• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
So I've been half reading this thread, but Goggles/Sharky/anyone with a free spot:

What day are you guys leaving? I'm thinking about just taking a train early to go back to RIT. If I did that, I want to know if someone would be able to come this way on that day and pick me up for Apex. Please let me know ASAP.

Sharky

Smash Master
I'm most likely going to leave friday, maybe noonish, not sure yet. But that's from syracuse, so idk what rochester's plans are

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
hold up...

I wanted to enter melee. Which means I would have to be there friday. And if jaiye comes, hes going to be entering melee as well. Would it be possible to move that plan up like 12 hours?

also, sharky, im going to be working on the housing situation for my group and Im going to need to talk to you tonight to find out where you are staying in relation to the hotel me and neil are going to be in order to figure out if it feasible for you to take us to and from from there or not and how much gas cash you would need and so on. Are you gonna be free tonight?

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
A few things I need to know:

-If, now that the time has been changed, someone would be able to get me from RIT.
-If I could get transportation to the Hyatt, because I think that's where I can get space, as long as I let them know soon.
-Amount of gas money that I would need.

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone,

Figured I'd drop in and say hi. Been busy, have had no time for Smash, but I hope you guys do well at Apex - NYS represent!

Maybe bluepeachy would know, but I don't think UB Smash Club is very active anymore - can't find any information on facebook nor have the emailed me about anything when i signed up last summer. Either way would need to bring up my wii which is impossible since the rest of my family uses it for netflix now.

In any event, just figured I'd say hello and wish you all happy holidays/good luck at apex/and hope your lives are going well.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Sharky.

When you get a chance I really need you to look at this post and hit me back.

http://www.hojo.com/HowardJohnson/c...opBrandId=HJ&tab=tab2&resetCheckAvailMod=true

thats the hotel were gonna be at. I need you to find out how far deltas place is from there and tell me if it would be feasible for you to pick us up and drop us of at the venue each day and night. since florida is going to be in the same hotel they need rides to and im sure they would be willing to put up enough cash to cover all the gas and such and ten some, assuming its close enough that you would be willing to sacrifice a bit of time.

Also, if tech chase is still here, are you still looking for a room bro? if so youll get first dibs.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Unfortunately I haven't gotten in talk with the owner yet, but would you guys prefer the Utica Tourney to be in the last week of February, or the first week of March?

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium

-If, now that the time has been changed, someone would be able to get me from RIT.
-If I could get transportation to the Hyatt, because I think that's where I can get space, as long as I let them know soon.
Reminder.....

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
Damn, I want to go to Apex, but I just don't know If I'm gonna have the time or money to make it. I'm still treating things like I'm going, so Sharky, get ready for da chamber after this week.

Sharky

Smash Master

On this note, we STILL need to figure out how we're splitting up cars, and who the second driver will be. Since erk and beta would be staying with me at delta's, they'd probably get dibs in my car along with kyle/neil.
Sharky.

When you get a chance I really need you to look at this post and hit me back.

http://www.hojo.com/HowardJohnson/c...opBrandId=HJ&tab=tab2&resetCheckAvailMod=true

thats the hotel were gonna be at. I need you to find out how far deltas place is from there and tell me if it would be feasible for you to pick us up and drop us of at the venue each day and night. since florida is going to be in the same hotel they need rides to and im sure they would be willing to put up enough cash to cover all the gas and such and ten some, assuming its close enough that you would be willing to sacrifice a bit of time.

Also, if tech chase is still here, are you still looking for a room bro? if so youll get first dibs.
I asked him yesterday, and he said he lives right around an hour north of the venue, so like the distance to sheth's from pound I'd say. Your place looks really close, so yeah I wouldn't have a problem with that. I haven't done any math yet whatsoever, but I'd think no more than like 3-4 bucks each for the weekend for that. I'll get more exact math done in the next couple days. I'm going to bug delta for a confirmation on housing super pronto, too.
Probably, yes, and like 30 bucks.
This would seem to make sense, but again I'll punch numbers very soon.
Damn, I want to go to Apex, but I just don't know If I'm gonna have the time or money to make it. I'm still treating things like I'm going, so Sharky, get ready for da chamber after this week.
Hype!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
urrrhghghgh

goddangit...

first of all sharky, you arent planning for anything important on that monday are you? I would REALLY be nice to actually get a good nights sleep for once as opposed to finishing a tournament on sunday and then having to drive 6 hours home directly after.

james, registration is like less than 30 bucks if youre only entering one event. gas is gonna be like 30 too. you can feed yourself on less than another 30 for the weekend and 40 for the hotel room if youre staying with me and neil. if you cut down to the minimums you can get by for the whole weekend on like 100 bucks. Ive done it before.

Also, I think I asked this, but do you have a car?

