• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

MacD

Banned via Administration
double rusty peach = top 5 in teams though

if someone didn't know us somehow and looked at our singles placings and then teams.... man they'd be salty about double peach

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
loooool

I'll just say this: I've been hearing people say that you guys got 5th in teams cause Peach is braindead in teams, and you didn't deserve the placing.

I find it kind of funny, now.

MacD

WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE

TELL THEM TO TEAMS MM US AND TO SINGLES MM US

HELL WE'LL BOTH NOT USE DSMASH IN TEAMS AND STILL DESTROY THEM

*****ES NEED TO BACK UP OFF

yeee

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
can you really not use dsmash, mccain? this question isn't can you beat most teams w/o it, because that's obviously true.

Cia

das kwl
I mean, we could have practiced and just ***** everyone the "correct" way.

But not practicing and spamming dsmash seemed way more fun

-----

On srs note. It's 2013. If dsmash is still ****** you, you deserve to lose.

:phone:

MacD

and oh how fun it was just spamming dsmash!!!

and when someone who complains about dsmash really pisses me off, i'll proceed to do 1 of 2 things: only . use dsmash to beat them or not use dsmash at all.

then maybe they'll realize i'm just better. sure dsmash helps, but i'll beat you without it dumb***

and thanks turazzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!

Prince_Abu

Smash Lord
u play puff wtf

why do you keep running/jumping/puffing into dsmash
1. i never run into or jump into d smash
2. i paly other chars
3. theres no reason y peach players shud b able to spam down on the c stk when theyre panicking and get a free 60%

MacD

why do you guys insist on making the peach boards the worst thing ever??

i remember back in the day i didn't want to hang myself 75% of the time i came here

MacD

well you've already got step one down, call out the idiots

you get bonus points for using gif's btw, but not silly kyle gifs. they are normally trashy and might get you infracted.

crush

Smash Master
why want mccains approval he has annoying voice

i agree aboo boo dsmash is the most unbalance thing in melee . at least marth chain grabs and waveshine upsmash u need to be technical

sup ryo can I call u beet

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
why want mccains approval he has annoying voice

i agree aboo boo dsmash is the most unbalance thing in melee . at least marth chain grabs and waveshine upsmash u need to be technical

sup ryo can I call u beet
Only if i can call you rush.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
also I found out that i can use peach well for exactly one stock. afterward she falls apart :[

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
Sorry for the wait! This is just Match 1 LOL(I wrote alot). I'm not gonna critique Match 2 because I didn't realized how time consuming this was. But what I noticed in Match 2 was that you did not chaingrab at all, and that's one of the strong points of pick FD. I don't know the chaingrab percentages, if someone can tell me that'd be cool c:

MATCH 1

I GOT THIS. Feel completely free to correct me on things you may think are faulty: I don't have as much experience as you, so I will go by what I see and know.

0:07: When you got the trade with Fair, I feel like you should have stayed a little closer. I wouldn't say complete run in (It wasn't that hard of a hit, and he instantly teched), but that was a chance to run and gather middle stage. Like, I would say go a little bit past the first platform. After that he caught you WD around, got a grab and got 2 Upairs. You did an instant float, try to dair, which I don't particularly like. At the distance you were at, you couldn't come down with FC attack, it would still have the lag, and its easy to snipe you with an upair from that height. The way you died that stock was because of that float, maybe if you weaved back a little , you would only take an upair(which is what I'm guessing you originally expected, but got a knee.)

0:43: The bair you did to egdeguard should have stayed on stage. Your mobility and control suffers when you go out like that. You can do it, but it was a weird edgeguard/you don't have the lead so I think it would be best to stay on stage.

0:53: That fair wasn't good either. Not only is it more laggy, you are offstage again, and he got back control of the stage. But I really like that jump back nair you did to punish his shield grab, but I think there are faster things(Not really sure on this, but just to throw in there, his shield grab was TERRIBLE LOL. He was clearly turned around) After the bair you did on his shield, maybe grab would have been best.

1:03: I don't like FH Nair you did to call his Oos jump. He is at low percent, I dont think that would have lead to anything.

1:12: The punish was pretty good, but the 3rd up air was a little too much. I think you should have just waited for an attack after that and just react, not so much predict. I would predict when you have a lead, so you have a little leeway/he's already pressured.

1:20: I FELT LIKE THAT WAS THE PERFECT TIME TO FAIR/NAIR>GRAB. The spacing on his shield wasn't good, but oh well. You also could have tried to bait something out of him, not just approach on shield. Remind me; does Falcon have good Oos Options? I wouldn't think so, but I don't know for fact.

1:39: :c **** SDS man.

1:50: I'm not a fan of that movement. Idk why, it looks too unsafe. If you miss, exactly what I would think would happen, happened. Looks at you and baits something out of it.

2:08: You rushed WAY TOO EARLY with the dash attack, AND he was at low percent. You wouldn't have gotten much out of it.

2:10: On your way back from recovery, that was a really poor choice. Coming through with upairs at zero low to the ground would not help you at all/you could also be easily punished. That also cuts your movement, cause you can't back up after that, its too punishable.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Chaingrab percents vs Falcon: 1-77 (assume 0-80)

Falcon's OOS is terrible. Get him to shield = free whatever Peach wants.

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
MATCH 3

5:03: WOW. I REALLY like that sequence of attacks. All the way up 85% was beautiful. I would think it'd be better to single jab>grab him on his shield then edgeguard.

5:21: Idk about recovery vs Falcon honestly, would some like to fill me in? That low recovery seems fine to me, but I'm still not sure. I would think that the best height would be a little bit higher then where falcon can FH DJ Knee you, so you only eat up airs. Also I don't like that weak dash attack edgeguard you tried. I would have ran up and dtilted. Also, you can tech that weak hit dash attack, so the lag would you get Up B-ed. After that you ate some bad damage and lost control. You get a nice Dsmash to put it back in your favor, but you flubbed the edgeguard. But then you kill him ^__^

5:57?: I also like the d-tilt thing you got, but I feel like there are better things you can do. If you d-tilt dsmash he would have lost the stage again, or if he didnt, he'd still eat good percent. Or you could have done d-tilt to dash attack, then upair to nair or something of that effect.

6:11: That edgeguard was wonderful UNTIL he landed on the platform. I would have liked it if you did a reverse nair to send him back off. OR after that up air, you grabbed and led into either a Fthrow, or chaingrab to either read on right side platform or just jump nair.

6:40: I REALLY LIKE those fairs to get him off. However I didn't like the third one. You could have done something safer, and S2J could have taken that stage from you completely.

6:53: I don't like that dair trying to get back to the middle. Not strong enough. Also, the 2 stock lead you had, I feel like you should have camped harder.

Also you just lost your 3rd stock because you got baited to dash attack/dsmash. Idk what to say about that. Then that last stock again, you had an 80% lead, you could have CCed and camped a little, don't let the momentum get to you, keep safe.

Thoughts?

Edit: Thanks Shrouded. So that would say what I was thinking was right: That you could just bait something Oos and then punish what he does, but what is the best thing to do in that situation(Falcon Shields; you want to bait something). If I could guess, float over his SH aerials?

Top Bottom