• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

US Release: How are you passing the time?

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
Less than 2 weeks left until release. How are you passing the time while we wait?

I've been playing the (unlimited) demo every now and again, but not for hours on end. I've recently started playing the fan translation for Gyakuten Kenji 2. I have a feeling that will last me until this game finally releases.

Raijinken

Smash Master
I've been playing the Japanese version

:3
Jerk.

As for me, playing the demo from time to time (after my 16-hour binge the day after it was released, I've cut back to avoid pre-release burnout), playing Theatrhyhtm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call and Dota2, and watching people stream. Aside from the usual schoolwork and whatnot.

Last edited:

Ridles the Space Pirate

Smash Journeyman
I've been playing the demo, and getting ready for Killer Instinct: Season 2.
College and work also get thrown in the mix, occasionally:dazwa:

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
shifting between playing Destiny, LoL, and the SSB4 demo

ReddFloxy

Smash Apprentice
Playing Hyrule Warriors, the adventure mode on it provides more than enough fun and challenging content until the game finally hits the shelves!

T

Trick or Treat

Work.

Hanging out with friends and the boyfriend.

And playing Forza, Destiny, and Wolfenstein.

I think I'll manage lol.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The demo, watching streams, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, watching Miyazaki's movies, practicing my drawing, things are going pretty smoothly.

Ever since Brawl's half-year wait between the Japanese and European release I've been incredibly patient with game releases, I'm having an internal party over the fact that we're actually getting the game at the same time as the US.

Tshockz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
speed0fsound
3DS FC
1762-3005-1769
Just waiting around for hyrule warriors to release this friday then going to play that to pass the time for the last week.

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
I've been playing the crap out of some other games like Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus and Dragon Age, along with working on school. Luckily Smash Bros. comes out the same day as fall break, so I've been counting down to both right now.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Ever since Brawl's half-year wait between the Japanese and European release I've been incredibly patient with game releases, I'm having an internal party over the fact that we're actually getting the game at the same time as the US.
Same here, the long wait for Brawl and the even longer wait for every Professor Layton game has got me quite used to being patient for certain anticipated games. Besides, I've got some other stuff to occupy me as well.... ^^

The wait is a bit, but it's definitely miles better compared to previous Smash entries. Especially for Europe.

Last edited:

Pink!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KirbyCanvasCurse
3DS FC
3695-0038-5541
I've been currently playing some Brawl, Kid Icarus, and I'll probably play Fire Emblem Awakening or Earthbound next.
Oh, and college as well.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
50hrs a week at my job makes the time fly by. But other then that playing the demo off and on even though the demo has already gotten very stale to me.

Playing PM daily on netplay. I've been meaning to pick up destiny just never gotten around to it.

Khao

Smash Lord
Been making the character icons on my sig.

Also, got my job with is pretty fun and stressing at the same time, so that's a pretty big distraction from the hype too.

Then at some point I might end up reading ****ty My Little Pony fanfics and other random stuff like that.

Last edited:

firewingpegasus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NanaSuki
3DS FC
0731-4761-5838
Playing the demo with friends. Also when I'm really bored I farm for stickers in brawl, because for forever I've been missing just a few to get the last trophy in the game :p

When you're missing 3/700 stickers the game is... mean.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Working. It's getting here pretty slowly and it ain't going no faster so I'm just going through the motions of life at the moment.

Gaming related, I'll occasionally get on Mario Kart 8 and dust some peeps, play the Smash 4 demo every now and then, and lurk Smashboards and Youtube for more Smash 4 content. That's about the extent of it.

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
Playing Golden Sun and Mother 3...

Yes, i'm that guy that thinks there's hope.

aliensalmon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aliensalmon
3DS FC
1204-0174-6540
Playing:

Mario Kart 7
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

Among other things....

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Demo... Watched all the story cutscenes of Xenoblade Chronicles, work stuff, school stuff, now working on my idea for a game...

Stalling basically. I need something to make time go by faster.

Yodude57

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yodude57
3DS FC
3282-2513-0940
Demo... Watched all the story cutscenes of Xenoblade Chronicles, work stuff, school stuff, now working on my idea for a game...

Stalling basically. I need something to make time go by faster.
Can you tell me a little about your game idea?

Last edited:

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Trying to get good at Project M, been playing the demo, and finally completing Final Fantasy IX, at the last save point before the final battle currently :p

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Edit: I've been advised to not post this places because people could potentially do the thing and take the idea and I'd be SOL. :(

Last edited:

Yodude57

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yodude57
3DS FC
3282-2513-0940
Edit: I've been advised to not post this places because people could potentially do the thing and take the idea and I'd be SOL. :(
That sounds pretty cool and original! I hope it goes well ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Working on school work and playing Advance Wars.

CosmicGlitch

Smash Apprentice
going out of state for a week on the 25th so that should get time to speed by a bit

cochiseSMASH

Smash Apprentice
I actually had a mostly unused copy of Animal Crossing: New Leaf sitting in my bag so I've been playing that the last few weeks. And of course playing the demo, mostly using the Villager to keep the theme in sync.

Ursaguy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5472-7859-2409
School and hockey. One will have to drop on the 3rd, and it sure ain't hockey.

CarterParrish

Smash Cadet
NNID
smellybutthole7
3DS FC
0404-7411-8213
I've been playing the demo, checking smashboards more, playing EarthBound (first time) :), and I have a bit of English homework every night. The homework chips off a bit of time.

MrMajora

Smash Rookie
The Demo, Of Course, Practicing MM Speedruns, Replaying the Mario RPGs (RPG/Paper/TTYD) and Some League/Dota2
Edit: Work + Being Sick as well, but that's trivial really. lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom