• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
So two interesting things happened after the tournament tonight. The first was that, at the Sonic, one of us got asked for his phone number...by a gay guy. (Wonder if anyone can guess who of us got asked that.)
The second was that after John drove us back to Game Den from Sonic, we stayed in the car to chat for so long that his car battery died. (Luckily, I had jumper cables in my car.)

Last edited:

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
So two interesting things happened after the tournament tonight. The first was that, at the Sonic, one of us got asked for his phone number...by a gay guy. (Wonder if anyone can guess who of us got asked that.)
The second was that after John drove us back to Game Den from Sonic, we stayed in the car to chat for so long that his car battery died. (Luckily, I had jumper cables in my car.)
shout outs to @ Perfect Chaos Perfect Chaos for coming down to provo and for the clutch jumper cables save. brb, gonna ddos some mmorpg servers so pc will come out to more smash events ;-).

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
also shoutouts to @ RVKYS RVKYS for his on point commentary. in response to @Tuesday's comment on twitch chat to "stop living in the past" in terms of our meta, @ RVKYS RVKYS said, "i'm not living in the past... i'm living in utah". on... point!

RVKYS

Smash Apprentice
I'm not even gonna click on that link cuz I know its just gonna be billnye going for that same dumb charge shot read he always does and being excited he finally landed it.

Yeah commentary was a lot of fun last night! I like talking to the chat :) much better than talking about how devon prefers dreamland over yoshis for the 900th time.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
shout outs to @ Perfect Chaos Perfect Chaos for coming down to provo and for the clutch jumper cables save. brb, gonna ddos some mmorpg servers so pc will come out to more smash events ;-).
Ironically, around this time last year, the game got DDoS'ed and was down for like 2 weeks. That made the game annoying to play afterwards for a while due to needing a VPN to bypass the problems that the countermeasures caused.
I'm not even gonna click on that link cuz I know its just gonna be billnye going for that same dumb charge shot read he always does and being excited he finally landed it.
It was just him firing a Charge Shot at you point blank when you were about to knee him for the KO.

Aeriden

Smash Apprentice
It looks like I'm going to be dropping my Marth main in smash 4 so I can use him in melee.

Aeriden

Smash Apprentice
You can't do two Fairs in sm4sh with marth and the amount of lag put onto all of his moves really screw you over if you have a melee mindset

A Psychiatrist

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai apparently realized that because Falco is one the best characters in the game, Falco dittos were bound to be frequent in tournaments. To separate the pros from the scrubs, he gave Falco head invincibility on the upsmash as a hard counter to any high short hop lasers, because anyone who doesn't get their shl's crispy low deserves to get hit by Falco's worst smash attack.

clydeaker

Smash Journeyman
Anyone here live near Sandy or Cottonwood Heights Utah? Any close players or weeklies? I mostly play Smash Wii U and 3DS. I'm also trying to get into Project M as well.

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
after every vegas event i go to i can feel my smash power level rising

Blues17

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blues17
3DS FC
3179-6103-8458
after every vegas event i go to i can feel my smash power level rising
After every bopping by @941 in Grand Finals I feel like Vegeta every time he gets destroyed and comes back stronger.

Still waiting to actually come back stronger though.

Hylian_StS

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hylian_StS
3DS FC
1762-2772-5739
Anyone here live near Sandy or Cottonwood Heights Utah? Any close players or weeklies? I mostly play Smash Wii U and 3DS. I'm also trying to get into Project M as well.
I live in Davis County. I'm just getting into competitive smash, but I'd love to meet some local competition in UT

Shane M

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mrchoochootwain
3DS FC
4656-8139-1796
Im switching to day shifts, I can attend the weeklys in SLC again. if you need your Wii U with EVO customs, I can transfer them from my 3ds.

Top Bottom