• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vanpool, developer of Dillon's Rolling Western & Kirby, Shuts Down

SI_3DSDS_DillonsRollingWestern2_image1600w.jpg

Remember Dillon's Rolling Western? Vanpool, the team behind the series and co-developer of the recent Kirby games, has made the decision to shut down.

As of today, the studio is no longer in operation. A statement was shared on the official website to confirm The team mentions various circumstances over disbanding but no specifics, along with their gratitude.

Vanpool has been around 1999,developing some of the Tingle games and the Dillon's Rolling Western series. The studio also co-developed Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga and many of the recent Kirby games, including Kirby and the Forgotten Land and Kirby's Return to Dreamland. Here's a full catalog of Vanpool's titles.

Author's Note: Man, sad to see Vanpool go. Didn't even know they worked on Superstar Saga. I love that game! Will you miss Vanpool? Let us know!

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

Adios Rangers, you will not be forgotten. Hope you return one day Red Flash.
Also, I didn't know they worked on Superstar Saga and the recent kirby games

A shame indeed. Dillon's a damn cool mascot, and I hoped to see more of his series someday, and for it to find more popularity. While that's obviously not out of the realm of possibility, I'm sure we all know how unlikely it is.

So long, pardner. Here's to hoping there will be a next time

Top Bottom