• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Using dthrow

zDuck

Smash Journeyman
From 0 to about 60 percent samus can dthrow into tech chase.

Similar to PAL sheik if they DI away then you have to do a perfect wavedash to end up right next to them. Following this you can do the standard dash attack/run dsmash/ run dtilt/wavedash dsmash/wavedash dtilt depending on percent. After around 60% if they DI away and tech away you can only get weak dash attack. If you mess up the wave dash and they tech in and they're too close you will have to wave dash dsmash/dtilt or dash attack.

Mervis

Smash Journeyman
No I believe it but it was just so off the cuff ya know? Little to no context and he didn't even explain it was against fast fallers.

Who even is this guy I bet he sucks a samoos

Smash Journeyman
duck was practicing it on his stream but idk how successful he was at doing this on reaction

also, seems like you should walk forward if the spacie DIs away so you don't have to do a wavedash to catch tech in place

Bell Pepper

Smash Rookie
duck was practicing it on his stream but idk how successful he was at doing this on reaction

also, seems like you should walk forward if the spacie DIs away so you don't have to do a wavedash to catch tech in place
I still feel like UThrow and going for platform tech chases might be more optimal though. Your spacing and timing has to be TIGHT to successfully pull this off

K@ta

Smash Rookie
Upthrow platform tech chasing can be escaped by edge cancelling on platform and and in low percents and in FD is harder to extend combos of it. Up throw might be better in high percents so you can nair and force edgeguard situation but dthrow tech chasing I believe is more optimal on low percents, its just a matter of practicing it. Though up throw can combo into charge shot and is a kill setup.

Last edited:

Smash Journeyman
I still feel like UThrow and going for platform tech chases might be more optimal though. Your spacing and timing has to be TIGHT to successfully pull this off
If your upthrow puts them on a side platform, or maybe the top platform on YS/FoD, this is probably true. But on BF/DL, the top platform is so high that they can do things like purposefully miss tech -> reactively getup attack (or they can ledgecancel and such, like K@ta said.)

I agree that dthrow techchase timing is super tight, and it's doubtful that anyone can do it consistently yet, but if sheiks and falcons and whatever can learn to do it with multiple regrabs, we should be able to techchase into a single dtilt or dsmash.

Litt

Samus
If your upthrow puts them on a side platform, or maybe the top platform on YS/FoD, this is probably true. But on BF/DL, the top platform is so high that they can do things like purposefully miss tech -> reactively getup attack (or they can ledgecancel and such, like K@ta said.)

I agree that dthrow techchase timing is super tight, and it's doubtful that anyone can do it consistently yet, but if sheiks and falcons and whatever can learn to do it with multiple regrabs, we should be able to techchase into a single dtilt or dsmash.
I just love some of the new samuses on here... duck posts thread about tech chasing with dthrow and rando samus from mass thinks its not feasible, this is one of the treads where you just sit back and grab the popcorn

Bell Pepper

Smash Rookie
Ouch man I was just tossing out an idea I am still new have mercy me but I am a lowly fraud. The more I think about it you guys are right.

Litt

Samus
Ouch man I was just tossing out an idea I am still new have mercy me but I am a lowly fraud. The more I think about it you guys are right.
well bud every idea can and should be challenged to exemplify its viability, but just keep in mind the level of player you are conversing with on here when making statements or asking questions

Top Bottom