• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
There are pros that use the wiimote+nun chuck controller and do well. It's just a matter of what you're comfortable using and most people prefer the vc controller for that reason. And I agree, we need to practice for salt fest. Is the monthly still on for April?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
guys PC saw me today walking right by my house and he didn't even honk at me
what a jerk should i take his lunch money

aren't there monthly tournaments hosted? when's that gunna go down? I need practice for salt fest. gotta be in tip top shape so utah doesn't look free to m2k

man wish P:M was at salt fest it's actually pretty dope
I was going to honk, but I didn't want to risk it not being you. I also didn't want to startle everyone else as well. And I don't have lunch money since I don't really eat lunch (at least eat out for lunch at the very least). :p

And with the cancellation of Sunday of Salt Fest and the schedule change that came from it, there's a good chance that M2K won't be able to come, unfortunately. Regardless, UT would have looked free to M2K no matter how much we practice at this point. XD

I also thought about running P:M at Salt Fest, even as a small side event, but there's not enough publicity in the state of Utah and support for it to actually get a decent turnout. Also the fact that we're already short on set-ups as it is makes it even more problematic.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Well, if you people really want, try to get a poll of who's interested and what not for P:M and such. If it's a small turnout, two TVs may be enough, but having some sort of gameplan is better than none :p

That goes for you too Z'z about doing PSABR

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
A poll won't really help, due to many factors. Most people from our scene won't even preregister for Salt Fest, so who knows what the turnout for even the main Smash events will be, let alone any side events. Even worse, most of the scene haven't even RSVP'ed on the Salt Fest thread, despite that being free and only taking a few clicks, so I can't except a poll for P:M to be voted on. And even if people somehow miraculously vote in said poll, there's no guaranteed that they'll actually enter (as, again, no one is even willing to pre-reg). So I find that a poll for P:M interest would be pretty meaningless to make.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Yes, you're not going to get every fly in the trap, but still, you'll have a better idea, because all you know at this point is that Meat and You would do it. If you get two other people, then it's something more substantial.

Get what you can and go from there. Over estimation is always good. At the very least I could tell you that I most likely would not enter a P:M tourney at this point, but that can always change in the whole month that we have still.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
There definitely wouldnt be enough for PSA, everyone in this state who plays it is way too poor and/or busy to pay that much for PSA, and the ones that have the money are almost always busy on even just normal tournament days. We'd get like, 8 people at best with that price.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I like p:m but considering we have to run both melee and brawl in one day, I don't think it would be wise to run p:m as well. I've found that when we run multiple tournaments at the same time, the biggest delays aren't lack of setups, but the fact that both tournaments end up waiting for the same few people that go far in both games. And that wait seems like it is almost every other set. So throwing in a third smash game into that would make it hard to finish a big tournament all in one day.

wangston

Smash Lord
I like p:m but considering we have to run both melee and brawl in one day, I don't think it would be wise to run p:m as well. I've found that when we run multiple tournaments at the same time, the biggest delays aren't lack of setups, but the fact that both tournaments end up waiting for the same few people that go far in both games. And that wait seems like it is almost every other set. So throwing in a third smash game into that would make it hard to finish a big tournament all in one day.
qft

Considering there is nothing going on Sunday because of mothers day we should stick to brawl and melee. Anything else would make the tourneys go til 4 in the morning and I doubt the venue would be open that late.

Actually lets have Smash 64, BBrawl, Brawl +, Brawl -, PM, and PM v3. ZOMG THAT WOULD BE SOO 1337!11!!!!!111!!!1!!!

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
yo guys trying to get healthier as I said earlier, finally nutted up and tried a really simple stir fry recipe that turned out AWESOME.

start cooking rice, wait ~10 minutes
preheat pan to medium temp, add olive oil
chop green onions (scallops) and garlic while pan heats
aggressively stir in garlic and scallops for 1-2 minutes
add veggies/mushrooms, stir to ensure even heating for another 5-7 minutes (keep checking your rice!)
add soy sauce and a premixed small amount of water and corn starch to thicken the sauce
stir until nice brown color, add red peppers (i put in a **** load)

grab giant bowl
insert rice
cover in sauce and veggies
****ing GODLIKE

can't believe how easy this was to do. now i gotta do a ****load of dishes, but it was mega worth it, gunna make this dish ~5 times a week
really easy, really tasty, really healthy
cook for the ladies, dudes. great way to show your value as a mate and individual who takes his health seriously as well as one who develops skills

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
i know a **** load about reading body language and how to display value without looking needy or desperate, too
common sense to a lot of people but to me growing up fat with no attention from girls it was a skill i never developed naturally
had to hit the books ya dig

ASLC

Smash Apprentice
Ok a few things happening. First of all, we are still having our monthly but it's now known as the Salt Fest pre party. There will be pc, fighting games, cosplayers, etc. there. It's literally going to be a very very small version of what Salt Fest is going to be come May. Key word here is very small. It's basically going to be a promotion for Salt Fest to hype it up so that we can get as many people as we can going. The Salt Fest pre party will be April 20th.

