• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

USB Wired Gamecube Controller

Jigabar

Smash Rookie
I was thinking about using the Mayflash adapter, but I got the idea that since the Wii U deluxe has USB ports that you could just buy a USB Wired Gamecube Controller to play. I don't know how well this would work since the one I found doesn't have any reviews on the page.

http://www.amazon.com/Retro-GameCube-Style-Wired-Controller-Linux/dp/B00HS7LJ2G

I am not sure how the Wii U would pick it up or if it would work. I just need some opinions before I start buying things.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I was thinking about using the Mayflash adapter, but I got the idea that since the Wii U deluxe has USB ports that you could just buy a USB Wired Gamecube Controller to play. I don't know how well this would work since the one I found doesn't have any reviews on the page.

I am not sure how the Wii U would pick it up or if it would work. I just need some opinions before I start buying things.
It's for the Mac and PC. I doubt it.

Jackson

Smash Lord
If it did work, would Smash 4 support it? I'm all for it, but I'll likely be using the Wii U Pro controller. I mean, it kinda is like a GameCube controller anyways.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The WiiU currently doesn't have drivers to support USB controllers. They added support for USB keyboards so wired controller support may be on the way.

Spaceman

twitch.tv/spacemanstream
NNID
youlosttotoadgg
3DS FC
3497-1911-1309
I don't think something like this would work, plus the controller looks third party AF; and third party controllers are really, really bad.

WizzJones

Smash Cadet
i heard they had a mayflash wii/wiiu gamecube adapter i wouldn't know how it would work though i think it runs by usb as well.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
i heard they had a mayflash wii/wiiu gamecube adapter i wouldn't know how it would work though i think it runs by usb as well.

It connects to the Wii Controller, exactly like the Wii Classic Controller. In fact, all the adapter does is transform the inputs from the GCC into Classic Controller inputs and then send it to the Wii Controller.

Basically if lag and interference is your fear, the adapter will be the laggiest and the most prone to interference of them all. (The lag is still unnoticeable though)

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master

Both Basic and Deluxe have 4 USB 2.0 ports.

At any rate it won't recognize a third-party adapter or this rip-off Gamecube controller. If a third-party makes a rip-off that the Wii U can read like a Pro Controller (and will require the same buttons) then it's possible, same with Classic Controller if that is useable. I'm hoping for Nintendo to make a Gamecube Pro Controller but it doesn't seem likely.

Last edited:
Top Bottom