• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

RVKYS

Smash Apprentice
Hey if I brought my wii and a SD card to the Provo weekly tonight could somebody help me put the 20XX hack pack on it? Been trying for like 3 days and turns out i'm actually super incompetent so....

(Einz)

Smash Rookie
What's up! Is there a byu weekly this saturday? If so me and a few kids from our high school smash club are so down! ps what game? We're not specific just curious :)

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
We're about to stream live at the Game Den Weekly in Provo! Tonight is all about Project M, and we've got doubles added into the mix! Singles starts very soon, followed by doubles right after. Join in in 5 minutes!

www.twitch.tv/gamersabbey

Chiknai

Smash Rookie
What's up! I am new to the Smash scene, haven't played a game competitively since GoW. Looking to get into the scene, practice and meet some cool people. I think I am mostly looking for PM, but I'll take whatever. I live in NSL, about 5 minutes from Salt Lake. Looking forward to get into this.

wangston

Smash Lord
I know it's in the smash directory but myself, kenny, and jacob all live together. We smash a few times a week at night. So if you want to come over feel free. We live 107 e 600 n in provo. I usally have plaid, austin, and ben come too. So if you want to be part of these provo fest let me know and I'll start texting you when I text everyone else.

Text me 502-7nine7-7zero74

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Just so people know, im never leaving this thread for the Facebook group. Im too old school.

Also can't make a power ranking ATM because my knowledge of the scene isn't like it used to be since everything's so spread out and there's been a huge influx of new talent.

A Psychiatrist

Smash Apprentice
From what I've heard the Salk Lake weeklies are going to be on Fridays, but I don't plan them so I can't be 100% sure of what's going on over here.

Spank3d

Smash Cadet
What's up! Is there a byu weekly this saturday? If so me and a few kids from our high school smash club are so down! ps what game? We're not specific just curious :)
Yea there should be a BYU tournament on Saturday, 6:30p.m. at the University Villa lounge.

I know it's in the smash directory but myself, kenny, and jacob all live together. We smash a few times a week at night. So if you want to come over feel free. We live 107 e 600 n in provo. I usally have plaid, austin, and ben come too. So if you want to be part of these provo fest let me know and I'll start texting you when I text everyone else.

Text me 502-7nine7-7zero74
Word.

Spank3d

Smash Cadet
Also, are there still car seats available to get to Vegas? I reaaaaally don't want my car to explode if I have to drive down.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
@ A Psychiatrist A Psychiatrist yes, by an overwhelming majority vote, the salt lake city weekly will be held again this friday at 6pm at the same place as before. also, since there seems to be some interest, we'll have a n64 setup along with the melee, pm, and smash 4 setups.

@ Pumpinz Pumpinz not quite up to the standard of @ -Mars- -Mars- 's official unofficial power rankings, but here is a ranking based on all the regionals that @ Tsuteto Tsuteto ran last year (fanx, salt fest, comic con, etc.), all the neumont monthlies that @bellsworth46 ran, and the provo game den weeklies.

these are computer calculated glicko ratings. obviously, the fewer matches played, the lower the confidence for that player's rating (ie high sigma).

now proceed to complain how this rating system is completely jacked up and stuff ;-).

Last edited:

Lange

Smash Journeyman
What's the Ogden weeklies like right now, that would be the closest drive for me to come down and play and get into the Utah scene a bit. Still going on and will there be any smash 4? Thanks

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Ogden weeklies do happen, not sure if they've changed venues or not. Melee based, may or may not have Smash 4 set ups for friendlies.

Pumpinz

Smash Journeyman
What's the Ogden weeklies like right now, that would be the closest drive for me to come down and play and get into the Utah scene a bit. Still going on and will there be any smash 4? Thanks
The ogden weeklies still happen at hastings on thursdays 5:00-10:30. Most of us play melee but there are always people interested in smash 4 there. The problem is nobody usually brings a smash 4 setup.

@ A Psychiatrist A Psychiatrist yes, by an overwhelming majority vote, the salt lake city weekly will be held again this friday at 6pm at the same place as before. also, since there seems to be some interest, we'll have a n64 setup along with the melee, pm, and smash 4 setups.

