• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Version 1.0.3 is out!!

JoeInky

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JoeInky
3DS FC
4596-9442-7695
For all we know there could have been no changes to the characters whatsoever.

'Balance changes to make the game more enjoyable' could just be something we'd never realistically notice like a 1.5% spawn rate reduction for Mr Saturn, considering this is Sakurai we're talking about.

xgina

Smash Cadet
has anyone tested out stuff like the amount of time it takes for stuff like the yellow devil or the flying man to respawn? when i read 'make for a more pleasant gaming experience' in the update details that was one of the first things that came to mind.

JoeInky

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JoeInky
3DS FC
4596-9442-7695
has anyone tested out stuff like the amount of time it takes for stuff like the yellow devil or the flying man to respawn? when i read 'make for a more pleasant gaming experience' in the update details that was one of the first things that came to mind.
I just tested it out (using the hold L to play at 1/4 speed option to make sure it exploded at the same time in both versions) and it does take a bit longer to respawn in the update, though I'm not sure if that's just due to random variation or not because it's the first time I've ever played the non-omega version of that stage.

Yeah I tried it a second time and the updated version respawned quicker, no changes there.

Last edited:

vermouthraines

Smash Rookie
I really hope they adjust the drop rate of new mii hats. I've been stuck at 52/55 for the last 3 weeks and that's all I need to unlock everything 100%. I've gotten so bored running classic mode

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I really hope they adjust the drop rate of new mii hats. I've been stuck at 52/55 for the last 3 weeks and that's all I need to unlock everything 100%. I've gotten so bored running classic mode
You're more fortunate than I am, as I'm still about 10 hats short, and yet I end up getting duplicates way more than anything actually new.

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
Tried to scan the QR code but got a "software not available" response :/

cFive

Smash Apprentice
is there a way to message nintendo and tell them that the community is missing out on patch notes? :/
i mean after all nintendo is not used to make patches right?! maybe they implement patch notes in the future if they hear it is such a big concern for us....

cFive

Smash Apprentice
somebody tried gaw + pika yet?
this was clearly the most broken thing in the game

JoeInky

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JoeInky
3DS FC
4596-9442-7695
I seen someone claim Falco's dair is faster, can someone confirm if it is?
It's exactly the same.

Alot of the changes people are seeing are just because they want something changed so much that they delude themselves into thinking it's different, even slightly.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Can someone test this:

I tried testing it before the patch but I couldn't get it to happen then. It's apparently easy to do, I just don't exactly know how to do it.

It's something I've wanted to see fixed though, because it heavily nerfs Duck Hunt Duo against Rosalina.

burrhe

Smash Cadet
The only change I can confirm is on the For Glory Records they fixed the play time display (it would previously show 3 digits after the hour digit eg/ 6:378, but it now shows 6:37)

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
I'd say if they fixed something to do with any major mechanics e.g. rolling, dodging, grabs, certain character moves, they would have written it in the patch notes. I'm guessing they didn't specify what they fixed as it wasn't really anything that would bother us.
Still, it would've been nice to know.

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
The only change I can confirm is on the For Glory Records they fixed the play time display (it would previously show 3 digits after the hour digit eg/ 6:378, but it now shows 6:37)
What? I don't remember seeing this, did I just never pay attention to the time in For Glory?

burrhe

Smash Cadet
What? I don't remember seeing this, did I just never pay attention to the time in For Glory?

been playing for 2 hours 131 mins when this was taken... right? xD

But yeah this appears to be the only change so far. As for the connection errors being fixed I barely got them in 1.0.2, but after the update played it for 30 mins and got 4 errors :/

If anything to do with rolls has been nerfed it isn't noticeable, NINTENDO WHY YOU NO RELEASE PATCH NOTES!

Last edited:

K-45

Smash Journeyman
Can anyone confirm is Megaman still has rush cancel.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Another important note, even simple bug fixes will affect balance.

Looking forward to reading people's attempts to find major changes, but I doubt we'll find much yet.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So is anyone else having problems downloading the patch? My internet connection is stable and adequate right now:

But my download seems dead at 6%. And I have checked to see if my 3DS is getting a good signal, and it is. Everything else is working normally, this download just isn't moving for some reason.

Hugo154

Smash Rookie
So is anyone else having problems downloading the patch? My internet connection is stable and adequate right now:

But my download seems dead at 6%. And I have checked to see if my 3DS is getting a good signal, and it is. Everything else is working normally, this download just isn't moving for some reason.
Hm, I just downloaded it a few minutes ago without any trouble.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well it's at 9% now, but it's definitely being unusually slow.

I might just be a busy day for the servers today.

Matthew Rondello

Smash Rookie
I read something about Shulk being faster so I tested both versions and if I didn't mess up my timing Shulk is faster but only by like 10 milliseconds

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Where do I download this? online mode tells me to download it on the e-shop but the e-shop doesn't show me the patch at all

MattTheGameFreak

Smash Apprentice
Moves like Palutena's reflector seem to have more pushback. Grabs and the general flow of how moves work seem to be smoother? Maybe I've fallen into the category of, "This man thinks the medicine did something, but it was just a sugar pill." But really, Ike for instance seems more responsive to me now, and his jabs work better with his throw now, or maybe I've just attained a new level of skillhood? o.O

Almost everything is impossible to confirm, without Nintendo's patch-notes. I remember the days where they released new firmware, and gave us nothing in terms of what the firmware did. Are we back to those dark ages? O.O

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
It's downloading really slowly for me, jeez what's in it anyway? I'm a bit surprised since I saw a patch note shortly before it started and it was very short.

That's a whole lotta "stability".

MattTheGameFreak

Smash Apprentice
It's downloading really slowly for me, jeez what's in it anyway? I'm a bit surprised since I saw a patch note shortly before it started and it was very short.

That's a whole lotta "stability".
It should only take five or so minutes. I do believe there have been changes, as my previous post states... Nothing major in the sense of shield lag increasing or anything like that, but perhaps subtle changes.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
It should only take five or so minutes. I do believe there have been changes, as my previous post states... Nothing major in the sense of shield lag increasing or anything like that, but perhaps subtle changes.
Really?

It's been about 10 minutes and it's barely been filled at all. (It has noticeably increased but not by a lot.....)

Last edited:
Top Bottom