• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UST 15 (Utah Melee Tournament - June)

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I really shouldn't be modding the Southwest forum, but...

AltF4,DrDrew, or any other mods, if you disagree with my punishment, go ahead and ask a SMod or Admin to reverse it.

escajehubus has one more point before being banned. Stay out of the Utah thread, and you should be fine.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
....Xsyven is a slacker :(
Technically, Xsyven is in charge of General Brawl Discussion and Wolf's room, only. He said he technically CAN give infractions in other rooms, but he's not supposed to (and said he doesn't want to abuse his powers so soon after getting them). He did try to also get authority over the Southwest room, but this room didn't need more mods.
Sorry to spam, but I just have to post it... FtS, the fox in your avatar is dancing perfectly to the beat of the song I'm playing. And it is awesome.
ROFL Okay, that was random (and it's in his signature, not avatar).

Edit: Xsyven got in before me... :ohwell:

harpuia190

Smash Ace
Technically, Xsyven is in charge of General Brawl Discussion and Wolf's room, only. He said he technically CAN give infractions in other rooms, but he's not supposed to (and said he doesn't want to abuse his powers so soon after getting them). He did try to also get authority over the Southwest room, but this room didn't need more mods.

ROFL Okay, that was random (and it's in his signature, not avatar).

Edit: Xsyven got in before me... :ohwell:
oh pc i believe you corrected just about that entire last page, correct me if im wrong

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Well, since I'm in a correcting-frenzy, I will also correct YOU.

I didn't correct this:

Ken-NETH stop feeding the trolls.......

There is no dash in "Ken Neth". Using call caps for "Neth" is fine, though, since it's for emphasizing that he just corrected that part.

Also:

You think wrong. My olimar>Ken Neth.
Obviously, the "My olimar>Ken Neth" part is false (right, Kenny?), as well as any comments saying Utah sucks...

But since I NOW have corrected what I previously didn't correct in the last page, I guess you are NOW right.

BTW... *Waits for YazYaz to say "Good ole PC."*

Gojira

Smash Lord
Well, since I'm in a correcting-frenzy, I will also correct YOU.

I didn't correct this:

There is no dash in "Ken Neth". Using call caps for "Neth" is fine, though, since it's for emphasizing that he just corrected that part.

Also:

Obviously, the "My olimar>Ken Neth" part is false (right, Kenny?), as well as any comments saying Utah sucks...

But since I NOW have corrected what I previously didn't correct in the last page, I guess you are NOW right.

BTW... *Waits for YazYaz to say "Good ole PC."*
Good ole PC

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
So are we going to use the SBR ruleset now or are we going to stay with what we've been using?

I say we do. It's pretty much the same except for the stage striking system and a slightly different stage list. (Shadow moses and bridge of eldin are banned for example.)

Here's a link if anyone needs it _SBR Ruleset_

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
The SBR ruleset intentionally leaves several areas open for preference. I will get those areas decided then update the rules today or tomorrow. IM me tonight if you want to help out :).

(Basically, yes)

harpuia190

Smash Ace
ya didn't it say like lylat, was open for discussion, but yeah id be willing to add some input

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
List of changes to the ruleset:

Bridge of Eldin : counter -> ban
Flat Zone 2 : ban -> ban (it wasn't already on the list for some reason, lol)
Hanenbow : counter -> ban
Shadow Moses : counter -> ban (there goes the only interesting brawl matches we have....)
Battlefield : typo fixed lol
Halberd : neutral -> counter
Castle Siege : neutral -> counter
Yoshi's Island added to starter
Port Town : counter -> ban
Green Greens : counter -> ban

• Stage rules will be the same for both singles and teams.
  • We will be using the stage strikeout procedure for the first match of every set.
  • You only get one stage knock-out now (bans come after the first stage is picked).
  • "NONE" added to the no items rule, just to be explicit about it.
  • "(finals best 3 of 5)" was added to be explicit.
  • Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
  • If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
  • You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
  • Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.
  • Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  • Stalling is banned.
  • Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end BEFORE 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.
  • Lists are alphabetized now ^_^

Anyone want to ban Green Hill Zone or unban Shadow Moses?

