• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vent.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Queenie called it perfectly. I mean in melee we basically knew that Shiz, Chops, Speedn, and Colbol were gonna **** everybody pritty much every tourney. Their skills simply outclassed everyone else and most of Florida knew what the top 4 was gonna look like each tourney. Now that theres a new game the other 99% of Florida has a chance at winning some money in smash and that is quite exciting to a lot of people.

However, as of right now I don't ever see Brawl being anywhere near as good a competitive game as melee.

skrach8

Smash Lord
whenever u want man. ryan is gunna take first.

I actually retract my previous statement about checkers and chess. I started to hate the metagame of melee, due to retarted camping and waiting. People are too afraid to mix it up, thus making the game boring. We have to learn how to get away from spamming.... which will never happen. But the ones who learn to not use noob tactics such as those will be beast.

Join me in the revolution, viva la revolution.

Zoro

Smash Champion
I dont like brawl cuz i know id never get to that point of winning in melee
If we kept playing melee for a few more years I would have never stopped trying to get better at the end i actually felt that i was getting good and i didnt want to stop playing .
I dont think of it as an easier way for me to make a name for myself or win tournaments.
I like brawl thats it I like toonlink and I like wario. I like the new characters and i like how they play.
I want to do the best that i can and thats all it comes down to. Also i wasnt HORRIBLE in melee... :(
i mean i was bad but people talk to me like i sucked in melee and am only doing well cuz brawl is a nub *** game(which i aint sayin its not).

slim de la crim

Smash Apprentice
chess to checkers

nice

I was thinkin the same thing hbox. chess to checkers is good comparison. lol

personally brawl is real fun. probably more fun in melees and team matches than singles. the singles are boring to play and watch. but thats all i can c brawl bein; jus a fun game.

sometimes whats carries longevity is not whats fun but whats competitve. and i think even the brawl-heads can admit to the lack of competition.

WELL...

LIKE I SAID BEFORE. SMASH IS LIKE A *****. WELL IN THIS CASE 2 *****ES. ON 1 SIDE YOU HAVE MELEE, THIS ***** HAS BEEN DOWN WIT YO *** FOR SINCE AS LONG AS YOU BEEN PLAYING IT. SHE PUT UP WIT YA **** AND YOU PUT UP WITH HER BUL****! MELEES MY BRIDE TO BE, WHILE BRAWL JUS SUCKS MY ****! AND I HAVE FUN WITH BRAWL BECAUSE BRAWL IS ONLY FUN WITH MORE THAN 2 PEOPLE!!!!!! LOL YA DIG......???

Renth

Smash Hero
i'm not going to go on a rant about how much I like melee more than brawl. I'd just like to add Brawl has about as much tech skill as Pong and is slower than a blonde doing math.

i'm more irriated with all the new ******* poping up all over the forums with 2 post count, joined yesterday thinking they run the place. Their threads and posts are about as useful as Helen Keller. Is this seriously what the community is turning into? :dizzy: And who's bright idea was "clans" groups of random people who will never meet each other and calling themselves good?

Over all, Brawl is slower and about as competitve as playing Marco Polo with a deaf man. It's fun, but that's what it'll always be to me. Fun and nothing else.

slim de la crim

Smash Apprentice
i'm not going to go on a rant about how much I like melee more than brawl. I'd just like to add Brawl has about as much tech skill as Pong and is slower than a blonde doing math.

i'm more irriated with all the new ******* poping up all over the forums with 2 post count, joined yesterday thinking they run the place. Their threads and posts are about as useful as Helen Keller. Is this seriously what the community is turning into? :dizzy: And who's bright idea was "clans" groups of random people who will never meet each other and calling themselves good?

Over all, Brawl is slower and about as competitve as playing Marco Polo with a deaf man. It's fun, but that's what it'll always be to me. Fun and nothing else.

i said the same thing....

i aint tryna down brawl, but i just dont want a great game to be abandoned because the new game is in town. thats it.

