• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

Sharky

Smash Master
assuming goggles is still driving and doesn't mind adding a couple syracuse people and possibly cross, depending on arrangements, there are two cars

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Bad news.

Unfortunately some business related matters came up that I was previously unaware of. I wont be able to make it to the tournament on saturday. Sorry bcb, I really did want to come out and support your event.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
Ah damn. This is gonna suck. So how big is your trunk Sharky? :D

I'm going to consider alternative transportation options aka weird bus routes and this guy in Clinton that bcb mentioned. But if those don't work out... I think I'll worry about that later

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
James G and sharkys driving. Sharky can pick you up along the way and some can drive with james. Just organize stuff with sharky for a ride.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Since there are two cars, is there any chance one of you guys can pick up UsurperKingZant? I haven't heard from him lately.

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
At the moment, just tyrant. But maybe cac, no skills, and elyx as well. Cura told me vibe's not coming. I'll be at rpi smash club friday, so the details can be ironed out then.

:phone:

MetalPat

Smash Ace
is there a set date yet for 9th best?
i was trying to see where ill be for it.
EDIT: didn't realize we went from 8th best to 7th, so i found it.

also, wasnt the rochester tournament going to be in march? like wasnt that why goggles had a huge issue with me hosting in march? o_O cuz now im trying to get a date for april but it seems the tournament is in april now...

is this the SET date for sure? or is it another "maybe"?

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
is there a set date yet for 9th best?
i was trying to see where ill be for it.
EDIT: didn't realize we went from 8th best to 7th, so i found it.

also, wasnt the rochester tournament going to be in march? like wasnt that why goggles had a huge issue with me hosting in march? o_O cuz now im trying to get a date for april but it seems the tournament is in april now...

is this the SET date for sure? or is it another "maybe"?
Rochester's gonna be hosting a tourney every 3rd week of the month starting April.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
I'm willing to Marth vs Falco.

Edit: Actually I'm willing to also MM Wario vs Falco and IC vs Falco. Need the MU exp.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
@Sharky: Alright, I'm down for that. lol Let me just make sure I can find enough singles for all these MM's.

@Cura: I don't really play Marth anymore. Can you MM my Falco?

-Cross-

Smash Ace
Sounds good.

Edit: @Itsnotmyfault, are those 3 MM's ok with you?

For my use:
Aqua: Marth vs Kirby, Snake vs DK
Itsnotmyfault: Falco vs Marth/Wario/IC's (?)
Sharky: Marth vs Yoshi
Cura: Falco vs DK

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Im really upset right now.

final round is having a tournament for almost literally every single fighting game out, EXCEPT smash.

like word? you have a melty blood and a guilty gear tournament before you run a smash tourney dawg? like honestly, wtf is that.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Aye y'all. I'm new to upstate NY (Wurtsboro, Sullivan County, Catskill Area), and I'm looking to get back into Brawl. Moved from CT, and I hosted a bunch of tournaments a while back.

I have a venue up here in Bloomingburg that I can use now for Smashfests / Tournaments / whatever, basically. If someone would like to coordinate with me (because I'm unfamiliar with everyone up here and yadda yadda), I can get some **** goin' on the regular.

Looking forward to meeting the lot of ya, and hope I can get some smash in soon.

Also. . .if anyone plays Cartoon Network PTE XL. . .letta brotha know. My Dexter is broke.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
I know there aint a results yet thready but I just wanna say sorry for letting cuse down at Utican. Further justifies that Matt pretty much carries us.

I guess I will just get back to work and hope to do better at 7th Best.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Let me know what'd be a good date to host a second Utica tourney. Earliest I can atm is on the 5th of May, but I don't think that's a good day because people have finals going on and such.

I'm really proud with how smoothly everything went. No regrets on cutting doubles.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
Imo, I think doubles could make the tournament that much better. If there is enough support and setups, maybe some events could run concurrently. Of course this is just a suggestion. It's your tourney and you run things how you want, haha.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Just keep in mind that if you do it too late in May there won't be a turnout from Ithaca because we won't be at school anymore. Cornell finals end on the 18th.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I don't think I'd be able to make it on the 5th but I don't know yet. I'm graduating so I'll be here until the end of May and would be able to go on the 19th even if nobody else is around (though I think IC ppl will be here still).

Top Bottom