• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
@ Superw0rri0 Superw0rri0 nice! did you ever get a controller that works, or are you still using that super janky controller?

does anyone else think that @Erich / @ DuskMarthWater DuskMarthWater / whatever his name is now (the idaho guy who got 2nd in melee at salt fest) looks like the person who was just commentating at koc4 (@MacD or something)?

Last edited:

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
@ Superw0rri0 Superw0rri0 nice! did you ever get a controller that works, or are you still using that super janky controller?

does anyone else think that @Erich / @ DuskMarthWater DuskMarthWater / whatever his name is now (the idaho guy who got 2nd in melee at salt fest) looks like the person who was just commentating at koc4 (@MacD or something)?
Lol turns out all I hate to do was take apart the controller and put it back together and it worked just fine

Apparently, I need to show my face again lol. I don't look like that dude. Speaking of, I hear there's a tournament down there in Utah at the end of the month sometime? I'd love to try and make it :)

Last edited:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Apparently, I need to show my face again lol. I don't look like that dude. Speaking of, I hear there's a tournament down there in Utah at the end of the month sometime? I'd love to try and make it :)
God damn it you and that name.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
ah, my bad. must've had my racist goggles on. all y'all white folk look the same to me ;-) ;-).

how was the taylorsville game den tourney? did you guys manage to get through melee, brawl, and pm?

net1234

Smash Ace
ah, my bad. must've had my racist goggles on. all y'all white folk look the same to me ;-) ;-).

how was the taylorsville game den tourney? did you guys manage to get through melee, brawl, and pm?
ended at 1:30 AM i took first in melee and pm
@ Aztc Aztc u shudda entered melee
@ BillNyeTheSamusGuy BillNyeTheSamusGuy i won pm with samus for u

Last edited:
DMW are you going to the big house?
Yes sir I am. :) I'm not sure yet if I'm going with my friends from New Mexico or not; it depends on their decision to go or not. I'll know by August. If they aren't going, then perhaps I'll try to catch the same flight as you. Possibly we can team in Melee.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Yes sir I am. :) I'm not sure yet if I'm going with my friends from New Mexico or not; it depends on their decision to go or not. I'll know by August. If they aren't going, then perhaps I'll try to catch the same flight as you. Possibly we can team in Melee.
I'm not flying, I'm in IL now, but I'm also not 100% confirmed yet. Working on it. I was thinking it'd be fun to team, let's keep each other updated on developments as they...um...develop

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Help! I'm stuck on Kotaku arguing with filthy casuals! I can't stop!

Philipp Hojnacki

Smash Cadet
Just wanted to say thanks to anyone that showed up to the Game Den Taylorsville tourney yesterday! We managed to get around 20 people AND somehow finish all three events. I'm currently trying to figure out a schedule for weekly tournaments that will alternate between Melee, PM, and Brawl every week. Ill make another post on this thread about it once i get everything figured out. Thanks again guys, lets try and get more people next week! Spread the word.

* Special Shoutout to Tim for helping keep the whole tournament running smoothly*

Last edited:
I'm not flying, I'm in IL now, but I'm also not 100% confirmed yet. Working on it. I was thinking it'd be fun to team, let's keep each other updated on developments as they...um...develop
Haha, sounds good man. I'm 100% confirmed for it, regardless of going with my NM buddies or not. But yea, just keep meh posted. That'd be fun!

I See

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts to Death-Devon for showing up and playing. He made the brawl tourney funn.

Baky

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
You know... I probably should archive all of our videos on the stats thread.
Speaking of that thread, that reminds me that there's some sort of problem with your system (assuming it's automated). Take a look at THIS. It's weird that I'm on the list on the left but not the list in the center, when the list on the left is a subset of the one in the center.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
pm sucks and everyone should feel bad for playing it

here's a solution if you have a case of pm in you

Go play in traffic

Baky

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of that thread, that reminds me that there's some sort of problem with your system (assuming it's automated). Take a look at THIS. It's weird that I'm on the list on the left but not the list in the center, when the list on the left is a subset of the one in the center.
Yeah its outdated and not automated (I guess it wouldn't be hard to make a program for that though. The problem is players using different names in bracket). I think I'm going to take that off permanently because it'll be too tedious to update.

EDIT: If everyone put their brackets on challonge I could use the ELO tool on smashboards to get power rankings though.

Last edited:

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
@ Baky Baky thanks for your diligence in being our scene's stats guy. i was gonna calculate preliminary ratings to everyone after the brawl tourney on tuesday (so we have rankings for melee, brawl, and pm), but if you want to do it, that'll be awesome. i'm all about division of labor ;-). i've posted the tiopro files for the provo weeklies on google drive, so you can use those to start calculating elo/glicko/trueskill/rating system of your choice. i don't know why we use tiopro over challonge. the utah scene just has to be different from everyone else (smashboards over facebook, tiopro over challonge, etc). but whatevs, i dont mind it. it all works out. also, the google drive folders should be editable by anyone, so if someone wants to upload the tiopro files from previous tourneys (salt fest, fanx, neumont, taylorsville game den, etc.), baky can have more info for rating players.

@C!Z you should get the people running the princeton weeklies to enable vod saving on twitch. i wanna see more action from my fellow east coast smashers ;-).

Last edited:

Baky

Smash Journeyman
Though we still run into the problem of people using names other than their usual. I might have to survey everyone to get all their different gamertags and compile them and at future events ask people to stick with one of their primary names. Players wouldn't necessarily have to comply but it would behoove of them if they wanted to be considered for higher placement in rankings...

...or an alternative?

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
k, i created a google spreadsheet to serve as a directory of sorts for the utah smash scene. so @ Baky Baky , you can use that to match up names and gamer tags if you need. please go and fill out any info you want. don't feel obligated to fill in everything. i already started listing some people. i put down rjs address since there are fests at his place all the time.

Last edited:

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
Guys.... i think i just died

also...
@ Superw0rri0 Superw0rri0 That's awesome you managed to take a stock off mango!
thanks man... the cool thing though is that i didn't get the kill by accumilating a bunch of percent over the course of the match and managed to get a lucky kill on my last stock. In the first 30 seconds I managed to get a grab, threw him off stage and caped his recovery... but after that i got bopped

Last edited:
Top Bottom