• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

DZLE

Smash Master
Lol, so I just uploaded a ****load of pictures from my japan trip to my facebook.
And guess what?

I took some pictures in Akihabara of some of like the crane games you play to get action figures,
and there are two that i took pictures of,
fully dedicated to...

Haruhi.

And I was like PC would freaaaaak

Minato

穏やかじゃない
The action figure in the first photo's awesome.

Nagato with a guitar in her witch outfit.

vazor

Smash Apprentice

So last Sunday I spent 2-3 hours practicing wavelanding. Specifically, wavelanding off the edge of the top platform in battlefield and then wavelanding and sliding off the inner edge of the lower platform. Finally I was able to do it twice, towards the very end of the time I had given myself to practice. Just twice. Is melee progress supposed to be like this or am I just really slow for some reason?

Also the person I played against at GDC was Thinkaman, best brawl Jigglypuff player I've ever seen. It felt like I was fighting Yaz or Kenny when I was playing against him.

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
You use Fox right vazor? Well Im not exactly a Melee expert but everything "wave" techinque seems to be way harder to do with Fox, especially wave-dashing. I havent really gotten good at Melee so I dont know if you progress is slow or not... sorry.

Dai-A

Smash Journeyman
LOL try doing combos with the wavelanding. its harder than it looks. the wavelanding is just the first step. just try adding stuff to it like a jump,attack,i dont know just something that helps you. oh and if you think its harder wavelanding with fox. try wavelanding with captain O_O you dont go anywhere.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
1000th Post!!!

Edit: vazor, it is harder to waveland with characters that have faster jumps, like fox, falco, and falcon for example. It just takes muscle memory to get used to the timing. Once you get that down, it should start coming a lot faster than it currently is for you.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
haha speaking from experience it takes a lot more than a 2 hour practice session to learn a lot of smash's technical stuff. The sexier it looks, the longer it'll take to learn it.

Dai-A

Smash Journeyman
1000th Post!!!

Edit: vazor, it is harder to waveland with characters that have faster jumps, like fox, falco, and falcon for example. It just takes muscle memory to get used to the timing. Once you get that down, it should start coming a lot faster than it currently is for you.
i actually think its easier to waveland with the floatier characters and Fox and falco. captains waveland just doesnt go anywhere unless you do it EXACTLY right. which is like in the middle of diagonal and the sides of the control stick.
haha speaking from experience it takes a lot more than a 2 hour practice session to learn a lot of smash's technical stuff. The sexier it looks, the longer it'll take to learn it.
Hahaaa not really.moonwalking isnt all that hard and its pretty sexy :D

DZLE

Smash Master
Wavelanding didnt take long for me to do with luigi, and I waveland into everything with him. All over the platforms.

But with falco, I can waveland, maybe... 50% of the time. Good progress though, once I do the perfect waveland it feels great.
I hope to progress to where i can do it every time.
Also, I have an easier time wavelanding falcon than falco...

EDIT: Oh, and contrary to what spudz says, I personally found foxes wavedash to be one of the easiest to do...

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
1000th post!!!

Fox's wavedash is faster than most, but once you get wavedashing down, it's all basically the same for the characters- just slightly different timing.

DZLE, come play with me XD

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Dark Ryu currently has an evil number of posts. 666...

Link's waveland is really hard to get perfectly imo, and the only time it is useful IS when it is done perfectly.

But 90% of the cast has better wavelandings/wavedashes anyway, so whatev. :p

wangston

Smash Lord
So evo is picking up competitive brawl for 09 without items. They have a stage list I support.

Neutral Stages:

* Battlefield
* Final Destination
* Smashville
* Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
* Pokemon Stadium(Melee)

Counterpick Stages:

* Delfino Plaza
* Castle Siege
* Battleship Halberd
* Frigate Orpheon
* Rainbow Cruise
* Brinstar
* Lylat Cruise
* Jungle Japes

Will you look at that no janky stages :D lol cept japes hahaha

Minato

穏やかじゃない
II find normal wave landing to be easy.
Wave landing onto a platform while being underneath it is still difficult for me though.

lengeta

Smash Ace
OMG, I found it!!! I don't like how they're hiding discussion. I understand it makes the regional zone much more organized, but I'd argue discussion threads such as this are the main purpose of forums. They need to make it MUCH more clear there are two boards to every region, and which is which. Oh well, whatever.

I'm bad at following the scene in Cali, I don't know any smashers here personally so I just don't really know where to look. But if you guys are ever thinking about coming to a tourny in Cali, you should look into coming to GENESIS. I'm going, that's why. It's in Antioch, which is between San Fransisco and Sacramento. Quite a drive, I know, but a lot of you guys try to make some of the big Cali tournies, if you end up hitting ANY up, let me know so I can try to get there too. Anyway, date: July 10th(Fri) - 12th(Sun). And here's some links:
SWF Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=211143
Homepage: http://www.norcalsmash.com/register/
Google Maps: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...=38.02727,-121.820869&spn=1.9947,4.943848&z=8

Wangston, do you have a link? I'm not seeing anything about Smash. I'd definitely consider going to Vegas for Melee again.

Good luck vazor, Melee is a lot of work.

jordanshuriken

Smash Rookie
the weekly is tomorrow right? is anybody going? I don't want to be the only one that shows up

(especially it being the first one I go to.)

Top Bottom