• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Using up-b to kill floaties/end combos

derdian

Smash Cadet
So ya up-b is actually a good move but I never see anyone use it, up air or a desynched up smash combos into it and you can get some really flashy/optimal kills/followups. They also never see it coming so even if its not part of a combo it is relatively easy to land.

http://gfycat.com/DescriptiveSelfishHackee I get this setup somewhat frequently but this is the first time I got it on a stream match. It's a good move you should try it out

Makoto-Y&Y

Smash Rookie
LOL that quick stand-up handshake GTFO. On-topic: I haven't really looked into it's offensive applications yet since I'm practising recovering with it but it does seem like a good combo finisher, IF you finish her with it.

Genghis_Connor

Smash Cadet
NNID
Genghis_Connor27
3DS FC
4356-1827-2712
I call upair or dash attack into up-b "The PM Combo" because it's so free in that game and kils at like 50. In Melee, its KB is pretty low so unless you're sure it'll kill it's probably not worth. That said, I use it against people who suck quite a bit lol

It's also decent for hitting peaches who like to recover super high.

derdian

Smash Cadet
I call upair or dash attack into up-b "The PM Combo" because it's so free in that game and kils at like 50. In Melee, its KB is pretty low so unless you're sure it'll kill it's probably not worth. That said, I use it against people who suck quite a bit lol

It's also decent for hitting peaches who like to recover super high.
I was gonna say its REALLY good for hitting peach recovering really high cuz she doesnt see it coming. I also get it on jigglypuff quite a bit but it is a bit riskier

Custom

Smash Cadet
Why don't people edge guard with it? At low % belay ledge canceled combos well and covers a lot. I love it for species that don't think I can cover high while on the ledge.

Top Bottom