@ Pumpinz Pumpinz not quite up to the standard of @ -Mars- -Mars- 's official unofficial power rankings, but here is a ranking based on all the regionals that @ Tsuteto Tsuteto ran last year (fanx, salt fest, comic con, etc.), all the neumont monthlies that @bellsworth46 ran, and the provo game den weeklies.

these are computer calculated glicko ratings. obviously, the fewer matches played, the lower the confidence for that player's rating (ie high sigma).

now proceed to complain how this rating system is completely jacked up and stuff ;-).
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Last edited:

Jonas897

Smash Rookie
Hey guys I just saw that you guys just hang out and play smash bros. Well me and my brother are both very good at smash 4 and the other games (not trying to brag or anything :p) But do you guys do some competitive smashing? particularly on smash 4 3ds

BearUNLV

Esports Manager, Tournament Director
I guess Utah will let Arizona, SoCal and Tijuana take over Vegas at DVDA#7... ;)

I hope those who are going to Vegas Smash Melee's SHFFL UP AND DEAL next weekend kick ass. :D

Best of luck to y'all.

wangston

Smash Lord
Oh my, Yaz is still around?! I watched him and Kenny destroy a Brawl tournament a couple years ago. Is Kenny still around?
Still around. Yaz travels a lot for work so he doens't play much. Kenny is too busy with school, work, and his woman to smash.

I live with kenny and we still play once a week and we will have byu people over. We play on random days. If any provo/orem people want to join us feel free. Just pm your number and I will text you when ever we play.

We are all basically in the same boat. We love to play smash but never have free weekends to go to tourneys and it's hard to fine time to travel for smashfest or anything.

Last edited:

net1234

Smash Ace

i think this is pretty good actually, but i would probably put meleeruler above x, and id put @ BillNyeTheSamusGuy BillNyeTheSamusGuy above @ Pumpinz Pumpinz :p. dont sleep on the samus bruh

Lange

Smash Journeyman
The ogden weeklies still happen at hastings on thursdays 5:00-10:30. Most of us play melee but there are always people interested in smash 4 there. The problem is nobody usually brings a smash 4 setup.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Thanks for the info, might try to come down one of these times and I could bring a setup, even if it's just to have the chance to play some people.

Doublenickels

Smash Cadet
NNID
IamDoublenickels

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
So just to clarify, if Lange and I brought a Smash 4 setup there would be people willing to play. Correct?

Pumpk1nz

Smash Apprentice

Lol my alias Jack O Lantern is ranked 21 spots higher than my main. Brb coming up w/ more new awful tags. I'll be #1 in no time!

Edit: Upon further inspection, another one of my alts "Tufkap" is 6 spots higher than that one lol.

Last edited:

A Psychiatrist

Smash Apprentice
So the winner of the Ogden weekly tournament was Baby, with Pumpinz in second and Messiah in third, I got fourth and was so close to sweet sweet cash. After the tournament we had a U of U vs. Ogden crew battle that actually got pretty hype, which Ogden won when I bustered out hard. ;_; We should definitely try to get some sort of crew battle going at tournaments like Neumont though, it was way fun and I think everyone would be pretty into it.

Last edited:

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
So just to clarify, if Lange and I brought a Smash 4 setup there would be people willing to play. Correct?
a few maybe, but not many. and at hastings, there probably isn't much space to set up more than one sm4sh station with all the melee crts :-p.

Lol my alias Jack O Lantern is ranked 21 spots higher than my main. Brb coming up w/ more new awful tags. I'll be #1 in no time!

Edit: Upon further inspection, another one of my alts "Tufkap" is 6 spots higher than that one lol.
i knew this would happen. people aren't consistent with using the same gamer tag (this is super annoying btw). after the top 10, i just didn't really care that much to merge player data. so if people actually want their ratings to converge to a stable legitimate rating, they should use the same tag going forward. if not, i'm not gonna take the time to figure out everyone's aliases :-p.

So for the SLC weekly tomorrow, what is the venue fee and tourney fee? Any rules that need to be mentioned?
venue fee and additional information can be found on the facebook event page. there's no schedule for tournaments yet, so we'll just do impromptu tournaments based on attendance and such. we'll ask everyone who comes what they want the buy-in to be. remember to bring cash!

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Most importantly, BRING $1 BILLS. We're still setting up a card system of sorts for the new place, and we really don't want to have to try to break people who just bring $20s all the time (sorry to those who do, but no). So please, bring $1s if you can.

Hatch Backward

Smash Apprentice
I'll be coming to this thing tonight! Although I'll be a little late, I get off work at 6:00 about 15min away from the place. I hope this weekly stays alive, it's pretty perfect.

Top Bottom