• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vanilla PM 3.02 won't launch

Emg3

Smash Cadet
Im attempting to download the hackless wii zip full set. Every time I go to launch it through stage builder the launcher comes up but when I hit play the screen goes dark and the wii freezes. I have a 2gb san disk sd card that is unlocked and formatted. Im using Vanilla PM as well. I've used this sd card since 2.0 and have had no problems so I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong this time around. Ive gone through the trouble shooting guide and done everything it said to do and it just won't work. Is there something else I need to download to get 3.02 to work? thanks for the help!

Mean Green

Smash Lord
It's happened to me occasionally on hackless during the time I used it, but I mostly just use the homebrew method now, since I'm at the character screen in about 1/4 the time. The freeze you described doesn't happen too often now, so I would suggest giving homebrew a try if your new download didn't work.

Emg3

Smash Cadet
thanks for the response. Is there no way to solve my issue without having to get homebrew? I'm horrible with this sort of stuff which is why I use the hackless version haha. Id rather find a way to make this method work then try and mod my wii.

Mean Green

Smash Lord
thanks for the response. Is there no way to solve my issue without having to get homebrew? I'm horrible with this sort of stuff which is why I use the hackless version haha. Id rather find a way to make this method work then try and mod my wii.
I thought the exact same thing. Until I tried it. Literally, the hardest part of installing homebrew was sitting through this guy's boring 8 minute youtube video, and a captcha on another page lol. I think there's a wikihow link on maybe the 3rd google result of "how to install homebrew on wii" which can help you do it in no time. Maybe even 5-10 minutes until you're loading project M without going through Brawl.
But if you don't want to try homebrew, you might have to wait awhile for someone who can actually help, to even notice your thread. If that's the case, you should click Thread Tools, and edit the title letting people know you still want more answers.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
What I normally recommend to do when the Project M launcher isn't working is to try loading via Gecko OS instead:

• Install GeckoOS to your SD card (download link, copy the boot.elf from /Gecko1931/HBC/Gecko1931/ to your SD card root)
  • Load GeckoOS via the Stage Builder, as usual
  • Boot game

No homebrew required (though it does make this stuff a little easier)

[NameGoesHere]

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4356-2722-9069
What I normally recommend to do when the Project M launcher isn't working is to try loading via Gecko OS instead:

• Install GeckoOS to your SD card (download link, copy the boot.elf from /Gecko1931/HBC/Gecko1931/ to your SD card root)
  • Load GeckoOS via the Stage Builder, as usual
  • Boot game

No homebrew required (though it does make this stuff a little easier)
for anyone who was wondering this works

Top Bottom