• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
**** posting aside.

Luigi just got nerfed out of relevance. Luigi is just another boring character with crappy combos and no good kill options now. Matches will take even longer.

Against all odds, they just managed to make smash4 even worse.

Bravo

Also I literally just signed up for Genesis in both games, so if anyone wants to take my spot in Wii U, let me know.
Wtf are you talking about they didnt do practically anything to Luigi, all they did was take away his braindead dthrow fair fair regrab and dthrow down b, he still has his Build a Bair combos and kill confirms out of throws with rising weakspot nair into down b, all they did was force you to learn combos.

Last edited:

Shamsy

FIST OF JUSTICE
NNID
Shamsy92
Luigi is still ******** lol, with guaranteed combos on a majority of the cast. He lost his gay ass regrab auto combo and that's it really.

Espurr's Eyes

Smash Cadet
Patching in smash is interesting, but honestly I think the most appealing aspect of melee/64 is the fact that you make do with what a character is given. Nobody gets to say "please nerf fox" or "omg icies lost wobbling better switch mains." Patches in PM/Sm4sh really only bring more controversy to the table in my opinion. Just my opinion though.

Gottim

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm in the Logan area and I'm wondering if there's any community around here at all, particularly for project m

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Wtf are you talking about they didnt do practically anything to Luigi, all they did was take away his braindead dthrow fair fair regrab and dthrow down b, he still has his Build a Bair combos and kill confirms out of throws with rising weakspot nair into down b, all they did was force you to learn combos.
who the **** are you???

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I used to accept requests to the group constantly but then one day a couple months ago I just wasnt an Admin anymore so I cant now.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I used to accept requests to the group constantly but then one day a couple months ago I just wasnt an Admin anymore so I cant now.
Yea me too, I think it was because I added everyone that tried to join even the random 60 year old guys.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I think sinz is taking a break due to school, I'm in Logan though, just pm me or whatever and maybe we can get down
Sadly this is the case. I'm working 2 jobs and doing school. I don't really have any time right now.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Sadly this is the case. I'm working 2 jobs and doing school. I don't really have any time right now.
He really doesn't. I went to hang out with him once, and he was coding like he was a responsible adult or something. The nerve.

Juan pWn!

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mr.gamer76
3DS FC
3497-1497-6084
I want to go to these tournaments badly but living in a town 2 hours away from salt lake not knowing how to drive is making me suffer, I want to practice in these tournaments to do better and meet great players ;-;

Steezy22

Smash Cadet
Any melee going on tonight? I could ppotentiallyhost as well. I'm off work @ 5. Let's play some melee!!

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
rivals is such a sick game i just want to kill myself over how good it is

Blues17

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blues17
3DS FC
3179-6103-8458
Anybody else click the "Go to First Unread" button, see the first unread post for a split second, then just get taken right back to the top? Any fixes?

Blues17

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blues17
3DS FC
3179-6103-8458
press the "end" button on your keyboard
The problem with this is that if I don't check smashboards and there are a lot of new comments I still have to scroll up to find the first one I haven't seen.

Yes, I know I'm complaining about to having to scroll a little wheel to see things shared by people hours away from me, and I also realize how silly that is in the grand scheme of "back in my day scurvy up hill both ways to slave labor and we liked it".

Dendros

Smash Apprentice
Via USU eSports club:

Hello Everyone!

We have decided to host our Super Smash Bros 4 tournament the Friday of fall break the 16th. It will begin at 9am with an 8 am registration time. Here are a few more details about it.

We will have both 1v1 and 2v2s for this tournament. The fee for 1v1s is $3, and 2v2s is $6.

If you bring a WiiU and Smash4 we will waive your fee for one of the events that you participate in. (If you are willing to bring your WiiU please email us back.) Last year we had zero problems with anyones equipment being damaged.

If you want to play please bring your own controller.

Anyone is allowed to this event! You do not need to be a USU student to come and play!

Last year we had a great time with this event so I really hope you all will come and have an amazing time this year too!

You'll regret not coming to the tournament, I Ganon-tee it(:

USULEAGUEOFGAMERS@GMAIL.COM

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
Tsuteto Tsuteto is banned from this upcoming tuesday provo game den weekly for excessive rage demonstrated at the october monthly at kafaneio. this is just a single day ban. warnings have been issued before. future incidents will show exponential growth to punishment (i.e. banned from 1 event -> 2 events -> 4 events -> 8 events -> etc.).

Sandfall

Stage Designer
Via USU eSports club:

Hello Everyone!

We have decided to host our Super Smash Bros 4 tournament the Friday of fall break the 16th. It will begin at 9am with an 8 am registration time. Here are a few more details about it.

We will have both 1v1 and 2v2s for this tournament. The fee for 1v1s is $3, and 2v2s is $6.

If you bring a WiiU and Smash4 we will waive your fee for one of the events that you participate in. (If you are willing to bring your WiiU please email us back.) Last year we had zero problems with anyones equipment being damaged.

Anyone is allowed to this event! You do not need to be a USU student to come and play!

Last year we had a great time with this event so I really hope you all will come and have an amazing time this year too!

9am on a Friday morning? That's sooooooooo dumb. I live walking distance from the venue and I'm not even sure if I'm going to show up at that time. I know it's break and all, but still, that's really awful scheduling...

Espurr's Eyes

Smash Cadet
Via USU eSports club:

Hello Everyone!

If I brought a Melee setup to this who would play friendlies?

Dendros

Smash Apprentice
9am on a Friday morning? That's sooooooooo dumb. I live walking distance from the venue and I'm not even sure if I'm going to show up at that time. I know it's break and all, but still, that's really awful scheduling...
Tell me about it. I emailed back just to make sure the time wasn't a typo. I hope it is actually at 8 pm

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
Tsuteto Tsuteto is banned from this upcoming tuesday provo game den weekly for excessive rage demonstrated at the october monthly at kafaneio. this is just a single day ban. warnings have been issued before. future incidents will show exponential growth to punishment (i.e. banned from 1 event -> 2 events -> 4 events -> 8 events -> etc.).
This is ****ing hilarious

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I can't tell if this is serious lmao

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
that's ok i'll make it audioless to put a track over it. i just want it audioless to save space to begin with lol

Last edited:

Blues17

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blues17
3DS FC
3179-6103-8458
Rivals is more gimmicy than PM and I mean that.

That said I'd rather have no grabs than grab armor.

Top Bottom