• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Using Din's fire to hit people???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a Zelda main and am fairly new to Brawl only been playing about 7 months. I play in the traditional campy style with Zelda. When I first picked up Zelda most of the people I was playing with were smash scrubs and didn't know how to effectively avoid Din's fire without just shielding it. As time worn on they wised up to dodging it and Din's fire just became useful for forcing air dodges when they were recovering and occasional sniping when they were at the top of the screen.
I then started think about how I could bring Din's fire back into the game as a damage builder. One way is to pay attention to when your opponent likes dodging Din's and setting Din's off before they like dodging. This sort of works because most opponents like dodging Din's at a certain distance away and almost everyone including Zelda player underestimate Din's range. The second method and I find is the consistent method of hitting people is to move Din's in a wave-like motion to extend the time Din's is in their area. It should look like a horizontal S. Not only does this extend the time in the enemy's range but does more damage because Din's is traveling longer.
I'm not sure if this has been discussed before but I haven't seen anything on this before on just though I'd share my thoughts and I hadn't seen it on the combo vids or matches I had seen on youtube.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Yeah, this is (or at least should be) rather well known nowadays. Still works, though... to some extend. And that link KayLo! gave is definitely worth checking out.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Yeah what Kaylo said is basically right... just follow those links and everything should be cool.

/thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom