• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

sizzle_biscuit

Smash Rookie
Any fests happening today? I'm open to hosting if some peeps are down

Hahaha I updated chrome and for a month I have not been able to figure out which username is Atticus922, which most of you know me by or steezy for some of the veterens. Until it's figured out I Will be Sizzle Biscuit.

Last edited:

OkayP.

Smash Apprentice
NewS.A.M Tournament series OFFICIAL DETAILS

Location: Bushi Kai studio 735 E Pacific Dr, American Fork, UT 84003 (Old venue)
Date/Time: November 7 (1:00-End)

Venue Fee 10$
  • Venue fee halfed if setup (Gamecube/Wii + Melee game disc or hacked Wii + CRT [Contact me about CRT I have a few extra}) is brought.

Schedule:

Venue Opens 1:00PM

>Melee Doubles (3:30-End Of Doubles)
  • Entry fee: 10$ per team/5$ per person
  • Pot split 60 30 10
  • 3/5 Whole Bracket (All other Evo rules apply)

>FOOD/FRIENDLIES/SINGLES SIGN UP (End of doubles-6:20)

>Melee Singles (6:30-End)
  • Entry fee 10$ per person
  • Pot split 60 30 10
  • 3/5 Semi finals on (All other Evo rules apply)

General conduct rules apply (Given)

Doors will be open :)

HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE!!!

Last edited:

Aeriden

Smash Apprentice
Legitimate questions: Do your hands normally hurt when playing melee? How long do you guys play melee before your hands start hurting? Do any of you do stretches normally?

I might be holding the controller weird but my hands hurt after an hour or so of practicing wave dashing and the like.

kaln0ky

Smash Rookie
Legitimate questions: Do your hands normally hurt when playing melee? How long do you guys play melee before your hands start hurting? Do any of you do stretches normally?

I might be holding the controller weird but my hands hurt after an hour or so of practicing wave dashing and the like.

This past week i've had to stretch mine due to carpal tunnel :( but yeah, playing like 3-4 hours straight kills my hands

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
ive gotten blisters on my left index finger tip two different times from l canceling after playing for hours. this was around evo

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
You know, I've never had a hand problem playing smash. I don't play spacies ever though.

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
Y'know I get hand problems from fappin' to hard, but I find that a good stretching, and taking breaks does the body good.

Last edited:

Blues17

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blues17
3DS FC
3179-6103-8458
Whenever I play fox I never grip the controller too hard doing stuff like ledgedashes or waveshines or multishines but then I charge a smash for a hard read and I nearly shatter the casing.

OkayP.

Smash Apprentice
NewS.A.M Tournament series OFFICIAL DETAILS

Location: Bushi Kai studio 735 E Pacific Dr, American Fork, UT 84003 (Old venue)
Date/Time: November 7 (1:00-End)

Venue Fee 10$
  • Venue fee halfed if setup (Gamecube/Wii + Melee game disc or hacked Wii + CRT [Contact me about CRT I have a few extra}) is brought.

Schedule:

Venue Opens 1:00PM

>Melee Doubles (3:30-End Of Doubles)
  • Entry fee: 10$ per team/5$ per person
  • Pot split 60 30 10
  • 3/5 Whole Bracket (All other Evo rules apply)

>FOOD/FRIENDLIES/SINGLES SIGN UP (End of doubles-6:20)

>Melee Singles (6:30-End)
  • Entry fee 10$ per person
  • Pot split 60 30 10
  • 3/5 Semi finals on (All other Evo rules apply)

General conduct rules apply (Given)

Doors will be open :)

HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE!!!

Smash Journeyman
You posted the exact same message a few days ago. Maybe a small reminder would be better than reposting the tournament details on the same page.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
What 941 said. I can understand being excited for your event and all, but there IS a point where it just becomes a damn annoyance. And you hit that point awhile ago in my book.

Promote, don't annoy. That's all we ask.

Dnae

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0104-2706-5564
Why would you need a seperate thread for South Jordan?
I made it because SOJO doesnt have much of a scene (besides rj's fests), and I think it will help. Also because I want to connect more with the smashers that live around me.

BillNyeTheSamusGuy

Smash Journeyman
I made it because SOJO doesnt have much of a scene (besides rj's fests), and I think it will help. Also because I want to connect more with the smashers that live around me.
And then a mod closed it because there's no such thing as a single city smash "scene" in UT.

Top Bottom