CaptainCrunch

Smash Ace

I laughed so hard at this post. Renth is the comparison king.

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
if you want complicated gameplay go play guilty gear - i guarantee you'll end up crying about how hard it is to play and go running back to smash bros

brawl is easy to play and fun - at least give it some time before you guys all comment about how much you hate it

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
renth, thats exactly why im going to single handlingly(sp?) end all those noob guilds/clans.
MUAHAHHA.

Melee noobs/average joes/sheer will now be brawl pros!

WIN!

but give it time, I see most of the above average players reign again lol.

?!?

Smash Lord
Holla at me if you need to hire a teams partner. I
brawl is booring IMO lol. I got really bored of it im barely online now. I liked melee so much more its has more options cuz you can move around so much more while brawl its more ariael and madd stiff on ground cuz of no wavedashing and dashdancing. more option more stuff to learn imo. brawl has les options so the game really is rock paper scissors now while melee had more than 3 options one wrong move in brawl and you get ***** I notice

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I liked melee so much more its has more options cuz you can move around so much more while brawl its more ariael and madd stiff on ground cuz of no wavedashing and dashdancing.
oh wow...this sentence gives me a headache....it just keeps going....gah

CaptainCrunch

Smash Ace
Have you guys played melee recently. I like the game so much better than brawl. Don't get me wrong I like brawl alot, but I love melee. I just felt the rush of blood and the speed of the game. I had to think so much more because my mind was doing more things. It was thinking about L-cancels and all the advanced techniques while looking for opening and watching out for counter attacks.

I don't have as much fun in brawl.
I'm glad I got to play melee today cuz you really don't appreciate what you have til you lose it. man I'd love to see melee tournaments again.

TedBoosley

Smash Ace
I like how this crap stays open, but my quotes thread gets closed after being nothing but hilarious. And we didn't even get a moderator posting, giving us a reason why, either. Probably too embarrassed that he was closing such a popular thread, and didn't want to get any backlash.

Maybe I'll get warned for this post.

CaptainCrunch

Smash Ace
Of course this is still open .it connects directly to smash tournaments because major participants are pondering the questions stated in the beggining and are facing similar situations that could further affect the outcome of smash tourneys. Leaving this thread open will clarify the intentions of smash goers everywhere and solidify our tournament comeout to make for a more stable tournament roster which will result in Lan Centers getting more business thus solving Americas economic problems.. Hell this **** should be stickied.

-Chad-

Slackerator
I like how this crap stays open, but my quotes thread gets closed after being nothing but hilarious. And we didn't even get a moderator posting, giving us a reason why, either. Probably too embarrassed that he was closing such a popular thread, and didn't want to get any backlash.

Maybe I'll get warned for this post.
I so wanted to post in that thread too : (

derf

Smash Ace
yea id be very disappointed if the mods closed this. this is the only thread in atlantic south where people are debating the merits of both games. and veteran tourney goers saying which game they prefer and why is very important right now

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Actually I was going to close this but since you are all having a discussion about the same subject and not just some random dude complaining I decided to leave it open.

Tedboosley, the next time you make a topic like that also post to please leave it open. And im also going to pretend you didn't say that other stuff either.

I'm trying to nice here =]

TedBoosley

Smash Ace
Actually I was going to close this but since you are all having a discussion about the same subject and just some random dude complaining, I decided to leave it open.

Tedboosley, the next time you make a topic like that, also post to please leave it open. And im also going to pretend you did not said that other stuff either.

I'm trying to nice here =]
Thanks, buddy. <3

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
Seriously though, I'm going to be laughing when like 1 year from now we are all completey into brawl and its a super competitive game, and we all laughed about we were in denial. Seriously guys, brawl is so good. I am in complete love with it. they were playing melee today at my student lounge at school, and didnt even want to watch, I was too busy playing brawl.

-hiro

Top Bottom