On that note. We have several promotions going on for Salt Fest currently. This will make people want to sign up for the convention if they haven't already done so:
1. Use this promo code when checking out to get $10 off your badge BJGRXTGO1RRF.
2. If you need a hotel or know out of state players that will be needing a hotel this will also make you happy. Up until April 18th, we will be giving up to 4 badges if you book a hotel and email us the reservation to registration@utahfightcircuit.com

There you go. If you still feel going to this convention is unreasonable, then you have never been to a convention before. We are offering way too much stuff for anyone who likes video games to overlook this convention. Seriously, even if you're not competitive there's so much video game related stuff going on that it's not even funny.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Yes, you're not going to get every fly in the trap, but still, you'll have a better idea, because all you know at this point is that Meat and You would do it. If you get two other people, then it's something more substantial.
You missed my point, it would seem. Following your metaphor, the fact is that the flies are all too lazy to even fly means that they won't be caught in any trap. There's already a similar poll for something more significant, and yet that isn't even getting the "votes" from most of our core community... So a poll for P:M would be a waste of my time.

And as much as I want one, I've already decided very early on that P:M won't happen, barring some miracle. But with the cut of Salt Fest back to 2 days, it's definitely not going to happen. So there's really no need for people to debate on how it shouldn't happen.

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
pc i want to play p:m
isn't that a miracle?

oh well guys the man said we can all go **** ourselves so we should proceed to do that
norah jones tho https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO4dxvguQDk

yo so who's playing some melee or marvel this weekend
or nyquil (P:M)

i'm down for whatev. i remember some dude saying he's playing on sunday. is that still the case some dude
i think it was dankston or igotabigwangston or something

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Hello and welcome! Glad to have you here :) Usual questions, who are you, who/what do you play, what part of Utah are you in, how did you come to this corner of the interne t, etc. </interrogation>

Rayn of Utah

Smash Cadet
Ok, well I'll give out my first name but not my last name. My name is Cornelius, I live in Provo Utah, and I actually play more than just video games. I obviously play Brawl, I'm also a huge Zelda and Metroid fan. I'll play C.O.D. And Halo when I get the chance... Other than video games, I play Rugby, I dance (Ballroom, Breakdancing), and I do a little Parkour. And I ended up here by starting off at "Allisbrawl.com". Then some guy told me the SSB community in UT is bigger here than it is at AllisBrawl... So here I am. :joyful:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
@PC: Yes, or I can just be lazy and ask so everyone here knows as well :)

@Rayn: Good stuff, kudos on the ballroom dancing, glad to see someone else enjoys it too (personal fan of doing a Viennese waltz). If you're able, you should come to the event in salt lake next week (typically a crew from Provo area will come up, so you might be able to hitch a ride if needed)

Staz

Smash Lord
hey rayn welcome! we have about 6 smashers in one house in provo and we play all the games you do, so if you ever want to smash message me!

A Psychiatrist

Smash Apprentice
Ok a few things happening. First of all, we are still having our monthly but it's now known as the Salt Fest pre party. There will be pc, fighting games, cosplayers, etc. there. It's literally going to be a very very small version of what Salt Fest is going to be come May. Key word here is very small. It's basically going to be a promotion for Salt Fest to hype it up so that we can get as many people as we can going. The Salt Fest pre party will be April 20th.

On that note. We have several promotions going on for Salt Fest currently. This will make people want to sign up for the convention if they haven't already done so:
1. Use this promo code when checking out to get $10 off your badge BJGRXTGO1RRF.
2. If you need a hotel or know out of state players that will be needing a hotel this will also make you happy. Up until April 18th, we will be giving up to 4 badges if you book a hotel and email us the reservation to registration@utahfightcircuit.com

There you go. If you still feel going to this convention is unreasonable, then you have never been to a convention before. We are offering way too much stuff for anyone who likes video games to overlook this convention. Seriously, even if you're not competitive there's so much video game related stuff going on that it's not even funny.
I hate to be that guy who asks a question that has already probably been answered, but when and where is the april 20th pre salt fest? The only internet I have is on my phone, and it is difficult to navigate here on it. :(

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Don't the smash events normally start at one? I know the other events normally start later, but smash has always started earlier just to allow us to have plenty of time. Is this different for the pre-salt fest party or something?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Usually they dont start until at least around 2, and usually even a bit later cuz they always start later than planned, but idk I could be wrong, it just always seems like its then.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Its not your usual monthly
So idk
It doesn't even mention the other fighting games
Just marvel
Not that we can't play smash but ya...

ASLC

Smash Apprentice
The Salt Fest pre party will have the following games:
Marvel
Street Fighter
Smash
LoL

It will be this Saturday and I hope to see you all there.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Is there a way to preregister for just the one-day pass online? We only see the option for the weekend badge.

And does that code for $10 off only apply to the weekend pass, or to the one day pass as well? I'm talking to some people that are trying to register that have these questions.

Top Bottom