• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Using HA to edgeguard Fox/Falco?

Cabej

Smash Rookie
I've seen a lot of people say that using HA against Fox/Falco is a good way to gimp their recovery off stage. But, whenever I try, my HA always gets stopped by their flames and they recover anyway. So, can anyone give me some tips or post a video so I can see it done properly?

MWEX

Smash Apprentice
Well, you are doing something wrong, if you're just getting hit with flames, the best throw to use then HA, is DThrow

KiNGMONiR

Smash Cadet
Key is to run off stage and hit them FAST. I usually catch them during the up-B startup and it's deadly.

HA against the up-B timed correctly is so safe in fact that I do 3 or 4 in a row for style when they're stuck trying to up-B constantly after getting hit... :laugh:

EDIT: Please don't challenge Falco's side-B. Getting spiked by that sucks!

Last edited:

Cabej

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I figured out the fact about falco the hard way. I entirely forgot it worked like that in melee, lol.

Pr0fessor Flash

Smash Master
NNID
Snake_Midwest
3DS FC
1993-8618-5171
if Fox is under you use nair if not then hope the HA got the hit Falco is basically a free stock

Last edited:
Top Bottom