• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

using custom moves to simulate other characters.

rlwrgh

Smash Apprentice
so since wolf was given the axe but fox has custom moves which are very similar to his other than the reflector not being red I thought what other characters could be decently represented using one of the alt skins and selecting the right custom moves?

rlwrgh

Smash Apprentice
couldn't find anyone else talking about the idea on any of the other threads or all of the google for that matter. oh ness has lucas versions and his shirt so there is a second one.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
couldn't find anyone else talking about the idea on any of the other threads or all of the google for that matter. oh ness has lucas versions and his shirt so there is a second one.
Ness doesn't wear Lucas's shirt.

rlwrgh

Smash Apprentice
ssbwiki seems to think the green hatted version shirt resembles that of lucas its kinda pushing it as one is red the other is brownish red but its the closest that I can find, and ness does have lucas versions of the moves so we work with what we have and come up with the closest thing.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
ssbwiki seems to think the green hatted version shirt resembles that of lucas its kinda pushing it as one is red the other is brownish red but its the closest that I can find, and ness does have lucas versions of the moves so we work with what we have and come up with the closest thing.
That's ssbwiki tho anyone can edit those articles.

Last edited:

rlwrgh

Smash Apprentice
sure though clearly we aren't going to be able to make perfect versions of these other characters without modding the game which is not currently an option, we can use the custom moves to come closer then not having them at all and I personally think that on ness that green hat is probably the best skin for a de facto lucas place holder until we have better options.

Hameed Ziabari

Smash Cadet
But all the normals are different. Wolf has a different nair, up air, different jab strings, and a ton more differences. It's fun to do, but it isnt very accurate.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Not simulating a whole character but Pikachu's Distant Thunder kinda emulates Melee's Thunder. It's closer to Melee anyway because the bolt is kinda slow and Brawl had a faster bolt.

rlwrgh

Smash Apprentice
didn't pichu from melee have a slower thunder like that? hmm I also saw that one of pikachus costumes is the goggles no alt moves that hurt himself though.

Rajikaru

Smash Journeyman
Game & Watch has a Trampoline custom that acts more like the Melee version, and I'm sure there are others that have customs like this.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Game & Watch has a Trampoline custom that acts more like the Melee version, and I'm sure there are others that have customs like this.
Heavy Trampoline, yes, though it doesn't give me back my lethal parachute nair =(

There are plenty of characters who can simulate others (for instance, Tink gets Fire Arrows, and Link gets the regular Boomerang without the gale effect). I keep Fox's 3333 custom loadout (from the standardized customs project) in Wolf colors and have a dedicated Ness slot for Lucas moves.

rlwrgh

Smash Apprentice
interesting so could try to also make a retro version of characters who have changed in the series good idea. I hope that ssb4 gets the project m type treatment someday.

Rajikaru

Smash Journeyman
interesting so could try to also make a retro version of characters who have changed in the series good idea. I hope that ssb4 gets the project m type treatment someday.
I really want it, really bad. Friends told me that the Project M team has no plans for Sm4sh since it's well balanced, plus there wouldn't be as much space due to not having a dedicated story mode almost nobody in the competitive scene touches, but what I'd give to have Lucas, Wolf, and maybe even Roy back, just as their Project M variants. Plus, the opportunities with pre-programmed unique specials is too much not to seize.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
didn't pichu from melee have a slower thunder like that? hmm I also saw that one of pikachus costumes is the goggles no alt moves that hurt himself though.
Pichu's Thunder if I'm correct is the same as Pikachu's in speed and distance, the differences are that it's multi-hit and like any of his other moves, also damages him if the bolt hits him.

Top Bottom