. Thanks for sharing this original tool!:joyful:

https://trinket.io/python/05b337446d?toggleCode=true

QUBiX

Smash Cadet
Just a newly competitive sm4sh player. Been playing Pacman off and on for a few months on my 2DS, and I finally decided to really get into this game and the smashboards community.:estatic:

ZeoLightning

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeoLightning
3DS FC
5455-9919-4674
I have a question, what happend if someone block hydrant + melon (Zdrop)? were they blocked 17F on the shield?
I havent tried but i dont have many chances to test it with people since i dont live with anyone who plays smash, try it out though

verbatim

Smash Ace
js if anyone can do the shieldbreak combo in under 5 minutes you can just upload the replay to youtube from the game pad.

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
I can record it guys, send me the replay and I'll do it or I'll try to do it and record

BSP

Smash Legend
I've already pulled off the shield break combo in a for glory match, and I didn't even need to use a Nair after the hydrant + key hits. The only problem is that once you land it once, they'll never sit in shield under you again while you have a key.

SafCar

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0645-5834-8488
Hydrant, then land and throw key at the water/hydrant. I don't think we can throw items down if we spawn hydrant first, and we can't spawn Hydrant fast enough for the key to hit it when thrown first.

BSP

Smash Legend
throw the key down then?
No, Z drop the key from your hand and then drop the hydrant. You have to make sure the Key hits their shield first, or else it's not a true blockstring.

Also, I never got any seconds on a galaxian knockback change. I guess it was just me? I'm not sure how to verify it or anything.

QUBiX

Smash Cadet
I've already pulled off the shield break combo in a for glory match, and I didn't even need to use a Nair after the hydrant + key hits. The only problem is that once you land it once, they'll never sit in shield under you again while you have a key.
Even better. Save the shield break to end the first stock and condition your opponent from there. They will have to respect you from then on, and if they don't they will get their shield broken. At that point they can't spot dodge if you're above them so they are forced to roll either direction. Pac has great tools to counter people rolling in fear. This can be another huge factor of controlling space and the pace of the match.

EDIT: Maybe we can incorporate and preemptive trap before initiating the shield break to limit our opponent's space. Drop a trampoline and trap the opponent in between. If you initiate the shield break they will have to roll into the trampoline, or roll the opposite way.
We can mix up the sequence of item drops depending on the read-
* If they get scared and shield: we drop the key first for the true blockstring and break their shield.
* If they telegraph a roll: we drop the hydrant first to control the space under you and key them as they bounce up from the trampoline, or roll the other direction.

Just a thought..

Last edited:

verbatim

Smash Ace
No, Z drop the key from your hand and then drop the hydrant. You have to make sure the Key hits their shield first, or else it's not a true blockstring.

Also, I never got any seconds on a galaxian knockback change. I guess it was just me? I'm not sure how to verify it or anything.
I meant that you could throw the key down on the second or third time once you've conditioned them to fear the shieldbreak combo.

Top Bottom