• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uploading P2P videos onto Youtube

Pav7300

Smash Apprentice
How do yo do it? I get "Failed (unable to convert video file) " when trying to upload it. Can't find .krec extension on google. Should I using something else to record the videos? I have some vids that I want to put up for myself to study what to do better.

For anyone who has played me (Cartman) what level would you say I am in the skill level guide?

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
You have to play the recorded game in your emulator, and record that with some software like hypercam or fraps. If you've done that, you should to put it in windows movie maker to make the file less big. I don't know much more than this but it's a start.

Pav7300

Smash Apprentice
You have to play the recorded game in your emulator, and record that with some software like hypercam or fraps. If you've done that, you should to put it in windows movie maker to make the file less big. I don't know much more than this but it's a start.
Thanks for the start, I started doing this and yes the files are big but the FPS is pretty bad, should I be leaving default fps on hyrcam on 10? or bump it to 60? Also how do I get sound? I have no sound on it although I am supposed to get it.

Scratch the sound, I see I didn't check the box..... Scratch that again, no sound came out. I changed FPS to 30 on hypercam and now a 3:19 video is around 800 megabytes in size... But then again maybe putting it in WMM the way you said will turn that into like one megabyte, hell movies are ~2 hours and same size.

Naki

Smash Rookie
I'm using some awkward kailleraclient.dll that looks like it wants to be a mac variant, but what ends up happening is that I can record matches with it and then go into playback.

While watching the playback, I'll use FRAPS to record the video and audio.
The file sizes are huge due to the encoding, 1.84GB uncompressed for a 1 min 27 second video.
Windows Movie Maker compressed it down to ~12MB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmXaC6a-h74&fmt=18

Video of that same recording.

Pav7300

Smash Apprentice
I'm using some awkward kailleraclient.dll that looks like it wants to be a mac variant, but what ends up happening is that I can record matches with it and then go into playback.

While watching the playback, I'll use FRAPS to record the video and audio.
The file sizes are huge due to the encoding, 1.84GB uncompressed for a 1 min 27 second video.
Windows Movie Maker compressed it down to ~12MB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmXaC6a-h74&fmt=18

Video of that same recording.
Well, I figured out how to get the sound for hypercam using a youtube video lol... Time to re-record some of this stuff then put it up. But I'll do that after a break from computer things.

Thanks for the help.

Naki

Smash Rookie
No problem.

What you might want to be wary of is that if you record for prolonged periods of time, you might get lagged audio. Then again, I'm using FRAPS, you're using HC so it might not happen.

Try recording some matches that are pretty long if you're feeling lucky.
If the audio doesn't lag, then I guess you're in the clear.
If it does start to lag, I'd suggest start recording before the match starts and stop recording right when it ends.

I had 15~ minutes of footage but almost after 5-6 minutes the audio was one second behind.
Disappointing that I had to wait 13~ minutes just to capture that one match.
Results were worth it.

Pav7300

Smash Apprentice
No problem.

What you might want to be wary of is that if you record for prolonged periods of time, you might get lagged audio. Then again, I'm using FRAPS, you're using HC so it might not happen.

Try recording some matches that are pretty long if you're feeling lucky.
If the audio doesn't lag, then I guess you're in the clear.
If it does start to lag, I'd suggest start recording before the match starts and stop recording right when it ends.

I had 15~ minutes of footage but almost after 5-6 minutes the audio was one second behind.
Disappointing that I had to wait 13~ minutes just to capture that one match.
Results were worth it.
Yea, if anything this has taught me to just use hypercam while playing so I don't have to watch literally the match over again...

Pav7300

Smash Apprentice
Whoot finally got the videos done.

Here is link to my profile on youtube,

http://www.youtube.com/user/pav7300

So far I only have vids of me versus sMoke2jointz, comments on what I can do to be better will be appreciated. Comments on how I can improve quality without loss of speed will also be appreciated.

Top Bottom