• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

RVKYS

Smash Apprentice
dunno if you guys saw but apparently c!z was in like top 5 of the nightmare tournament that is referred to as KTAR. just thought i'd point that out here since you guys are the only one who might think thats cool.....

Sandfall

Stage Designer
If the trash talk dies the hype will die
No, it just means that players won't have to deal with asinine comments that are below the maturity level of say, a 14 year old. Trash talking your friends is fine, but other players you don't even know? That's not cool, nor is it socially acceptable.

BillNyeTheSamusGuy

Smash Journeyman
No, it just means that players won't have to deal with asinine comments that are below the maturity level of say, a 16 year old. Trash talking your friends is fine, but other players you don't even know? That's not cool, nor is it socially acceptable.
maybe im just friends with everyone man
for the record, I've specifically asked you not to comment on my matches and you still do.

Last edited:

Pumpk1nz

Smash Apprentice
Neumont was super good! Great matches everyone, it was awesome.

One thing I noticed, there is a lot of trashtalk that happens in the middle of matches. That's not cool, I understand in friendlies you wanna talk and stuff, but seriously, enough trashtalking while we're playing a tournament match.
Were people talking trash to you?
Cuz one thing you also need to understand is that some of us are tight enough with each other that we don't mind being trash talked to mid tourney set. For example I'll talk trash to @ net1234 net1234 mid set and he'll do the same to me and I don't think either of us really mind. If anything it makes me try to focus and play better so that I shut him up haha. On the other hand though I would never trash talk someone I don't know in tourney, nor would I trash talk someone I know would be bothered by it.

ZeroKarasu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeroKarasu
3DS FC
3351-4458-3302
Eh, I don't care about trash talk, personally. I've talked a bit o' trash in my day. I don't usually trash talk people I don't know, especially in tournament. Usually I'm too focused on the game.

Pyr

Smash Lord
Hello everyone.

So, I'm kinda new to the Utah scene. Anyone in or around the SLC/Kearns area that wants to do some practice, or training, in Smash 4 (WiiU)?

Pumpk1nz

Smash Apprentice
You'll also need to get an HDMI adaptor. Sewell or Neoya. I recommend Sewell, since quicker, yet same price.

http://sewelldirect.com/Wii-to-HDMI-Converter.asp
I read on norcal melee page today that people are able to play melee on homebrew wii-u. So hdmi connection w/o adapter if you have one of those.

First weekly was pretty chill.
Thanks @ net1234 net1234 and your friend for coming out.
That was me lol. And just so everyone knows. Much **** talk was done. And it was great.

Last edited:

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
just a reminder that it's the fourth tuesday of the month, so the provo game den weekly will be having a pm tournament. and we'll be a doing a stream for reals this time. had a problem with my power supply last week. it's fixed now :-p.

Hatch Backward

Smash Apprentice
Not that anyone cares but that new job i posted about last month? i totes got it. great job way less stress more time for smash etc.

speaking of more smash, whens the next fest i can go to?

btw did net tell anyone i took a game off yaz? im so kewl

net1234

Smash Ace
Not that anyone cares but that new job i posted about last month? i totes got it. great job way less stress more time for smash etc.

speaking of more smash, whens the next fest i can go to?

btw did net tell anyone i took a game off yaz? im so kewl
rjs erry saturday nignog.

HATCH TOOK 1 GAME OFF A DRUNK YAZ THAT HADN'T PLAYED IN OVER 4 MONTHS ON A FLATSCREEN TELEVISION. PLEASE TELL @ Hatch Backward Hatch Backward HOW GOOD HE IS

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
hey, can people check out the stream of the weekly at twitch.tv/gamersabbey and give us feedback. thanks!

SoapSuds

Smash Apprentice
Hey @ N nqztv , the stream looks really good. The quality of the video is probably the best I've seen on the channel.
Good things:
The video quality looks good. Unlike gem state rumble all of the frame drop issues are gone. Even going over the vod frame by frame the output was very smooth.
The drop shadows under the gameplay and webcam look nice
The clip I watched had near instant score updates which is really awesome.
Whatever mic Tim used didn't seem to have much background noise.
Things that could be improved:
Way to much wasted space - if I was watching in low or mobile quality I wouldn't be able to make out a thing. If you look at a vgbc recording they have their stream layout in the vods. You can see that it wastes no space. The game takes up the entire 4:3 box on the left and the overlay is very small on the top and bottom listing players, games won, and the event going on. Additional info like sponsors is always on the right under player cameras. - the gem state rumble layout was solid.
The surrounding space being white makes it looks weird on twitch because the rest of the page is also white.
The game capture looks a little too dark.
The player capture camera could be better. It looks bad running at 13 fps next to the 60 fps gameplay.
I'm sure that you know about the sound issues for the first half of the event but that was not good. Sorry I couldn't tell you while it was happening. :/
ffmpeg told me the video was 62.50 fps. I've heard that not matching the source fps can cause tearing, but I personally didn't notice any. Still, it should probably be 59.94.

Overall this is a huge step up from other streams I've seen on the channel. The gem state vods were stuttering and the quality wasn't great. I also remember lots of problems with deinterlacing or lack thereof in the past, so great job on this one.

(what capture card are you using?)

Last edited:

Tomacawk

Smash Master
hey guys....
let's have a melee tournament in the 3rd or 4th week of february? I'm taking PTO and my brother and I are visiting SLC. I need to know ASAP what days to request off.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
If you have that mindset about people you're better than, then you can't expect people better than you to not have that mindset. So you're stuck with finding someone at the exact level, which severely lowers your choice pool.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
is the last weekend of Feb bad for anybody for a tournament? I need to book those tickets immediately to save $$$

Top Bottom