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I don't have any problem with shadow moses (cause I have a DDD counter :)), but I still think it should be banned. It forces people to play as one of the few characters that can't be chain-grabbed by DDD in fear of one grab equaling certain death.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
SMI is a hard one to choose for me, but I'm leaning more towards a ban. It's really too strong of a counter. It's either extremely convenient, or extremely inconvenient.

GHZ, I have no opinion on.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Just out of curiosity, does the Mexi Brigade want a rematch crew battle this saturday? ^_^

___X___

Smash Lord
Just out of curiosity, does the Mexi Brigade want a rematch crew battle this saturday? ^_^
CREATINE BOOST.

we wish we can.....

but david needs to go with his GF and i might go with my X girlfriend and Kevin and Steve are also leaving early...

and i think Steve is going with his girlfriend

C!Z

Smash Lord
CREATINE BOOST.

we wish we can.....

but david needs to go with his GF and i might go with my X girlfriend and Kevin and Steve are also leaving early...

Wtf... So is anybody goin to the Melee tourney tomorrow?

Staz

Smash Lord
i say we put the melee tournament first, because we might not be there so yeah just a thought:chuckle:

Staz Edit: oh and pc dont worry we are still going to teams so im still teaming with you.

Gojira

Smash Lord
CREATINE BOOST.

we wish we can.....

so no mexis are going to the tourney?

If the beaner brigade is leaving early then I won't be going to the tourney
OH NOEZ ITS THE END OF TEH WORLDZ!!!!

Junpappy

Smash Lord
hahaha I'm announcing that I won't be going so people aren't discouraged from entering Melee singles

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I might be a little late today. Hopefully I'll get there before one o' clock. If not, I'll be there a little after one. I'll only do 3rd Strike and Singles in Brawl. Maybe Melee if I feel like it.

___X___

Smash Lord
OH NOEZ ITS THE END OF TEH WORLDZ!!!!
What what really?!?!

jira calm down im sure there is still SOME food in the world!

but ummm we might be coming... hopefully...

kinda had a little indecent last night witch got us in trouble! XDD

Rhokk

Smash Apprentice
Under ur bed, steelin ur dust bunneez....in Utah
Oh come on, guys! Stop flaking! Just come to the freaking tourney! It's more important than girlfriends!!! xP

But yes, me and Kocoh be sure to be going..it's tentative about Pracker... He has a soccer game or something.

I'm planning on leaving at 11, so expect me there at like 11:45'ish, mmk? I don't necessarily need to be there right when warmups start.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
What what really?!?!

jira calm down im sure there is still SOME food in the world!

but ummm we might be coming... hopefully...

kinda had a little indecent last night witch got us in trouble! XDD
Stop being so horrny and sneaking out right before a tourny.... Don't you wanta come see me???:(

C!Z

Smash Lord
K so the Mexis are a maybe and Ken n Yaz are not goin for sure... I don't really know who else would enter that Melee tourney so as of now I guess I won't be goin over there either which is pretty lame. I hate Utah lol

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure yaz was making fun of the mexi's and their ex/girlfriend excuse for having to leave early, cause we know the real reason :p

We're coming.

Dai-A

Smash Journeyman
Dai Edit: Kenny ill money match for 2 bucks mario against snake :)

guys i dont even want to go the tournament :O
and if i go i want a ride back home after singles.
I might call my gf and maybe just hang with her. :)
But other than that i might just go hang out with alex and someother friends. so yeah count me out for melee probably.

Staz

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure yaz was making fun of the mexi's and their ex/girlfriend excuse for having to leave early, cause we know the real reason :p

We're coming.
hahahha kenny we are being serious, we know what your talking about too but im pretty sure i might go with my gf

Top Bottom