Right now, my apex car is me sharky, neil, erk and beta it seems. for anybody who is not those 5 people, you REALLY need to get in touch with cura to see if he was serious about going (I doubt it) or see if anybody else is available and has a car. I have plenty of open spots in my hotel room and costs already mapped out, I just cant get you there.

Jaiye, me and neil could probably get you to syracuse but youd be kind of on your own after that. Alternatively if nick finds a way to convince his parents to go, you could possibly try talking to them and seeing if they are willing to let you ride with them up and back. I could ask for you if you want, but that of course is assuming that he is going in the first place.

Also is flaw going? Cause I know he has a car and that would be incredibly helpful.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I wonder if Flaw is going as well. Alternatively, perhaps Spamus would be willing, if he's going? Other than that...blehhh.

Sharky

Smash Master
urrrhghghgh

goddangit...

first of all sharky, you arent planning for anything important on that monday are you? I would REALLY be nice to actually get a good nights sleep for once as opposed to finishing a tournament on sunday and then having to drive 6 hours home directly after.

james, registration is like less than 30 bucks if youre only entering one event. gas is gonna be like 30 too. you can feed yourself on less than another 30 for the weekend and 40 for the hotel room if youre staying with me and neil. if you cut down to the minimums you can get by for the whole weekend on like 100 bucks. Ive done it before.

Also, I think I asked this, but do you have a car?

Right now, my apex car is me sharky, neil, erk and beta it seems. for anybody who is not those 5 people, you REALLY need to get in touch with cura to see if he was serious about going (I doubt it) or see if anybody else is available and has a car. I have plenty of open spots in my hotel room and costs already mapped out, I just cant get you there.

Jaiye, me and neil could probably get you to syracuse but youd be kind of on your own after that. Alternatively if nick finds a way to convince his parents to go, you could possibly try talking to them and seeing if they are willing to let you ride with them up and back. I could ask for you if you want, but that of course is assuming that he is going in the first place.

Also is flaw going? Cause I know he has a car and that would be incredibly helpful.
If as a car we want to stay another night, I'm alright with that. I was planning on getting monday off from work, anyway.

Now, questions:

1. Have you talked to san at all yet? I haven't heard a thing from him. =$

2. With jaiye that puts our interested total at what again?

3. A possible solution: Erk told me he was willing to drive if necessary. We could potentially go down in these two cars, and take his car to delta's. In which case, since it's such a short distance, I'd be willing to entrust you with my car to use to get to/from the hotel, and just charge you guys based on the mileage, once we merge together again. Thoughts?

also, registration for singles only at apex is a total of $50, now.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Just texted flaw san and spamus.

Spamus said hes not going, San said he is and Flaw hasnt responded yet,

san will probably be posting in a few min.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Sorry, I forgot to visit this thread for a long time.

I already signed up for Apex. I was figuring out how to get there. I wasn't even sure if there were going to be any rides from here. I would like to get to Apex as early as possible, don't want a repeat of ktar lol.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Apex Attendance for NYS:

KID: Roc.
Pikax2: Roc.
San: Roc at that time.
SMM1: Roc.
James G: Syracuse
Sharky: Syracuse
Tyrant: Schenectady
Pyro: Jersey at the time.
Beta: Syracuse
Erk: Syracuse
Jesse?: Rochester
Jaiye: Rochester
So. Im going to let jesse and his roommates figure out their own thing

Optimally this leaves...
Me and Neil taking Jaiye and San to Syracuse to meet up with sharky, beta, erk, and possibly james.

At which point we'll have 8 people and 2 cars, and 1 of the cars can just go down and pick up tyrant on the way to jersey.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Since my last test is on Wednesday and I will come home thursday-friday, will anything possibly be happening in terms of playing smash anywhere before people are too busy w/ Christmas?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
you know I dont celebrate christmas, and youre the only high level practice i can get realistically, so Im going to be hitting you up a lot that week.

Sharky

Smash Master
^challenge accepted =D

on that note, I haven't started campaigning for eating mms yet, gotta get on that quick.

edit: doing gas stuff now. For the present, people joining my car for the trip to rutgers and back should expect a gas fee of ~$20ish or so each. Those who are joining me at delta-cod's house should expect an additional $5. These prices are subject to change, but I'm 95% positive that prices will not increase, unless I find something about tolls that I haven't yet. (no tolls found so far) They might go down a bit, in fact.

btw, housing at delta-cod's house is CONFIRMED. =D

double edit: WTF roller do you not know anyone? XD

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
ill have 25 for you just to be safe, and if you are still down with helping the florida people and transport and all that. Ill go ahead and tell them 5 dollars a piece for the whole 3 days.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
And I seriously thought you were cool...I think you all bring up the topic just for the purpose of hating on it. And that is pretty childish, if you ask me. :\

Top Bottom